Houses in Louisburgh, Co. Mayo - Excellent Location At Kilsallagh Overlooking Clew Bay
A spacious architect designed cottage with spectacular mountain and sea views. Landscaped gardens and sunny contemporary interior. Fully equipped, and furnished to the highest standards, including underfloor electric heating, fully-fitted kitchen, video and satellite TV (Sky Premium optional). The house is on the wild atlantic way , ideal for cycling and walking .
The house is situated close to the Wild Atlantic way and activities include surfing , mountain hikes , horse riding ,swimming and building sand castles. Each of the three bedrooms are spacious. and there is a seperate bathroom and a separate shower room .
Includes free broadband internet access
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
great for activities
Within walking distance to Old Head (Blue Flag) beach, and a short (5 minute) drive to good quality shops, pubs and restaurants. 9 miles from Westport, one of Irelands most attractive small towns, and 3 miles from Louisburgh. There is also a number of sandy beaches nearby and also a beach famous to surfers at Carownisky.
Airport: Knock 85km;
Ferry Port: Dublin 295km;
Train Station: Westport 15km;
Cheap flights are available with Ryanair to Dublin daily.
CROAGH PATRICK: Irelands holy mountain has been a sacred place for almost 5,000 years. The most popular ascent is from Murrisk, but an alternative route from Kilsallagh is worth exploring, but only for the fit, experienced, and well equipped walker.
OLD HEAD BEACH: Old head beach is close by and is a blue flag beach. A lifeguard is on duty during the smmer season. There is also a number of sandy beaches nearby and also a beach famous to surfers at Carownisky.
SHORE ANGLING: There is excellent shore angling all around Clew Bay and enthusiasts will find opportunity in the immediate vicinity of Kilsallagh, including: Old Head Pier, Lecanvey Pier, Bearta Strand, Roonagh Quay.
DELPHI CENTRE, LEENANE: A nationally renowned activity centre, catering for adults and children, and offering an excellent range of activities, including – canoeing, sailing, surfing, surf-skiing, wind-surfing, abseiling, archery, cycling, hill walking, mountaineering, biking, orienteering, climbing, and tennis.
KNAPPAGEG STABLES, WESTPORT: A family run riding school with a large selection of horses and ponies to suit all ages and abilities.
ATLANTIC ADVENTURE CENTRE, LECANVEY: An excellent activity centre, local to your holiday cottage, which offers an exhaustive range of activities, including – canoeing, sea-kayaking, sailing, surfing, canoeing, paddle-boating, wind-surfing, abseiling, archery, fishing and climbing. The centre caters for adults and children, and offers a selection of options, including half-day, day, weekend, mid-week and summer camps.
MUSEUM OF COUNTRY LIFE: The stunning new museum at Turlough, near Castlebar, is an essential visit. Housing the national folk life collection in a magnificent new building, the museum also incorporates the restored Turlough House and gardens, and there is a very good café / restaurant and shop.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£84|
A booking form must be completed. We usually ask for 25% of the total as a deposit, with the remaining balance paid one month before arrival. Payment is by bank transfer or cheque.
During peak season, the changeover day is usually a Saturday.
Notes on prices:
Nightly rates available at €150 per night (min 3 night stay).
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Suitability: great for children of all ages; pets are considered, subject to charge on application; Entertainment: TV (Satellite - Sky Premium extra); No smoking at this property. This award-winning architect designed house has featured in numerous design magazines and TV features. It combines the best of contemporary design with a regard for the traditional vernacular of the West of Ireland. It is the perfect location for a holiday or short break, whether action-packed and outdoors or feet-in-front-of-the fire indoors. Outside: Landscaped gardens, with outdoor furniture and barbecue. Utility Room: washing machine , iron , ironing board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: towels and bed linen included Other: It is fitted with underfloor heating. The house is fitted out to a very high standard and has a 4 star rating by the Irish tourist board.