House in Bude, Cornwall, England, Quiet Residential Area,Perfect For Seaside Holidays, Easy Walking To Beaches Restaurants and Shops.
Our large family home overlooks its grass tennis court sized playing area, and attractive gardens from the main south-facing windows and two terraces, the west one perfect for summer evening BBQs. If there is ever a wet day, the games room provides ample entertainment, with pool, darts and table-tennis, and stores a few bicycles for guests' use. On the ground floor, Sunnymeade has a family kitchen/diner, a large and a small sitting room, shower and two toilets. Upstairs there is a family bathroom, two large bedrooms with en-suite showers, and one further bedroom. The next staircase leads to three more bedrooms, with extensive views over the town to the sea. Summerleaze beach, visible from upstairs, is less than a kilometre away, and together with Crooklets beach is Lifeguarded in the summer. The ruggedly beautiful North Cornish Coast Path leads walkers away from the two main beaches. Bude is amply equipped, with supermarkets, independent shops, pubs restaurants take-aways, sea pool and indoor flume pool.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic Family Holiday Stayed 22/10/16-29/10/16
About the Owner
Rich and Liz have owned Sunnymeade since 1986. Our four children have loved the spacious family home, with its ample gardens, and proximity to schools, the town and beaches. They now have their own homes, and we are able to let the house as a base for holidays in this lovely part of Cornwall. We still live very close by, and will always try to be here to welcome new guests on their arrival.
Guestbook comments from the manager
"A brilliant house for all ages.....thank you for the thought put into the extras here." D.& F.S. Aug'13
"A fantastic week in a great house - we hardly saw the children, they had so much to do!!" B.T & S. Aug '13.
"Great house, great facilities especially games room and garden." F.& J.B. Aug '13.
4.9 based on 18 holidaymaker reviews
Fantastic Family Holiday Stayed 22/10/16-29/10/16
This house is amazing, we were a group of 5 children and 4 adults for most of the week and because there was so much room our son and girlfriend joined us for a few nights. There are plenty of rooms to have quiet time reading chatting etc, and the lovely kitchen is great for meals around the table, very well equipped. The games room was as others have said a huge hit for the children and adults alike. The location is perfect, everything within walking distance and lots to do further a field as well. Locally the children surfed at Widemouth Bay which was great, life guarded and very safe, this beach had the added bonus of cafes and eating places. We had a trip to Port Isaac, Boscastle (which was my favourite) the most amazing cream tea I have ever tasted!!!! Padstow, Polzeath Beach again fab for the kids and adults for surfing. We loved everything about this holiday, we were lucky with the weather too. Liz was very easy and straightforward to deal with a very smooth preparation for our holiday. Thank You for allowing us to enjoy your beautiful house.
Wonderful owners, brilliant house!
Fifteen friends and I stayed in Liz and Richard's property last weekend for a leaving party. The house itself is fantastic - there was no problem cooking for us all in the kitchen, the social areas are large enough that no one was cramped, and you're less than a five minute drive to the beach.
The games room was a particular favourite of ours and has a very good table tennis table, pool table, and darts board.
I didn't meet Richard but Liz was a fantastic house, always quick to respond to emails and there promptly to meet us and give us the keys.
All in all, a brilliant weekend and I would absolutely return in the future!
Great for the whole family of three generations could not have been better. It was exactly as described and was enjoyed by all
Spacious and comfortable holiday home
Sunnymeade was perfect for our large group of 3 families. The weather was great so our young adult children made full use of the body boards and we all lhad lots of fun using the games room! The house was really homely and well equipped and we had no need to use the car as everything was in easy walking distance. The walks along the canal and Coast path were beautiful. Liz and Richard were very welcoming and helpful.
27th Aug - 3rd Sept 2016 The Gorman and Rush Families - Lincolnshire
Sunnymeade is a wonderful family home with plenty of space, we were a party of 10 with ages ranging from 9 to 74. The garden and games room were a massive hit with everyone. Sunnymeade is in a brilliant location, Bude centre is within a 5 minutes walk and the beach only 10 mins. away. Morrisons and Sainsburys are also close by. We would definitely return for another holiday.
Liz made us feel very welcome and nothing was to much trouble.
Impressive house with plenty of space for our party of 11
Sunnymeade is a house with plenty of space easily accomodating our party of 11. The garden is large enough for family games and the house is well positioned being only 5 minutes walk into the centre of Bude and 10 minutes to the beach. The games room is a bonus on wetter days.
Richard and Liz made us feel very welcome and very much enjoyed our stay.
From the Owner
“You will love being in this house. It's very sunny and warm, it's very spacious, which is what you need when you holiday as a large group. The 3 very large reception areas allow you to take time out. The gardens provide space for children to use their energy and quiet areas for adults to chill out, all while the sun is shining on you, as well as plenty of shade if needed. If the weather isn't too good, then the games room will provide plenty of entertainment, and there is once again plenty of space inside to play games and share each others company.”
Activity and Interests
There are two main beaches in Bude, both looking west to the Atlantic Ocean, served by large car parks, two cafes and an excellent restaurant, with RNLI lifeguards in the summer. Summerleaze (10 mins walk) has its own unique sea pool (see FOBSP), on the opposite side of the bay from the harbour, with its small mainly privately-owned fishing boats. The smaller Crooklets beach (20 mins walk) hosts the UK's first Surf Life Saving Club, and both are ideal for swimming surfing and bodyboarding.
All of Bude's attractions can easily be reached on foot from Sunnymeade, and there is a local bus service, with connections to Okehampton (28 miles) Plymouth (45 miles) and Exeter (55 miles).
Boscastle is 15 miles and Crackington Haven just 10 miles distant.
Tintagel, possible haunt of King Arthur and Merlin, is 20 miles away, while Port Isaac, home of Doc Martin, is 25 miles away.
Clovelly and Bodmin Moor are within an easy car journey, and Lundy Island is accessible by sea ferry or helicopter.
The North Cornish coastpath is a ten minute walk away.
The Eden Project is under 40 miles south of us.
Bude has three supermarkets and numerous pubs and restaurants, some specialising in local seafood. There are Indian, Chinese and Thai takeaways and restaurants, as well as cafes, superb tearooms and traditional fish-and-chip shops, all within easy walking distance of the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Easter holiday week
1 Apr 2017 - 8 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
For short stays we offer a £100 discount if guests would like to provide their own linen and towels.
Changeover day is Saturday for 7 night stays; please arrange to arrive after 4 pm and leave before 10 am to allow our housekeeping team time to prepare the property.
Notes on prices:
There is a minimum stay of 7 nights during school holidays and 3 nights at other times. Please contact the owner for availability and pricing of part-weeks.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Walking distance to everything you may need, including beaches, swimming pool, shops, pubs restaurants. You actually could holiday here without even owning a car!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Garage ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, Toilet and single washbasin
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Wet room with large shower for after-beach activities.
- The downstairs shower with toilet and sink is convenient for returning from the beach, with another separate toilet downstairs. The family bathroom has toilet washbasin and bath with shower over. En-suites have toilets basins and showers.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Can accommodate 1 or 2 cots , Seaview
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Faces south
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, Faces south
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, Can accommodate 1 or 2 cots also faces east and south
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed, Seaview
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, Faces East
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs the two large double bedrooms overlook the tennis court and have en-suite facilities; the one other has 2 singles and a washbasin. Upstairs again one twin, one single and a double bedroom complete our light spacious and versatile accommodation. All the bedrooms have space for at least one cot.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- 3 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have owned this house for nearly 30 years, and it has been home for our four now-grown-up children. It is far from a "modern-contemporary" house, and much more of a family retreat. Our children are somewhat jealous of several of the improvements and additions which we have made following their moving-on. There are plenty of chairs for relaxing on the terraces, and several benches in the garden for quieter moments. We keep bees in an adjacent garden, and our own honey is available for sale after a good season. The house is centrally heated, with two woodburners for those chilly winter evenings. We provide a starter basketful of logs outside the summer months, and refills are easily available nearby. We offer "starter-packs" of essential groceries etc at supermarket prices if required. Please email the owners for details. We encourage recycling, and provide suitable containers and instructions. Outside: There is off-street parking for three cars, and the house sits in its own mature gardens. The grass tennis court is well maintained, but irregular bounces will keep you on your toes! The south patio overlooks the court, and the west patio overlooking part of an old orchard is ideal for summer evening BBQs, with a gas BBQ and equipment provided. There are two tables for eating al-fresco, and assorted garden chairs and benches. Utility Room: Includes a washing machine, iron and ironing board, and ample hanging for coats and shelving for shoes. There is access to the downstairs shower and toilet. There is a tabletop freezer and an "overflow" fridge in the games room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is fully cleaned before your arrival, and beds are made up with fresh linen and clean towels for indoor use only. Please provide your own beach towels. Other: The timber games room has a full-sized slate bed pool table, Cornilleau table-tennis table, dartboard and blackboard for recording your scores! There are bikes for occasional use, football, tennis, badminton and croquet equipment and a small freezer.