House in Abbotsham, North Devon, England - Peaceful Location On The Edge Of The South West Coast Path, Beach Access At Bottom Of Garden
Tower house is the central part of Abbotsham Court; a grade 2 listed manor house. The property enjoys wide ranging views of Lundy and beyond with spectacular sunsets from its 4 storey tower. Furnished and equipped to an extremely high standard as a private home. The A39 Atlantic Highway is easily accessible making this an incredibly convenient base for exploring the numerous rocky shores or the famous sandy surfing beaches and rural North Devon and North Cornwall. Enjoy the South west coast path, Clovelly, and the numerous local visitor attractions whilst on the edge of a delightful Devon village, only 10 minutes walk to the Thatched Inn, Church, Post office and General store.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
The house and gardens were fantastic. There was plenty of space even though there were 14 people in our group. The house was clean and well equipped. We used the pool every day even though it wasn't the hottest of weeks. The location is good, with plenty to do in the local area. We had an amazing holiday.
Brilliant Family Holiday
I took my 3 children, their wives and 6 grandchildren aged 1 to 6 years. The house is the central part of a large manor house and is a family home. They generously left lots of things out for children to play with both in the house and outside. There are play houses and tree houses as well as the swimming pool; so everyone could easily entertain themselves. You can easily walk along the coastal path to sandy beaches at Westward Ho and some people are happy to swim off the rocks at the coast quite near the house. This house is ideal for families who have a relaxed attitude to life and enjoy the space both inside and outside. Brilliant!
Amazing house and great base for a wonderful week
Nine of us (two people in their 60s, four in their thirties, and three under 8s) had a wonderful week. The house is wonderfully decorated, well maintained and cleanse, and had lots of space and everything we needed.
Beautiful, spacious house & garden
We had a lovely holiday in this beautiful house. The location is wonderful - within 5 mins walk of the coastal path and close to Bideford and Westward Ho! (you can walk along the coast to the latter). The house is very spacious with large, sunny and beautifully decorated rooms. The pool is a good size and the garden is huge. It is a great house for kids, but also has a relaxing, peaceful feel for adults and plenty of space to spread out for an extended family. The views of sunsets from the tower are unforgettable.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Surf lessons, and access to some of North Devon's most scenic coast line is possible from the property.
The beach is visible from the property and can be accessed via path at the bottom of the garden.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£450|
Please contact owner
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Literally on the edge of the coast, with direct access on to National trust area of outstanding natural beauty. Ideal for walkers and nature lovers, due to its unspoiled beauty.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 have their own ensuites, and there are two large bathrooms on each of the upper floors. Bathrooms include, modern bath, shower, toilets and handbasin.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Std Double. Bedroom 2 - Std double Bedroom 3 - King size double, and shower ensuite/toilet. Bedroom 4 - Queen size double - bath /toilet ensuite Bedroom 5 - Std double, with child single bed. Bedroom 6 - Std double.
- Outside: The property includes 7 acres of fields/gardens, an outside gas barbecue, and private roof terrace. Utility Room: Washer machine and Dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and Towels are provided. Additional cleaning services can be organised with the housekeeper. Other: Sitting room has large television with games console, sofas, and large work table.