Self catering holiday accommodation in Edzell, Angus, Scotland - Picturesque Location And Within Walking Distance Of The Park, River And The Beautiful Angus Glens
Edgemuir, 97 High Street, Edzell is a delightful 2 bedroom, ground floor, self catering flat. It is part of a block of 4 flats built in 1860 and is a C listed building. It has been awarded a 4 star rating from the Scottish Tourist Board. The property is ideally situated directly opposite the Panmure Arms Hotel to the front and the large village park to the side. The property is double glazed with central heating and has recently been refurbished to a high standard.
Top Traveller Review
Great property and great base to explore
Many thanks for the kind review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was ideal for you. You were perfect guests and are welcome back any time.
About the Owner
About David & Emily MacSporran
We have lived in Edzell for the last 15 years. I recently retired from the Builders Merchanting Industry and now spend my time golfing, walking, gardening, diy and being a member of the Community Council.
Emily is a retired accountant and she also enjoys the country pursuits.
We both take an active interest in the village and the surrounding countryside and glens.
David & Emily MacSporran purchased this apartment in 2013
Why David & Emily MacSporran chose Angus & Dundee
It is not often that properties come on the market for sale in Edzell. When Edgemuir, 97 High Street and the apartment above it did come onto the market at the same time we thought this was a great opportunity to invest in one of the original houses that was build around 1860.
Edgemuir was in dire need of repair and we took time and care renovating it to a high standard. The property now offers very comfortable and freindly accommodation and has been awarded Scottish Tourist Board 4 star rating.
(4 traveller reviews)
Great property and great base to explore
The flat was very comfortable and clean. It had absolutely everything we needed, even for our 2 year old who loved the Peppa Pig crockery! Emily and David's messages were very friendly and informative. Edzell was beautiful as it was autumn and our little one loved the nearby park. Very friendly locals too. We enjoyed our stay in Edzell and would recommend the flat highly.
Very conducive to relaxing
Just a short stay but we were met by Emily who showed us around her very nice apartment. Very new looking, clean and comfortable. Local area has interesting locations such as the Castle, the LindsayVault and walks along the Esk. Hovever, this last was overgrown and parts of the path on the Aberdeenshire side are seriously eroded making it difficult walking.
Everything about Edzell appeals. The people are friendly and open. There also is a very good butcher.
We hope to return in the future, family permitting.
Our thanks to David and Emily.
Allan & Marjorie.
Lovely flat, well equipped, owners have thought of everything you need, thank you
Property was lovely & clean, a joy to stay there
Lovely and clean well equipped
This is a fantastic little flat in the center of Edzell very clean with a good level of equipment highly recommended.
From the Owner
“It is not often that properties come on the market for sale in Edzell. When Edgemuir, 97 High Street and the apartment above it did come onto the market at the same time we thought this was a great opportunity to invest in one of the original houses that was build around 1860. Edgemuir was in dire need of repair and we took time and care renovating it to a high standard. The property now offers very comfortable and freindly accommodation and has been awarded Scottish Tourist Board 4 star rating.”
Activity and Interests
Nearby beaches are Lunan Bay by Montrose, Arbroath and Carnoustie. A 30-45 minute drive by car takes you there.
Edzell is ideally situated mid way between Aberdeen and Dundee. It is 10 minutes from the dual carriage way and both cities are about a 50 minute drive away. The nearest airport is in Aberdeen but Edinburgh and Glasgow are also within driving distance. Dundee has a small airport with limited destinations.
There are railway stations at Dundee, Montrose and Laurencekirk as well as a good bus service. Timetable available in the accommodation.
Walking, cycling, fishing and shooting around the Angus glens
Edzell castle is 1 mile and easy to walk to.
Brechin is 6 miles. Brechin castle, the garden centre, Pictish stones, cathedral, golf , golf course, golf football
Forfar is 20 miles. Glamis castle, Balmashannar monument, Forfar loch
There are numerous villages and towns surrounding Edzell each with its own interests and attractions.
Edzell is a past winner of the Britian in Bloom competition and prides itself in having a huge variety of amenities on hand:
- Panmure Arms Hotel for excellent and reasonably priced meals, drinks, morning coffee
- The Tuck Inn for sit down or carry out fish and chips and ice cream as well as other dishes
-The Glen Esk Hotel for a swim lunch and a refreshing drink or high tea on a Sunday
- 2 other cafes serving home-made soup and baking
- Edzell Golf Club (18 hole, 9 hole and the driving range). A round of golf followed by a well deserved meal can be booked at the club house
- Chemist, Post Office, award winning butcher, newsagent, Spar, hairdresser
- The Muir. This is Edzell’s park and comprises play area, football pitch, BMX track, barbeque facilities, toilets
- Garage with petrol/diesel
- Edzell castle
- Numerous scenic walks to suit all abilities from a gentle stroll along the riverside to the more challenging walks scattered amongst Glen Esk, Glen Lethnot, Glen Dye etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
Letting commences from 4 pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking. Hire is on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday, unless otherwise agreed at time of booking. We live nearby and will meet you at a time previously arranged.
When a booking is made more than 6 weeks before the tenancy is due to commence, a deposi
Changeover day letting commences from 4 pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10 am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking. Hire is on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday unless otherwise agreed at time of booking
Notes on prices:
See price list
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- The modern bathroom has a low level bath with a shower and glass screen. The vanity unit provides ample surface top and cupboard storage for those bathroom essentials. The shower works off the combi gas boiler so there is always hot water on tap.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has 2 x full size single beds that can be zip/linked to form a super king size bed, fitted wardrobes and bed side cabinets. Bedroom 2 has a standard double bed, fitted wardrobe, dressing table and a bed side cabinet. Both have Egyptian cotton bedding.
- Golf ...
- Outside: To the front of the property there is a small patio area with pots and a sun seat. This is a sunny spot in the mornings and a nice place to sit with a cup of coffee and watch the world go by. To the rear there is a decent sized lockable shed with a shelf and some coat hooks. This is a handy place for outdoor clothes, kids toys, fishing and golfing equipment and wellies. There is also a whirly and a washing line. In the shed there is a laundry basket, pegs and a drying screen. This is a sun trap in the afternoon and evening. Sun seats can be made available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels, tea towels and all bed linen is included. Duvets/pillows are man-made to minimise any allergy issues. Duvet covers, sheets and pillow cases are Egyptian cotton. There are ample towels. Other: Unlimited broadband. The hall has coat hooks and mats for boots and shoes.