Cottage in Newtown, Nr. Carlisle, Cumbria, England - Rural Location Just 1 Mile From The Beach With Excellent Walking Access
Holmlea is situated in a small hamlet of Newtown. The cottage is dated 1769 and still has some of its original features. Just a mile from the beach a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is ideal for coastal walking, windsurfing cycling and Silloth Golf Club which is about 4 miles away. Holmlea has extensive views towards Skiddaw fell, which makes this cottage an ideal base to tour the Lake District.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live on a farm and have lived in Newtown for just over 25 years, we have two sons aged 24 and 21 and wouldn't want to live any where else. My husband Kevin works the farm and I myself work in a nearby town.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have been coming here for the last 6 years and its home from home.
great cottage lovely views hope to see you again.
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“We bought the cottage 13 years ago it was an opportunity not to be missed as it a joins our farm next door. We totally renovated the property and decided it would be ideal for holiday makers to enjoy the quiet and unspoilt countryside.”
Activity and Interests
The beach is 1 mile away
4 miles away from the town of Silloth.
1/2 mile from a tearoom and children's farm park.
Shops 4 miles
Cockermouth 15 miles
Keswick 25 miles
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 10 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
21 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
When booking £100 non refundable deposit is taken and full payment must be made 6 weeks prior to your holiday.
Upon arrival a £50 security deposit is also required and is returned a week later.
Arrival 3pm and leaving 10am
Change over day is Saturday, arrival 3pm onwards and leaving time is 10am
Notes on prices:
We also offer short breaks at a reduced price.
Our 2 night stays are Friday -Sunday.
£100 DEPOSIT ON BOOKING WHICH IS NON RETURNABLE IF HOLIDAY MAKER CANCELS. THEN THE REMAINDER 6 WEEKS BEFORE ARRIVAL DATE.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Holmlea offers easy walking access, quiet country roads, and within easy reach of the Lake District.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to down stairs bedroom includes shower, toilet and basin. upstairs bathroom includes bath with shower attachment toilet and basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is downstairs with a double bed and an en-suite shower and toilet. bedroom 2 is upstairs with double bed. bedroom 3 is a single bed. bedroom 4 is also a single bed. all bedding is provided.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is fully oil central heated, with a woodburner in the living room. 1 well behaved dog is welcome. Outside: Holmlea has a enclosed front lawned garden with flower pots and an ornamental sharping stone, seating area and parking for 2 cars. the rear of the property also is a enclosed lawned area with a garden seat. there is a out building which has a lock suitable for any storage, where there is a tumble dryer if needed. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedding is provided except cot bedding if needed. towels can be hired at £2 per person which includes a hand towel and bath towel each. Bin service is weekly and we put the bins out the night before they are due. Other: Dining room with French windows with views looking out towards the fells.