House inClarbeston Rd, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
Penty Parc is a stunning Grade 2 listed large holiday house dating back to the 18th Century.The house retains many original features, elegant rooms with high ceilings,ornate cornicing and panelled walls all decorated in a chic contemporary style. Surrounded by beautiful lawned gardens for relaxing, it's the ideal base for walking holidays and to discover all that Pembrokeshire has to offer. The historic Preseli Hills are almost on our doorstep and just a short distance away are both the Pembrokeshire National Park with its stunning coastal path and Narberth, a vibrant market town offering luxury boutiques ,galleries cafes and restaurants. Other local attractions include Picton Castle and Gardens, Scolton Manor, Folly Farm, Oakwood Theme Park and Bluestone with its indoor blue lagoon water park. Locally there are great Mountain Biking trails at LLys y Fran Reservoir and Canaston Woods and many opportunities for Fishing,Golf,Surfing,Sailing, Kayaking,Horse Riding and Coaststeering.
About the Owner
We bought Penty Parc in 1999 and spent the next few years completely renovating it .We were looking for a project and Penty Parc was definitely it! Now complete, it is a lovely stylish and spacious house but with many architectural features retained and is the perfect place for family holidays or special celebratory parties. We love having guests to stay and, although Mike travels a lot through work, Chrissie(and Eze the dog) is on site to ensure your stay is everything you would want. We very much want you to feel at home and enjoy staying here as much as we do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What our guests say
great weekend and company-fantastic house and surroundings out of this world-everything was superb-the Morton party (Feb 2010)
A right royal week-end with splendid weather-venue made this week absolutely wonderful. Excellent hosts, superb company, wonderful food, awesome scenery-i could go on…thoroughly rested-Alan and Della Pascoe (April 2010)
Absolutely wonderful! I couldn’t have had a more special place to celebrate my birthday. Thank you so much for your kindness-Louise (May 2010)
Reunions will never be the same -we hope that you and the floor survived the dancing . We leave relaxed and full of good food-and drink promising to return-Eric and Geraldine Falkirer (May 2011)
A fantasic weekend-amazing wedding and such a super venue-thank you from all of us -Kara and Bo (Dec 2011)
Thank you for having us to stay again-love it-the Ridgeon family (feb 2013)
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the house and its peaceful situation. The Pembrokeshire Coast National Park with it`s stunning beaches fantastic for walking, surfing or just enjoying the great outdoors is a short drive away and the area is a feast for foodies with and an abundance of restaurants, cafes and farmers markets offering wonderful local produce for sale. The house is situated in the lovely Pembrokeshire countryside yet is very central so we find a 20-30min drive in any direction will allow you to explore many of the County`s great attractions. Even in the height of summer Pembrokeshire has all the beauty of Devon and Cornwall but without the crowds!”
Activity and Interests
By Road and Rail
London -4 hours
Cardiff -1 hour 30 mins
It is possible to get the train all the way to Clarbeston Rd from London but will involve at least 2 changes .
Haverfordwest airport - 5 miles-corporate and smaller charter capable.
Private Dining –Penty Parc is an outstanding venue for celebrations – a stunning formal dining space,lovely gardens, great food , fine wines and a warm welcome provide the perfect ingredients for that special party.
Please contact us direct and we will be happy to discuss your special occasion and help design a package to suit.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Christmas and New Year Weeks
23 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
We request a 20% deposit with the balance payable by cheque or bank transfer not less than 8 weeks prior to start date. The deposit is non refundable and so to the final payment if cancellation is within 8 weeks or we can re-let
If you have to cancel we will make every effort to re-let the property and if we are able to re-let at the same price the balance will be refunded to you.
If we have to cancel your booking in advance for any reason you will be refunded the full amount of the booking.
Changeover day is normally Friday but other days can be arranged on request.Simply contact us to discuss your requirements.
Penty Parc is available from 4pm on day 1 and guests are kindly asked to vacate the property by 10am to allow time for cleaning
Notes on prices:
October to March (excluding Christmas and New Year)
Full week 7nights– £2225
Three night weekend – £1375
April to October
Three night weekend -£1430(excl July/Aug)
Christmas week- £2995
New Year week-£2995
Special Rates for Smaller Groups and mid -week bookings welcomed, please call for price and availability.
The above prices include all towels and bedlinen,heating,hot water,logs and larder cupboard essentials.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- East wing (1st Floor) Large shower room Central Area 2 large bathrooms , one with over –bath shower. West Wing Attic(2nd floor) Large bathroom with over-bath shower Ground Floor 2xcloakrooms
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 17
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps17 in 9 bedrooms Notes on bedrooms: East wing 2 super-king bedrooms-one with handwash basin 1 dbl bedroom with handwash basin Central area 6 bedrooms- 3 king, 3 doubles(2 with handwash basins) West wing(additional 3 bedrooms by arrangement 2dbl 1single)
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Penty Parc sits in 8 acres of lawned gardens and flower beds There is an orchard leading to a large summer meadow and a vegetable and herb garden.The front patio, with outdoor tables and chairs, attracts the sun most of the day and is perfect for informal meals and early evening drinks-further seating is dotted around the garden along with a variety of rugs and cushions.There is a bar-b-que and set of garden Boules. Utility Room: Washing machine Tumble dryer 2nd fridge freezer 15 place setting dishwasher Microwave oven Iron + ironing board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen and towels (except beach)provided. The property is cleaned and linen changed weekly or by special arrangement. Other: Spacious entrance portico leading to panelled reception hall with open fire French doors to gdn Map room Cosy sitting room with sofa and arm chairs music system TV Books/maps of area Bar Purpose built bar Wine fridge French doors to gdn