Cottage in South Mayenne, Pays de la Loire, France - Peaceful Location On The Edge Of Hamlet With Leisure Lake A Few Minutes Drive Away
The cottage sits on the edge of a small hamlet with the town of Pouance a few minutes drive away providing daily shopping needs, cafe and restaurants. There is a medieval Chateau overlooking a glorious lake. It is a 15 minute drive to Chateaubriant where there is a weekly market and a good selection of shops and restaurants, indoor swimming pool and also a stunning Chateau. This area of the Mayenne is the horse racing region of France, there are many race tracks within a few miles, holding meetings for flat racing, hurdles and trots. There are many family activities in the area, boating, cycling, fishing and adventure opportunities, including the lake at Pouance where there is a beach and designated swimming, boating and fishing facilities. There is a cycle/walking path around the lake with lovely views of the countryside. Just a 40 minute drive takes you into the heart of the Loire Valley with many stunning Chateaux and vineyards to visit and taste the wine. The cities of Nante and Rennes are a car drive away and provided many cultural experiences and are well worth a visit.
Top Traveller Review
Outstanding accomodation,perfect location
About the Owner
My wife and I live in England with our ever increasing family, including 8 grandchildren. My wife is retired and I work part time but we spend as much time in France as work allows. We love our home in the Mayenne, it is a taste of the real France, quite roads, wonderful local markets and a variety of restaurants.
We now also have a stone townhouse in a beautiful village setting in the north of Mayenne, within the Normandie National Park. This is now for rental.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a lovely holiday staying at La Promenade in St Erblon, which is a charming house set in gently rolling farming country. Everything was beautifully clean and welcoming. The living room is large, comfortable and light, with an log burner fireplace. The kitchen is also a good size and very well-equipped, as are the two bedrooms and bathroom. There are garden table and chairs and laden plum and cherry trees at harvest time! We enjoyed exploring the area, walking round nearby lakes and visiting the very pretty town of Chateaubriant, a short drive away. Nearby restaurants were also very good and great value. We enjoyed ourselves so much we are looking forward to making a return visit and would highly recommend this holiday house. Julia and Paul Burns
2 holidaymaker reviews
Outstanding accomodation,perfect location
We have just returned from a 2 week stay at La Promenade and can't wait for our next stay.The cottage is lovely and clean with everything within a 5 minute drive,supermarket,fuel,vets all easily located.The garden is superb and fully enclosed for kids or pets.This was our first stay in france and we made it from calais in less than 6 hours on roads that are amazing.We will be returning next year without fail.If you are taking pets the local vets are really helpfull on completing your pet passport and is next to the supermarket.A superb place to stay in france,can't wait to go back.
La Promonade, St Erblon
We have just returned from a weeks stay at la promonade, we thought the cottage very comfortable and warm. The garden was ideal for our dog as it was securely fenced and safe. Although you need a car there are plenty of shops and restaurants close at hand, we especially liked Chateaubriand with its large Wednesday market.
From the Owner
“We love this region of France, it is close to the Loire valley and those wonderful chateaux but far enough away to be peaceful with lovely walks and a large leisure lake for swimming, boating and fishing, just a couple of minutes by car from the house. Travel access is good and varied, you can drive from the ports of Calais, Caen and St Malo and you can now fly all year round into Dinard airport near St Malo.”
Activity and Interests
There is a leisure beach a few minutes drive from the cottage providing swimming with life guards on duty, boating and fishing.
The coast is approximately 1.5 hours drive at St Nazaire.
The nearest airport is Rennes which is approximately 50 minutes from the house.
St Malo port is approximately 1.5 hours.
Caen port is approximately 3 hours.
Calais is a drive of approximately 6.5 hours.
Use of car or car hire is recommended.
Nearest village Pouance is 2 miles.
Cheateaubriant is 8 miles.
Lavel is 40 minutes drive.
Angers in Loire valley is 40 minutes drive.
City of Nante 75 minutes drive.
Nearest supermarket is in Pouance a few minutes drive.
Pouance also has a bank, doctors surgery and dentist.
There is an excellent restaurant in Congrier which is 5 minute drive.
Several horse racing stadiums are nearby, a real family day out with plenty of food and amusements for the children.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
For booking and availability contact Jean and Trevor Treharne or on mobile or e-mail.
Reservation Deposit to be paid within 5 days of booking. Full amount plus security deposit to be paid 6 weeks before departure.
Change over day will be Saturday. Check in time is after 3:00pm and check out time is 10:00am.
£50.00 deposit due within 5 days of booking confirmation. Full amount plus £100 security bond due 6 weeks prior to arrival at property.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is detached with an enclosed garden, safe for dogs and children. It is surrounded by fields with great views over the countryside just on the outskirts of a small hamlet but within a 5 minute car ride from shops, restaurants and supermarket. It also has access to main roads north to Rennes and south to Angers.”
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- 120 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Family bathroom with bath/shower over and sink plus separate toilet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) plus luxury sofa bed Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds, plus double sofa bed in living room.
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation The cottage has a well equipped kitchen, a light airy sitting room with front aspect views, bedroom 1 has a double bed, wardrobe and dressing table, bedroom 2 has twin single beds with wardrobe, dressing table, with TV, DVD and video facility. The bathroom has a full bath with shower attachment over. The toilet is separate. There is a utility room with washing machine and tumble drier, ironing board and iron, laundry basket with pegs, storage for wine and water and BBQ store. The boiler room has hot water/central heating boiler, shoe and coat store with all cleaning equipment and first aid kit. Outside: The garden is fully enclosed with wire fencing with panoramic views of the countryside making it suitable for children and pets. It is laid to lawn with a large cherry tree, plum tree and a traditional French plain tree. There is a patio with a new BBQ and garden furniture, i.e. table chairs and cushions. The garden shed houses 2 adult bicycles and various bats, balls and garden toys. There is a badminton net in the garden and bats and shuttlecocks available. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, BBQ store, store for wine and water, ironing board and iron, laundry basket and pegs for hanging washing out. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included Property cleaned for each letting. Other: Boiler room where tools and first aid kit, light bulbs are stored. Cleaning equipment, hoover, brooms, floor mops. Garden shed with 2 adult bicycles, covers for garden chairs. bats and balls and various toys.