Cottage in Birtsmorton, Malvern, Worcestershire, England - Very Peaceful, Quiet Location, Quarter/ Mile From A Small Road-it is set in a 25 acre field
It's set on working farm in picturesque countryside close to Malvern hills. Adjoining its Georgian-style farmhouse is a charming self-contained holiday home with its own private entrance, ramp access.
All rooms are on 1 level, making it ideal for disabled, infirm or elderly visitors and wheelchair users.
2 & 5 hour horse rides from the farm can be done on your own or with a hired guide.
A perfect stepping off point for other varied off road riding areas eg Bredon Hill, Forest of Dean, Malvern Hills, the Cotswolds, May Hill.
Bed & Breakfast is done per night in the 1 bedroom for £80/double, £60/single, and the extra sofa bed in the living area is £45/person/night. Why stay in a cramped hotel room when you can enjoy this whole cottage instead?.
The cottage is south facing so catches all the sunshine.
It is maintained to a high standard with bright and airy rooms.
Within 300 yards are National Footpaths going in many directions.
It is an exceptionally quiet, beautiful, secluded rural location.
It is an idyllic retreat for couples &families to get away from the bustle &hustle of everyday life.
You can spend some relaxing, quality time together as well as exploring further afield the locality.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Linhay is a small mixed farm of 120 acres specialising in the rearing of sheep.
A concern with nature conservation, has brought it a ‘High Level Stewardship’ award which, among other things, helps to protect ground-nesting birds such as Lapwing and Plover.
Mike Barnes has been in farming and its associated activities all his life;
his wife Jenny, a qualified physiotherapist, is also an expert equestrian.
They welcome you to their home and hope to ensure that your stay is a very pleasant one.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I would like to say thank you for your hospitality during our stay at your cottage. You and your husband were very helpful. We had a very comfortable stay and would like to come back and stay at your place during THREE COUNTIES SHOW".
Mr AH Butt. May 2013
“…The facilities are faultless and the proprietors could not have been more helpful…”
“…It is a beautiful property in a beautiful location…”
“…We spent New Year's Eve there and it was the most perfect time…”
“…They even made a courtesy call while travelling to the property to make sure we found the place OK…”
“…The best NYE I have ever had…”
“…The whole place was lovely & inviting & we were sorry that we could only stay for the 1 nightwe were attending a wedding at Birtsmorton Court which is about a mile away & the owner of Linhay kindly chauffeured us for a small extra charge There were only the 2 of us staying it would be ideal for a couple with children although the only bathroom is en sui
4.6 based on 18 holidaymaker reviews
great location, peaceful
We met friends here as it is half way between us and we wanted somewhere to catch up, chat and somewhere with a good location for walking. We had a great meal at the close by Farmers Arms pub and we even got to see newborn lambs on the farm. The owners are very attentive, friendly and helpful.
Ideally located for walking or exploring the wider area. Facilities were first class with a surprisingly well stocked fridge as we arrived! Highly recommended for anyone visiting the area and we will certainly visit again.
Lovely, would definitely stay again!
Lovely, cozy spacious cottage. Amazing views, peace and quiet.
Beautiful countryside gettaway
Everything about Linhay farm is excellent. The value for money, cleanliness, location, service. owners. We stayed this year for 2 nights to get away from the city life with our 10 year old daughter and our Dalmation puppy, we were greated on arrival by the most warm welcome from mr and mrs Barnes. My daughter enjoyed the owners horses and the dog could run free in acres of fields without a care in the world. The local pub was also amazing and lovely people. We enjoyed walking, horse riding, local ale and visiting local traditional towns. We will be visitiing again next year. Very highly recommended!
We needed a change from the busy city sightseeing and found just that. Linhay is located out in the pastures with lots of woods and sheep around. The "cottage" is beautiful - spotlessly clean and most comfortable. The kitchen is well stocked with all the ingredients for a healthy breakfast. Lots of windows making the space light and airy. Our hosts, Jenny and Mike, were kind and helpful. The location is not far from interesting towns to explore if one wanted to do that. We would definitely go back!
Peace and quiet in lovely surroundings.
spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Very spacious living area in a somewhat 'behind the times' décor. Could have done with some heat in the evening and early morning. All hard flooring with rugs. A better stocked and presented buffet breakfast would be well advised. First class host Michael and an interesting person to talk to. Thank you for making us welcome with our little grand daughter. Charming, quiet and peaceful farm in lovely surroundings. Thank you.
From the Owner
“We wanted to be surrounded by our own fields and away from the hub of cities. We found this block of land. We put in a road way and built everything here in time. We thought other people would like to enjoy our lovely spot and get away from the rush of life and unwind. There are many towns, cities and places of interest close by so it is never boring here yet you can come back to peace and quiet. Being near the M5 & M50 gives quick and easy access to to other areas.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We offer horse accommodation for up to 4 horses. We are a excellent stepping off place to many varied and interesting off road riding areas eg. the Cotwolds, Bredon Hill, Forest of Dean, May Hill.
We are very close to the Malvern Hills where there many days of riding. Straight out from the farm onto Longdon marsh are several rides.you can explore by yourself any of these areas or we can provide a guide.
We offer respite and supported holidays which can give you a relaxing break or your career some time off. Physiotherapy is available on site from the owner by arrangement.
Eastnor Castle 13 minutes has 4WD experience days.
International Centre for Birds of Prey at Newent do falconary whole and half day bird handling experiences and courses 30 minutes (13 miles).
A car is essential.
The closest airports are: Birmingham 51 miles, Covenrty 54 miles, Bristol 63 miles, Cardiff 79 miles.
M5 junction 7(Worcester south) 20miles.
M5 junction 9(Tewkesbury) 8 miles.
M50 junction 1 (Malvern) 9 miles.
M50 junction 2 (Ledbury/Gloucester) 5 miles
3 minutes to wedding venues at Birtsmorton Court and 13 mins to Eastnor Castle.
‘The Farmers’ Arms’ is 1 1/2 miles- its a traditional pub with local ales and good food.
The Duke of York’ is 2 miles away,it has a restaurant/pub serving excellent food but it’s advisable to book first for a meal.Slightly further afield are many other pubs and ‘gastro-pubs’ awaiting discovery.Village shops in Pendock (10 mins) and Welland (15 mins).
The Malvern Hills are 8 mins for walkers,bikers& horse riders.
7 miles away are 3 interesting small towns. Ledbury, famed for its annual poetry festival. Medieval Tewkesbury with its Abbey and confluence of the Avon and Severn rivers and markets on wed&sat. Upton-on-Severn with many events, notably its jazz, folk, and blues festivals.
The town of Great Malvern is 10 miles- it has good shopping facilities with a large Waitrose store, a theater which attracts many touring productions, a swimming pool, magnificent Priory and the Morgan Cars with factory tours or hire a car for a day!! The quality of Malvern Water is world famous and springs abound with St Anne’s Well being one of the better known. The Cathedral cities of Worcester, Hereford and Gloucester are all within easy reach.
The famous Malvern Hills are nearby and offer miles of walking with spectacular views over Worcestershire and Herefordshire. The ‘British Camp’ iron-age fort and the Worcestershire Beacon are particularly interesting places to find on these hills.5 miles away is Eastnor Castle which has a deer park, many events throughout the year and also offers the ‘Land Rover Experience’.Welland (5miles) has a large and impressive annual Steam Rally, attracting enthusiasts from all over the country.
The Three Counties Showground is 7 miles and hosts numerous events during the year; its ‘Royal Three Counties’ and seasonal ‘Garden’ shows are some of the biggest and best in the country.Autumn Show,dog shows,stitch,craft&quilt show
Regency Cheltenham is a short drive, best-known for the regular meetings at its racecourse(Gold Cup in Festival week) and the productions at its theaters.
Ross-on-Wye is 18 miles away-it’s attractions include many festivals, book shops and the nearby Falconry Centre and Three Choirs Vineyard at Newent.
We make a good base to take in the annual Three Choirs Festival! Stratford on Avon 35 miles.
Pretty Cotswold villages like Broadway, Stow-on-the-Wold, Boughton-on-the-Water and the Slaughters are in close range.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
9 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
£50 deposit is required /stay by cheque payable to:JFBarnes or bank transfer(please ask for details).
Your booking is provisional until we have received your deposit & we have confirmed it back to you.
We hold the deposit for 3 days after departure and return it if all is in order.
Full payment is required on arrival by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
We can offer a discount for extended stays.
Well behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement, please ask.
Is normally friday but we are flexible.
Please arrive between 4-6pm or others times by arrangement and depart 10am or later if agreed.We are flexible with times for weddings and other occasions so do ask.
Dogs are free but check with owners beforehand
Notes on prices:
Friday to Monday(3 nights) or Monday to Thursday(4 nights) breaks possible. Reductions for late booking will be taken.Please ask for other lengths of stay available.Also Bed&Breakfast.
Horse livery includes paddock and access to the barn. You will have to bring your own buckets, hay and feed.£5/night/horse.
Prices are based for 2 people staying.
Its £10/night/person for extra guests up to 3 extra when self catering for a minimum of 2 nights.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“On a clear night there is no light pollution here so the stars are visible. A wealth of wild life can be seen here which includes pheasants, hares, rabbits, foxes, badgers, owls, bats, many small birds, duzzards,and the heron”
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- A large en-suite shower/wet-room has ample space for a wheelchair to turn in. The floor has special non slip tiles with under floor heating. There is a heated towel rail. A raised toilet seat can be provided.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2+2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The 1 bedroom has either a super king size bed or 2 single beds and the low window gives a view across fields while lying in bed! A double sofa bed in the living area sleeps 2 extra guests and has its own private dressing room & clothes storage.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We offer respite and supported holidays Professional carers to assist with bathing, dressing and feeding can be provided to give your carer a break. Ask for more information. Physiotherapy on site ( contact for details ). Special facilities for disabled guests: Roll-in wet room. Lowered windowsill and plate glass patio doors enable you to enjoy the views even if you cannot get outside onto the level patio. Ramp access. The flooring is tiled and wooden through out making mobility easier. Optional additional equipment all at no charge: folding wheelchair assisted shower chair 'bucket'type raised toilet seat with arms easy raiser bed table bed raisers commode trolley outdoor rollator Waterproof hypoallergic duvet £10/week Single pressure relief mattress Saturn dyna-form £10/week. We can arrange a baby sitter with 1 days notice at £10/hour. Please be aware we do not have a cot for infants so you will need to bring your own. Outside: There are 12 herbs in the garden which you are welcome to use for cooking or in salads. Access to shared garden. Stunning views over the farm fields to the Malverns. A wealth of wild life can be seen including pheasants, partridge, woodpeckers, barn and other owls, buzzards, sparrow hawks, swallows & house martins, lapwings, mistle thrushes, foxes, hares, rabbits, butterflies & moths. It is the perfect location for country-lovers, nature enthusiasts, bird watchers and walkers. A network of paths radiate out in all directions through beautiful unspoilt countryside and across Longdon Marsh which inspired Elgar. The sky on a clear night is amazing as there is no light-pollution! Free ample parking for cars and horseboxes(no reservation needed). Utility Room: Lockable bike or other equipment storage. Wheelchair storage & charging facilities. Note owners W/M & D/F are available for use. Houses the recycling bin! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: bed linen & towels included Other: There is a small private dressing alcove for the sofa bed guests to use for changing and clothing storage-It has its own wardrobe, mirror and chest of drawers. Good mobile reception. On a clear night if the sky is visible as there is no light pollution.