Farmhouse in Powerstock, Nr. Bridport, Dorset, England - Beautifully Quiet,10 Minutes Walk To Stunning Hillfort, Jurassic Coast 20 Minutes Drive
A C18th former stable, carthouse with haylofts, converted with local materials to an elegant holiday house. Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, the Carthouse is in a former C18th farmyard. You could see a buzzards and deer on your way up to Eggardon Hillfort and from its ramparts Lyme Bay can be seen. Enclosed garden with a barbecue, lawn for ball games and adjoining Studio you can play table tennis. You can see on a clear night the stars or sit in a deck chair on the veranda with a refreshing drink. Solar panels supply hot water, boosted by a large log boiler, which also provides underfloor heating; padding about in bare feet is a pleasure!
About the Owner
I am interested in finding uses for the older buildings on the farm, using our own timber as much as possible. We have have tried to use good materials. As you will see the yard is stacked with timber drying for future projects. I hope visitors learn a little about the surroundings while relaxing on holiday.
Activity and Interests
The Jurassic Coast is twenty minutes drive. West Bay offers much choice: cliff top walks, mackerel fishing, many restaurants, shingle beach, pier promenades, a fine art gallery Sladers Yard, boat hire up the river. Other beaches include Cogden, Eype, Charmouth and Lyme Regis. It is possible to cycle to Burton beach from North Eggardon avoiding the main road.
Nearest train stations are Yeovil Junction, Maiden Newton and Dorchester South. Hertz car hire is possible at Dorchester.
Powerstock with two pubs is 1 1/4 miles away. Bridport, a thriving market town is 5 miles, with West Bay harbour just two miles further.
Nearest shops are in Bridport. Bridport is famous for local food, with lots of good places to eat, and a busy street market on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Booking Notes:
Please check North Eggardon Carthouse website for availability and price and then email or ring Lindsay Meller
Friday and Monday. Arrival after 4pm and depart by 10am
Notes on prices:
Short Breaks from £650 to £900. Weeks from £900 to £1800.
Christmas / New Year is by arrangement.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Unwind in a quiet and friendly atmosphere in a beautiful setting.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite disabled wet room shower to bedroom 1 and wc, Separate wc ground floor, Shower shared with bedroom 2 and 3, Shower shared with bedroom 4 and 5, Two Separate upstairs wcs.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 13 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Disabled Bedroom 1 with double/twin beds, Bedroom 2 with Double/twin plus two single beds extra, Bedroom 3 with double bed, Bedroom 4 with double/twin beds, Bedroom 5 with double/twin beds plus one single bed extra. Cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Two upstairs rooms are large . Bedroom 2 has two extra single beds. Bedroom 5 has one extra single bed. There are also two camp beds available and one cot. Outside: A grass lawn allows for ball games. There are deckchairs, a large table, a double swing, and a veranda and mobile BBQ. Utility Room: Ironing board, Clothes Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Sink, Clothes Rack, Baby Bath Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Cleaned on change over day usually Friday. Other: Games room with table tennis table.