Holiday Home in Tourtrès, Nr. Bordeaux, Lot et Garonne, Aquitaine, South West France - Heated Pool And Jacuzzi, Special Children's Playcentre Area
A little piece of Paradise - easy to find and quite magical - perched on the edge of a listed hilltop village, with stunning panoramic views over the beautiful surrounding countryside. Our tiny quaint village includes an historic medieval church, a windmill and a few traditional French Houses. Shops, including baker, butcher and general store, excellent restaurant and post office facilities are a three minute drive away, and colourful market towns are 15-20 minutes away. (Please visit our personal website, www.holidayvillafrance.co.uk)
About the Owner
Jill Streater and Richard Miller live in the UK with their Golden Doodle Rosie. Jill has worked in the music preparation business for 30 years, particularly on many large scale movie projects such as the trilogy 'The Lord of the Rings' and several Bond movies including 'Casino Royale', Quantum of Solace', 'Skyfall' and hopefully the upand coming 'Spectre'. She originally played the oboe professionally - highlights being a world tour with singer Charles Aznavour and performing at Glastonbury with the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. She also loves running marathons. Richard is half English and half American (imagine the appropriate accents for each half!) and is a retired businessman. He was involved for a long time with the company Find a property and his particular passion is for photography.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We all loved staying at this fantastic place in France. Here are some of the best things: 1. Swimming pool 2. The view 3. Hot tub 4. Caravan 5. Windmill 6. Playing with balls! Thank you very much!
From the Owner
“We have been renting out our French property for 11 years. We are in the the beautiful Lot et Garonne just below the very popular Dordogne region. This means it is quiet, very typically French and not at all touristy - which we like - but with the Dordogne easily accessible too.”
Activity and Interests
Our nearest coast is around 1.5 hours away - the Landes area below Bordeaux, where the largest sand dune in Europe can be found.
Bergerac 35-40 minutes
Bordeaux approx. 1 hour
Toulouse around 90 minutes
Easyjet, Flybe and Ryanair flights are available from various UK airports.
It is possible to drive to us in one day but it is a long drive. With an early ferry to Calais and constant driving some guests have arrived by around 7pm local time. We would recommend stopping for one night eg in the Loire valley.
A car is essential for staying at our house. The nearest village with shops is a 5 minute drive or a 30 min walk
Nearest village with shops, and very good restaurant 5 minute drive.
Nearest market town with petrol, supermarkets, banks and local market 15-20 minutes.
Nearest recommended Bastide town 20-30 minutes
Nearest larger town with superstores 30 minutes
Nearest city is Bordeaux - approx an hour.
Toulouse is approximately 1.5 hours away.
Our area has a rich and varied history dating back centuries. There are many medieval Bastide towns in the area plus numerous possible day visits to local places of interest for children and adults.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
5 Nov - 16 Dec 2016
5 Nov 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 - 31 Dec 2016
17 Dec 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Once booking is agreed, a 25% deposit is required, with full payment due 8 weeks before the holiday commences. A security deposit is also payable per week to be refunded once the property has been checked following the end of the visit.
Changeover day is Saturday. Guests vacate by 11am, next guests may check in from 5pm
Notes on prices:
If clients are looking for a longer term rental we are happy to discuss rates.
25% to confirm booking, balance and returnable security deposit of £200 pw 8 weeks before holiday commences
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our property is truly in a spectacular location. We are in a tiny mediaeval village on top of a big hill, with amazing views in every direction. When I arrive I always go around all the windows (kitchen and master bedroom have triple aspect views...) trying to decide afresh which is my favourite view! We have a fantastic full house length raised verandah which many of our guests seem to live on when visiting - and as well as the requisite swimming pool we also have a lovely jacuzzi. Inside we have air conditioning, which can also be used as heating in colder weather. We also have a wood burning stove. Our house is particularly well stocked for babies and young visitors; they even have their own 1970's caravan playcentre! It truly is a 'little piece of Paradise'.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom: bath/shower, toilet, bidet, double basin unit 2nd bathroom: Walk-in shower, toilet, basin Downstairs toilet with vanity basin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - King size double bed plus small double sofa bed and children's cot Bedroom 2 - double bed Bedroom 3 - 2 sets of bunks
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have a lot of extra baby equipment so you can travel light! Our local couple are happy to get in supplies of nappies, formula ahead of your visit if required for a small extra charge. Outside: 6 metre private 'double bubble' pool, and 6 seater jacuzzi - both heated. Paddle pool and sand pit for toddlers. Play area for children includes a swing/slide wooden structure and a 1970's caravan which has been made into a children's activity area. Portable barbecue and poolside barbeque, 2 sets of outdoor tables and chairs for 'al fresco' eating. Swing seating and large hammock. Rotary clothes line brought over from the UK. Several loungers and 2 large parasols. Entertainment outside or on the verandah includes table tennis table, darts, swing ball, childrens' snooker table, and numerous bikes of all sizes. Main garden has lawn, shrubs, fruit trees, herb garden, secure fencing; We now have a lovely gardener so are able to have flowers and planters - plus we have an uncultivated garden area which now has a large wild flower bed planted in 2014 which has been a great success with blooms for most of the summer season. Utility Room: No separate utility room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Plentiful linen and towels are provided and beach towels and robes for the pools. Extra laundry and cleaning services can be booked with our local couple if required, also baby sitting. The pool and garden are serviced on a regular basis each week. Other: Small sofa in the master bedroom which converts to a bed but which also creates a 2nd tv watching area. This tv takes videos so the children tend to like camping out here! There is also a small 'cook's tv' in the kitchen!