Cottages in Salcombe, South Devon, England - Centre Of The Town, Yet Peaceful Location, Wi-Fi, Sky TV, BBQ, NearThe Beach!
A well maintained town house lovingly kept to a high standard and equipped with almost everything you could need. Located in Salcombe, a beautiful small town in the South Hams district of Devon in the South West of England. It has long been a popular destination for holidays all year round, thanks to its warm climate, stunning location and wonderful character. On your doorstep are the most beautiful golden sand beaches with crystal clear water, relaxing walks around tree lined coves, excellent golf courses and one of the best water sport locations in the country. Near to the mouth of the Kingsbridge Estuary, built mostly on its steep west side, it lies within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Visitors return year after year, finding quick and easy access not only to beautiful beaches via the ferry links to East Portlemouth and South Sands, but also to its boutiques, pubs, restaurants and stunning coastal paths; all making the Salcombe experience truly unforgettable!
SHORT BREAKS AVAILABLE OUT OF SEASON. :)
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
After 15yrs of staying in a variety of holiday homes in Salcombe, this is by far the the best.
Excellent location, comfortably furnished, well maintained and by far the best equipped rental property. The quality of bed linen and cutlery also require special note.
Added bonuses include -
- car park
- 2 Terraces (love the Winchester bar!)
- key pad entry system.
Have already booked to return next year!!
Also love the great stock of books, dvd's, etc - plus Sky + and Sky Sports.
4.9 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful home, so well kitted out with everything you could possibly need. Lovely welcome cake and comfortable beds. Truly a fabulous and cozy place to stay- the photos don't do it justice.
Fabulous property right in the heart of Salcombe but delightfully quiet!
1 kings Cottages was all we hoped for. The furnishings were first rate with some beautiful artwork on the walls. The bedrooms and linen quality were of the highest standard. It was a lovely surprise to receive a bottle of wine and home made cake on our arrival!
What we particularly liked were the two lounges; one housing the large TV which the children enjoyed and the other incorporating the dining area which the adults used for a peaceful after dinner drink!
Although centrally located in Salcombe, the fact that the No 1 is at the far end of a row of cottages off Fore Street meant that noise was just not an issue (except for the ever present seagulls!)
Lovely cottage in the middle of Salcombe.
The cottage was a fantastic find, right in the heart of Salcombe with everything in walking distance but tucked away from the noise. The property is really well presented and is maintained and equipped to a high standard. We had great weather so made full use of the terraces and gas bbq. Covering three levels our family had plenty of space to spread out over with a fabulous lounge and dining area to come together again for dinner and games.
Upon arrival, there was cake and wine awaiting us which was a really nice surprise. The property manager Mel is so helpful, coming back quickly on any queries and very kindly returning some valuables we'd left behind. We had a lovely time and really hope to be back again next year!
A beautiful property in the heart of beautiful Salcombe!
My fiancé and I and 3 other couples spent a weekend here and we had a truly wonderful time.
The cottage is beautiful, comfortable and spotlessly clean. There's lots of space inside and outside of the house which accommodated 8 adults fantastically well. The Sky Plus and wifi was an added bonus for the men whilst they waited for us ladies to get ready.
We could not fault the location, tucked away off the main street in a quiet cul-de-sac with parking too! A rare find in Salcombe.
Thank you Mel for being so helpful and for leaving us a delicious home made cake.
We will definitely be returning soon!
Fantastic stay in the heart of Salcombe
Stayed for a weekend of walking at Kings Cottages. The accommodation was clearly a well cared for second home. The furnishings, equipment, bedding were all high quality and there were plenty of games, DVDs and books had the weather been poor. As it was we had two days of sunshine and long coastal path walks straight out from the door. Arriving back into Salcombe, a refreshing quick pint at The Ferry Inn and a delightfully short walk back to the cottage was a real bonus.
Coffee up on the verandah each morning was a treat, a glimpse of the estuary and brilliant sunshine. One car parked at the accommodation and the others up at the park and ride which for a three day stay was far more economical than the weekly ticket suggested - would recommend if like us you had no need of the cars.
I would definitely recommend and return. Thank you.
Fantastic house right in the centre of Salcombe
This was the third time we have stayed in this beautiful, well equipped house, hidden away right in the centre of Salcombe with its pubs, restaurants, boutique shops and fantastic coastline. The accommodation is spacious, clean and well maintained with plenty of room for a party of 8. The kitchen, although smallish is perfectly well equipped with lots of crockery, cutlery, pans etc. Having its own parking space is a real bonus and the large decking area gets the sun until it goes down behind the hill in the early evening. Having visited several times over the past few years it is obvious that the owners keep on top of maintenance and are constantly improving the property.
The property manager was fantastic when we had to make last minute alterations to our plans due to illness.
We would highly recommend this property.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Dittiscombe Equestrian Centre, Dittiscombe, Slapton. TQ7 2QF - Tel; 01548 581049 - For riding lessons and hacking; with indoor school for bad weather! - 35 min. drive.
East Portlemouth Beaches - 5 minute walk & 3 minute Ferry ride. The Ferry operates from Easter to October with a continuous service. Venus Café are based close by for a drink or snack to eat.
South Sands Beach - 1 minute walk + approx 7 min ferry ride. The Ferry operates from Easter to October. Running roughly every 1/2 hr. Visit the South Sands Boutique Hotel for a bite to eat!
North Sands Beach - 1 mile, 15minute walk. Visit The Winking Prawn for a delightful snack or meal is a definite must
Airport - Exeter & Plymouth airports - approx. 1 hour drive or Bristol airport - approx. 2 hour drive
Train - Totnes rail station - 45 minutes drive
International ferry port - 45 minutes drive - Roscoff in france, Cork & Santander
Kingsbridge - 10 min drive
Slapton Sands - 20 min drive
Blackpool Sands - 25 min drive
Dartmouth - 25 min drive
Dartmoor - 45 min drive
Cranch's shop (general food store)
All a minute's walk from your front door!!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Oct Half Term
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 19 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
20 Dec 2016 - 27 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
New Year 2016
28 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Saturday. Arrival time of 3pm on Saturday and departure at 10am please.
Short breaks are available out of high season.
If occupancy of 4 people or less we can offer a reduced rental out of season if only 1 or 2 bedrooms are used. Please ask for details.
Notes on prices:
Out of season - if occupancy is 4 people or less, we can offer a reduced rental if only 1 or 2 bedrooms are used. Please ask for details.
Short breaks can be available out of high season.
* A 30% deposit is due via on-line banking at the time of booking. The 70% balance is due 12 weeks prior to your arrival date along with a £200 security damage deposit. This will gladly be refunded if no damage is reported after your stay. The booking party must NOT exceed 8 people. Payment terms via BACS 12 weeks prior to arrival. Payment must be made in full when booking within 12 weeks.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, This bathroom is located between the Bunk room and the Twin
- Ground floor Shower room with shower cubicle, wc, and basin. En suite bathroom to Bedroom 1 with bath/shower over, wc, basin. Family bathroom on the second floor with bath/shower over, wc, and basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, King size bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Super king size bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Twin bedded room
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Bunk beds
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1; King Size bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers. Bedroom 2; SuperKing Size bed, fitted cupboard - ground floor. Bedroom 3; 2 x 3' Single beds, wardrobe, chest of drawers. Bedroom 4; Full size Bunk Beds, chest of drawers - ideally set up for children.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Carpeted throughout except for bathrooms and kitchen areas. Gas central heating. Internet access. BBQ. 2 Outside terraces. Satellite TV. Non smoking. Pets not allowed. There is allocated parking for ONE car with additional car parking available nearby in the long stay car park by purchasing a car parking pass which can also be used in several other car parks throughout the South Hams. Cost of approx. £32 for per week, per car. Outside: The Clubhouse - of timber construction with built in fridge and sink and giving access to a splendid upper terrace. The stunning rooftop terrace is a real delight to savour! With some sneaky views over towards East Portlemouth, this 50' area of decking gives plenty of room to sit out and entertain friends with a glass of wine, or sunbathing in private enjoying the weather of the South West. Ample deck chairs and seats are supplied along with a picnic table and bench seat. Steps at the far end of the terrace lead down to the rear terrace. The private rear terrace has a table with 8 chairs and BBQ. This terrace was resurfaced with beautiful York stone for 2014. Utility Room: Ground floor - Washing machine, tumble dryer and built in sink. Iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner. Refurbished 2014. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Superior quality bed linen and towels are provided. Beach towels are not provided. A complimentary mid-term linen change is available for holiday lettings of 2 weeks or more. Maid service is available at an extra cost by prior arrangement. Other: Sitting Room - with sofa, armchairs, flat screen TV with Sky+ HD (incl. Sky Sports), DVD player, CD Hi-Fi system, Wi-Fi, Coal effect electric fire. Stairs from here lead to the second floor. Baby Friendly with travel cot, highchair and stairgates.