Villa in Kalamar Bay, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Peaceful Location, 300m To The Beach & Club, 20 Minutes Walk To Town
This beautiful 6 bedroomed villa has views across the sea and mountains. The luxurious accommodation is split on 3 levels, with a well equipped open plan kitchen, wonderfully decadent large master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite facilities. Villa Yaz comfortably accommodates 12 adults or is adaptable for families. The interior is spacious, cool and designed to meet your every need. Each of the bedrooms has its own character but are all united by an attention to detail, fine materials and opulent comfort. The richly marbled bathrooms create a sense of discreet luxury. You may not want to leave the villa! But if you do, you will find plenty to see and do. There is a beach club just 300 mtrs away offering access to the sea and the unspoilt village of Kalkan, with a variety of restaurants and interesting shops, is approximately a 20 minute stroll, wth a 5 minute taxi ride back to the villa after an evening out if you don’t feel like the walk. Villa Yaz is ideal for a relaxing break.
About the Owner
I am Turkish but live in London. We know the area in Kalakan very well and have many friends and contacts there, whom we rely on to help us make your holidays stress free. We build an apartment and villa complex several years ago and now have friends and family who rent yearly.
From the Owner
“Stunning building, views, bedrooms, location...”
Activity and Interests
Kalkan (approx 20 min stroll) is a pretty village on the edge of the Toros Mountains with whitewashed houses and steep cobbled streets. Shopping is a delight and there are a myraid of wonderful restaurants offering a wide variety of dishes. Places to visit within easy reach by car - Lycian Way, Saklikent Gorge, Kekova sunken city, Tlos, Xanthos, Letoon, Pinara the magnificent beach of Patara with a sparkling length of pale golden sand that stretches for 18km!
Dalaman is the nearest airport, now open all year round is approx 1.5 hours drive. Dalaman has direct flights from many airports in the UK. Antalya airport is a 2.5 - 3 hour drive. Transfers by private taxi or minibus and car hire from Kalkan, can be arranged with prior notice. Car hire can be organised if required which includes a driver meeting you at the airport, driving you to the villa and arranging delivery of your hire car.
Kalamar Bay is ideal for people looking for peace and tranquillity. There are a few hotels in Kalamar Bay itself, they welcome guests if you fancy a cool beer. Villa Yaz is 300 mtrs from Kalamar Beach Club and Kalube Beach Club – soak up the sun, eat in the small, friendly restaurants or take part in the many water sports offered. (as well as at the Villa, you can also get free wireless internet connection there). Kalkan is 5 minutes in a car or 15 - 20 minutes walk.
A hire car is not essential, but there are no shops in Kalamar. You can make free local calls from the phone in Villa Yaz for a taxi or a take-away. Taxis will come promptly from Kalkan and most of the supermarkets offer a home delivery service.
There are plenty of cash points in Kalkan - nearest bank is in Kalkan, 5 mins by car.
There’s plenty to see and do in Kalkan – if you can tear yourself away from the comforts of Villa Yaz for a few hours (not an easy task!)
If you fancy venturing further afield, you can visit some places of outstanding natural beauty and historical interest. These include Kaputus Beach, Lycian Way, Saklikent Gorge, Kekova sunken city, Tlos, Xanthos, Letoon, Pinara and, to the west, the magnificent Patara beach with its sparkling golden sand that seems to stretch on forever. Take a drive up into the mountains and explore the lush, unspoilt scenery. Wander past lakes and streams, and stop for a feast of fresh trout in the peaceful surroundings. You’ll realise that you’re in a world untouched by mass tourism, dotted with beautiful villages where the warm traditions and hospitable customs of the past are still maintained.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking. Balance due 8 weeks prior to your arrival. A damage deposit of £400 is required with your final balance - this will be returned in to you in full within 2 weeks of your return home, provided there are no major breakages/damages to the villa or its contents (other than normal wear and tear). All damage and breakages must be paid for in full. The pool can be heated outside of summer, at a charge of £150 per week.
Changeover days are usually a Saturday or Sunday, but we are happy to consider other days if we have the availability especially if its not peak season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Amazing views from all levels, great open plan and spaces”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom with large walk in shower, WC sink. En-suite to bedroom 2 with shower, WC and sink. En-suite bedroom 3 with shower, WC, sink. Top floor bathroom with shower over bath, WC, sink. Ground floor shower room with shower, WC, sink.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 Ground floor - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 1st floor - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 1st Floor - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 Master Bedroom 1st floor - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 2nd floor - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 6 2nd floor - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom, super king size bed, dressing room, balconies. Bedroom 2, super king size bed, balcony. Bedroom 3, super king size bed, balcony. Bedroom 4, king size bed, balcony. Bedroom 5, 2 single beds, balcony. Bedroom 6, king size bed.
- Notes on accommodation: Imagine yourself here. The only decision you have to make at Villa Yaz is how to enjoy yourself next. Will you lounge on a sun bed on the spacious terrace by the infinity pool, take a dip in the salt water pool (can be heated out of season), relax in the bubbling jacuzzi, sit in the shade of the tiled pergolas and lose yourself in a novel or simply gaze out across the bay? For your comfort, all bedrooms are fitted with air-conditioning which can also be used for heating. The ground floor is cooled adequately by two large ceiling fans and plenty of doors that open onto the terrace. A welcome pack of basic provisions is provided. Please note: Smoking is not permitted in the house, on the balconies or on the terraces. This truly is a fabulous opportunity to de-stress and enjoy the peace that only Kalkan can offer. The villa interior was designed by the owner's daughter and is truly special. The owner welcomes feedback and is happy to improve year upon year. Outside: The spacious outside terrace and beautifully stocked colourful gardens have plenty of sun if required (2 sun umbrellas provided) and shade provided by the tiled pergolas for alfresco dining. An array of locally sourced fresh food can be served from the large stone built BBQ and flavoured with herbs and citrus fruits picked freshly from the garden. Or you can just 'chill out' on the comfortable outdoor wrought iron sofa and chairs, bean bags, and sunbeds dotted around the beautiful walled garden. The infinity salt water pool (10m x 5m) with underwater lighting, (1.5m shallow & 2m deep) and jacuzzi have stunning sea and mountain views. The shaded eating area with table and chairs to seat 12 are ideal for long, lazy meals. The terraces and balconies have plenty of lighting and provide a romantic ambiance during the balmy evenings. The villa has a parking space at the front. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, changed once a week, when villa is cleaned throughout. Pool and sun terraces, maintained daily. Refuse collected daily. Fresh bread can be delivered each morning at guest request and cost. Sun towels also provided. Other: Spacious, secluded roof terrace with traditional Turkish seating area - stunning views over Snake & Mouse Island & Kalamar Bay. All bedrooms have plenty of wardrobe space and full length mirrors. Wireless Internet connection and phone for free local calls