Chalet in Les Gets, Haute Savoie, Rhone-Alpes, France - Natural Stone And Wood In A Quiet Setting, 400m Walk To Gondola Lift
Chalet Tintin is a luxury, self-service chalet with natural stone and wood finishes that is located within easy walking distance to the lifts and town centre shopping and restaurants. The new-for-2013 granite topped kitchen is fully equipped for dining in. A cosy living area has a stone fireplace and walks out to a large balcony that provides views up and down the valley and outdoor living in summer. Suits one or two families with up to 8-10 adults, sleeping up to 11 in total.
About the Owner
About Glen Mason
We live and work in Geneva with our two young girls. We have skied and snowboarded in Les Gets for the past six seasons, and spend our summers cycling the roads and trails of the Portes du Soleil area.
Glen Mason purchased this chalet in 2012
Why Glen Mason chose Portes du Soleil area
Chalet Tintin is a wonderful chalet located in a family friendly all-year resort in Les Gets.
The chalet is less than one hour's drive from the International Airport in Geneva, and is served door-to-door by the shuttle companies.
What makes this chalet unique
Chalet Tintin is exceptionally well-located within comfortable walking distance to the ski-lifts and the town centre.As the chalet is located in the valley at the same level as town, guests do not need to walk, ride or drive up the steep, icy roads that serve many chalets.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“Chalet Tintin is a wonderful chalet located in a family friendly all-year resort in Les Gets. The chalet is less than one hour's drive from the International Airport in Geneva, and is served door-to-door by the shuttle companies.”
Activity and Interests
Les Gets is less than 1 hour drive from Geneva Airport - Swiss and Easyjet, among others, offer multiple flights daily to the UK and Europe.
A short walk into Les Gets village. Five minutes from Morzine. One hour from Geneva.
In the village, the Carrefour Montagne supermarket offers a good selection of essentials and there is a new full size Carrefour supermarket 10 min drive away in St Jean d'Aulps. The village has many boutiques offering local gourmet food and wine.
Chalet Tintin is supremely located for road and mountain biking. Les Gets transforms into a lift served mountain biking resort in the summer months with road and mtb rental, sales and service.
Professional road cycling teams use the haute savoie for early season training and preparation for the Tour de France.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Mar 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£431|
Up to 8 weeks before your stay, payment of a 25% deposit is required to confirm the booking. 8 weeks prior to your stay the booking must be paid in full by bank transfer. See website for booking form. Bank transfer details will be provided on application.
Changeover day is Saturday. Check in after 4pm on arrival; check out at 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Pricing includes towels and linen, cleaning after stay, tax, firewood and internet.
Payment by direct bank transfer. Account information will be provided.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Chalet Tintin is exceptionally well-located within comfortable walking distance to the ski-lifts and the town centre.As the chalet is located in the valley at the same level as town, guests do not need to walk, ride or drive up the steep, icy roads that serve many chalets.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Four bathrooms and powder - Bedroom 1 has a bath/shower ensuite, Bedroom 2 has a shower ensuite, Bedroom 5 has a 3/4 bath ensuite with hand shower. Bedrooms 3 & 4 share a common 3/4 bath room with hand shower. There is a powder-room at the main entrance.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10+1 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Five Bedrooms - Four of the five bedrooms have twin beds which can be put together as a double. Bedroom 4 has bunk beds and a pull out bed and is more suitable for the kids/teens.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: All bedrooms directly access the outdoor balconies. The main level balcony features a patio set for summer outdoor dining. Utility Room: Upon entering the chalet, you can access the drying room and sauna. There is a toilet and internal access to the one car garage for storing your skis/boards/bikes. The garage contains the firewood, washing machine, dryer and an extra fridge/freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linen are provided for your stay.