Farmhouse in Fontanar, Pozo Alcon, Nr. Cazorla, Jaen, Spain - Breathtaking Views, Peaceful Location, Shopping Facilities Nearby, Live The Real Spain
A detached former farmers house which nestles in the hillside overlooking olive groves in a peaceful village location. A feature of this magical home is that the rear of the house has been cut out of the rock face giving a unique holiday experience with a true taste of rural Spanish life. The Lounge has a high vaulted ceiling with exposed terracotta pantiles. A large Andalusian fireplace to snuggle up to in the cooler winter evenings whilst the Moorish style plunge pool with fountain is a perfect way to keep cool in the heat of the day. An arched shaded sitting area. Views of the fabulous snow capped Sierra Nevada in the distance. Lake Negratin nearby is not to be missed.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a professional couple who have had so many memorable experiences in Andalusia. We have fallen in love with the area and all that it has to offer. Peaceful tranquillity and a place to relax and unwind.
We offer our home as a letting to like-minded people who enjoy sight-seeing, walking, photography, painting and generally relaxing on holiday.
2 holidaymaker reviews
If you want an alternative to the Costas then you should consider this. The accommodation is comfortable and well kitted out and looks over the village which is in easy walking distance. The locals are friendly and helpful. The location is an ideal base for travelling around this interesting area or to just relax on the private patio area and cool down in the plunge pool. After spending a few conventional holidays roasting at night in the Spanish summer heat we were grateful for the cool nights provided by the stable temperature that the cave bedrooms afford.
A treat in real Spain
For the real Spain this is a special place to stay and enjoy village life in this unique property. The property is well appointed with all the facilities you will need to fully self cater for all the family. The sunny aspect to the outside patio is wonderfully for sun lovers and there is the plunge pool to cool off. The views across the valley, filled olive trees are amazing and for the more advantageous there are miles of paths and country roads to walk. But you will need your own vehicle to explore further afield as there is no regular public transport.This is a real get away from the Costas and enjoy real Spain before is disappears. The present owners have embarked on maintaining the property to a high standard and it shows. Just remember to practice your Spanish to make the most of your time. Worth 5 stars.
From the Owner
“"Casa del Fuente" is close to the village centre along with other cave houses and overlooks olive groves, farm land, the Roman aquaduct in the distance the Sierra Nevada. The peacefulness of the house is so rewarding after a busy year and we always return home with our batteries fully charged and totally relaxed. Fontanar is a lovely, friendly rural village which offers a taste of "real" Spain and the location is perfect for exploring the sights and getting to know the locals. Our favourite haunts would have to include exploring historic Granada with all that it has to offer; Lake Negratin especially the spa and the Cazorla National Park.”
Activity and Interests
Inland beaches: Located at Lake Negratin and Lake Bolera approximately 20 minutes.
Almeria coast is approximately 1hr 30 minutes away.
Almeria: 1 hr 45 minutes
Alicante: 2 hrs 35 minutes
Murcia: 2 hrs 40 minutes
Granada: 1 hr 30 minutes
Malaga 2 hrs 35 minutes
Car hire or use of car is essential
Granada City: 1hr 15 minutes
Baza: 30 minutes
Pozo Alcon: 10 minutes
Cuevas del Campo: 15 minutes
Freila: 20 minutes
Almeria: 1hr 45 minutes
Cazorla: 45 minutes
Gaudix: 45 minutes
Fontanar Village: 2 mini supermarkets, 2 bars, bakery, Doctors
Pozo Alcon: Monday Market, banks, cashpoints, bars, restaurants, Olympic size swimming pool, tennis courts, cafe's, etc.
Granada: Alhambra palace, cathedral, Arab quarter, etc.
Baza: Larger shops, supermarkets, shopping centre, etc.
Lake Negratin: Wonderful lake with beaches, Spa and Restaurants
Lake Bolera: Picnic areas, Restaurant and shaded areas
Cazorla National Park: hiking, cycling, sight seeing, etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 25 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please pay 25% deposit on reservation. Balance required 4 weeks before arrival date. Payment in Pounds Sterling or Euro equivalent accepted. Please contact owners by phone or email for bank details. A refundable deposit of 100 pounds is required and held against loss or damage to the property.
Changeover day is generally Saturday but subject to negotiation. Arrival time after 15:00 and departure time by 10:00. Please contact owner by phone or email to arrange.
Notes on prices:
Villa Booking Conditions - payable to "R Colquhoun"
(Please read Booking Notes)
Please advise if you require Maid Service.
Please don't forget to book your own Car Hire!
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“What appeals most about the property is the privacy; private pool and large front enclosed garden & courtyard which is not overlooked. Casa del Fuente is a cave reform, finished to a high standard and has been furnished with an eclectic mix of furniture to compliment the character of the property. The house is comfortably cool in the heat of the day because the inner cave rooms stay at a constant temperature. Although it is wonderful to be out in the sunshine sometimes you just want to cool down.”
- Fireplace ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1
- Bathroom 1 (adjacent to Double bedroom), Moorish style with bath/shower, WC, basin and bidet Bathroom 2 with shower, WC and basin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with twin beds Bedroom 3 with twin beds
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A lovely Holiday Home, offering you a true taste of Spain. "Casa del Fuente" is perfect for that relaxing holiday you've promised yourself. Close to the fabulous Lake Negratin and thermal baths, Cazorla National Park, Granada City, Baza and ideal for Hikers and Nature lovers. Although not close to the sea; Lake Negratin and Lake Bolera nearby offer a magical alternative with Restaurants, picnic areas and wonderful landscapes. Outside: A very spacious private enclosed front courtyard area (2000 square feet) with mature olive trees, a walnut tree and raised planters. Private Moorish style plunge pool with fountain. A covered shaded terraced area with chairs and table overlooking the pool. Sun loungers, garden furniture & barbeque provided. Nearest neighbours 50 metres away. Simply enjoy the tranquil setting and explore the countryside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen included. Change of bedding/towels is made available for 2 week stay. Maid service available on request. Please bring your own towels for pool and beach use. Other: Dining Room leading from the Living Room cut into rock face. A lovely 8ft Dining table and chairs, side board, globe bar & great for family dining.