Townhouse in Torrox pueblo, In A Quiet Part Of The Village With A Real Spanish Feel
Pretty traditional Spanish town house for 2-3 people with roof terrace and sea views, close walking distance to village square and all amenities. Ideal for touring or enjoying a relaxing holiday with a 10 min bus ride to the beach. Sleeps 1-3 people.
The house is on 3 levels. With fully equipped kitchen, lounge with sofa bed and shower room on the ground level. The double bedroom is on the next level with access to the 3 rd level and the roof terrace with sun loungers, table and chairs for outdoor dining.
About the Owner
Irene has lived in Andalucia, Spain, since 2004. She lives with her husband in the Province of Jaen approximately 2 hours driving time from Torrox and high in the mountains. A local Torrox ex-pat looks after Casa la Fortuna and its guests. Irene stays at Torrox on a regular basis and likes to keep it fresh, up-to-date and well equipped. She and her husband/family regularly 'test' it out, to ensure that it meets her exacting standards. For more adventurous guests Irene can organise a two centre vacation - please request details. Having lived in Spain for some time Irene can answer most questions you may have and is a mine of information. Therefore, book your holiday in the knowledge that you will enjoy a great time.
From the Owner
“Our reasons for buying a property in Torrox were many fold. As the saying goes - location, location, location and Torrox is both a lovely location and also very practical. The pueblo is still very Spanish but with all the conveniences people need and expected. It is also great in terms of transport links re Malaga airport and for trips out to the many other white pueblos (white villages). It's a very pretty village in and of itself and only 10 minutes drive/bus to the beach. Living inland in a large property we liked the idea of having a small house by the coast. It has proved to be a good decision all around.”
Activity and Interests
The coast is less than 10 minutes by car or public transport and has a lovely sandy beach. Along the pretty promenade there are numerous bars and restaurants, mainly Spanish. The promenade is great to walk along providing shops and children's play areas. There is also a Monday market in Torrox Costa.
Malaga airport is only 45mins - 1 hour away. by car or public transport. It is 70 kilometres from the airport to the pueblo.
City of Malaga 40k, with its exclusive port area and the Picasso Museum. The city of Granada 70k with its beautiful buildings and the famous Alhambra Palace. The towns of Nerja, 10k. Almunecar, Torre del Mar and Velez Malaga 20k, can all be reached by public transport. The Axarquia white villages are worth a visit including Competa and Frigliana 12k. The Axarquia national park is nearby with its many sporting activities and walks.
Torrox is a pretty white village with higgledy piggledy streets and houses and safe for young and old alike. it has all the facilities necessary for a great holiday without leaving the village. Banks, small supermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants are located mainly around the main square, where people meet in the evening for a meal, a drink or just a stroll. The bar and restaurant owners are Spanish but can understand some English and all are friendly and ready to help. A great place for people watching.
Although southern Spain has the warmest winter climate in Europe it still feels cold in the winter months when the sun goes down therefore remember to bring your winter woolies during the months of November to march.
We now have a wall panel heater in both the lounge and bedroom.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A deposit of 25% payable at time of booking. Balance payable 4 weeks before arrival. Payment by bankers transfer is preferable. As we are a small business we cannot accept credit/debit cards. If you wish to pay in Euro, the advertised banking exchange rate at the time of payment will be applied.
Changeover day is flexible. Arrival 3pm and departure 11am. This can be flexible depending on other bookings.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for 2 persons inclusive of end of stay cleaning. More than 2 but no more than 3 will be calculated on request. We can offer a 10 per cent discount in winter for stays of 4 weeks or more
25% of total price is payable to secure booking. The balance is due 4 weeks before arrival along with a £100 returnable security deposit.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You will get to experience living in 'real' Spain with Spanish neighbours. The property and neighbourhood generally is tranquil, pretty and interesting. You will find yourself taking lots of photos and your Spanish neighbours will engage you in conversation if you're willing. It is a very easy property to live in and you'll soon feel very much part of the Pueblo. Unlike the brash Costa del Sol on the west of Malaga, Torrox and its surrounding area have retained the traditional of 'old' Spain. This isn't to say that it is backward in any way, just an area that has been able to retain its values.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Music Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Beautifully tiled shower room with WC, and washbasin .
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 3 (1 Bedroom) sofa bed in lounge Notes on bedrooms: There is a pretty bedroom on the first floor with double bed, fitted wardrobe, dressing table and bedside tables with lamps and ceiling fan.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Casa La Fortunada is a lovely 200 year old town house set high up in the old part of Torrox Pueblo. The house has recently been renovated and tastefully refurbished with new furniture and appliances. It is in a quiet part of the village where cars do not pass by. A very comfortable and smart little house where you can relax behind your own front door after a hard day on the beach or touring the area. We have endeavoured to provide everything you will need for a home from home feeling. Outside: The house has a beautiful roof terrace with 2 sunbeds, a table and chairs for 4 people to enjoy al fresco dining or a glass or two of wine while taking in the views of the mountains, village and most importantly, the Med. If you fancy trying out your Spanish why not take your chairs outside the front door in the evening. The Spanish people like to sit outside their houses at this time and also to stroll around the village. There will be no shortage of people to chat to. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided. Please bring own beach towels The property will be cleaned before you arrive and after you leave and this is included in the price. If you want extra cleaning services or changes of bed linen/towels then this can be negotiated Other: Hall/dining room with dining table and 4 chairs and a comfy arm chair. Ceiling fan. There are 2 steps up from the dining room to the kitchen.