House in Wells, Somerset, England - Set In Beautiful Somerset Countryside Within Minutes From The City Of Wells
Springfields is a 5* Gold, 4 bedroom, luxury house set in 17.5 acres of rolling countryside on Wellesley Park estate. The estate facilities include a spa with indoor pool, steam room, sauna, gym and library. There is also an outdoor tennis court.The house provides contemporary, open plan living and is furnished to a very high standard with all mod-cons. The stylish dining area overlooks beautiful countryside and has a large oak dining table to seat 10. The modern kitchen boasts an American style fridge freezer and all 4 bedrooms are beautifully furnished. There are 2 large double bedrooms downstairs and 2 twin rooms upstairs (one with an extra two pull-out beds), all of which have ensuite bathrooms. Outside, there’s a private walled/fenced garden that has a seating area with table, benches and chairs and a Weber gas barbecue. There’s parking for 2 cars near the property with more space available in the visitor’s car park.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Hello there, we're delighted you've taken the time to take a look at our home 'Springfields'. Having a busy life in London left us yearning for a holiday home in the countryside that was truly special. After many years of searching for that perfect home we were lucky enough to find 'Springfields' at Wellesley Park, the perfect country retreat with all facilities we were looking for in a holiday home all with in easy reach of London. Our boys adore Springfields and love the pool, tennis and of course the freedom of running around the 200 acres of land. This really is a dream come true for us and we hope you feel the same way. Enjoy!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Springfields is out of this world - we expected it to be clean and tidy but were blown away by the location, facilities & attention to detail within the property - we will definitely be planning a return trip!!!" (Sept 2013)
"Springfields is an amazing property! We arrived late but settling in took no time at all. We wanted for nothing the entire time. As a family of 4, being able to access the pool all day was brilliant. I recommend the steam room too. Travelling with small children always has its little trials, but staying at Springfields made our stay seem effortless." (Sept 2013)
"What a wonderful four night stay at Springfields with our 3 year old, 2 year old and the grandparents. Plenty of space, every utensil you could wish for in the kitchen, lots of kids toys and gadgets and wonderfully comfy beds! The pool was super, everything was so clean and we couldn't have enjoyed our
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
We arrived at Springfields on the Friday ready for our girls weekend away. It was so lovely to go to the spa and have a swim and sit in the steam room after travelling on the M25. Our stresses were washed away. Springfields was beautifully clean and had everything we needed to cater for the 7 of us. Most importantly the beds were so comfortable with lovely crisp linen, everyone had great nights sleep. We walked to Glastonbury on the Saturday, the Tor gave us amazing views over the Somerset flats. Sunday we walked to Wells and had an amazing coffee stop at www.bekyntonbrasserie.co.uk (this is a must!) on to Wookey Hole for a fine Sunday lunch before walking in Ebbor Gorge. Beautiful countryside made all the better to come back to Spingfields comfort. Highly recommend this place.
Fantastic layout for socializing.
Top quality appliances.
Plenty of toys / games / wii / dvds for the kids.
Plenty of cultery, even for the 10 of us.
Very very quiet site.
Huge bedrooms and great ensuites.
Very close to wells, great local market & wookey hole.
Description very very good,great communcation from Sarah (vendor)
Wonderful house and location
We had the most wonderful week in Smallfords.
We were a party of eight made up of four adults and four children ranging from 2 to 8 years of age. We had several very rainy days but still had a lovely time as the bright, open house never felt dull or gloomy, even when the weather was definitely both of those things!
One of the main bedrooms downstairs (there are two up and two down) has a bath and the other three bedrooms all have shower ensuites. All of the fittings and fixtures were very high quality and the view over the field of llamas was so lovely.
The house is very handy to the lovely town of Wells which has Waitrose, Tesco and Morrisons.
The children loved the swimming pool, which was too deep for any of them to stand in (about 1.2m throughout from memory) and the hot tub was a hit with them too. They also liked the little library which is such a peaceful little room with plenty of reading material for a lot more than a week!
We would all highly recommend this house and the owners were very helpful and accommodating. An excellent experience all round.
Out of this world
Springfields is out of this world - we expected it to be clean and tidy but were blown away by the location, facilities & attention to detail within the property - we will definitely be planning a return trip!!!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There is a luxury spa onsite with indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and beauty treatments are available at the property (must be pre-booked). There is also a gym, library and tennis court. Springfields is surrounded by 17.5 acres of beautiful countryside.
Weston-super-mare - approx 25 miles
Burnham-on-sea - approx 20 miles
Nearest airport - Bristol airport - approx 20 miles
Nearest railway station - Castle Cary (approx 11 miles); Bath (22 miles); Bristol Temple Meads (23 miles)
Wells - approx 1.5 miles
Glastonbury - approx 5.5 miles
Glastonbury Tor - approx 6 miles
Street (Clarkes shopping village) - approx 7 miles
Bath - approx 22 miles
Bristol - approx 23 miles
Supermarkets - Waitrose and Morrisons approx 2 miles (Waitrose also deliver)
Wells town centre - good selection of shops and restaurants
Glastonbury - eclectic mix of shops, plus Glastonbury Tor
- Booking Notes:
Deposit = 25% of total rent
Please contact owner for further detail.
Notes on prices:
Weekly bookings = Friday to Friday;
Short breaks available at 75% of the weekly cost
(Weekend bookings = Friday to Monday; Mid-week bookings = Monday to Friday)
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 - has an ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower, Bedroom 2 - has an ensuite bathroom with bath and shower, Bedroom 3 - has an ensuite shower room, Bedroom 4 - has an ensuite shower room, There is also a cloakroom downstairs
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 adults and 2 children (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - master bedroom with king size bed & Smart TV Bedroom 2 - king size bed & TV/DVD Bedroom 3 - 2 full sized single beds & TV/DVD Bedroom 4 - 2 full sized single beds with a further 2 full sized, pull-out single beds & TV/DVD
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Springfields provides luxury, 5* Gold, contemporary accommodation that can easily accommodate large groups with its vast living area and spacious bedrooms. The property is furnished to a very high standard with designer furniture and modern art. Outside: Springfields has a lovely part-walled, part-fenced private garden with patio and small grassed area, which opens out into acres of beautiful green fields. There's an outdoor table with seating for 10 people and a large parasol. There's also a Weber gas BBQ. The property is set in beautiful surroundings within 200 acres of unspoilt countryside and benefits from the use of a spa with indoor pool, sauna, steam room, gym, library, and outdoor tennis court and a fishing lake. Utility Room: The utility room includes a washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Egyptian cotton bed linen and luxury towels (including spa towels and tea towels) are included. The property is cleaned prior to arrival and after departure. Other: The second lounge/games area is separated by modern white shelving. This lounge area features a large screen TV, Blu-ray player, DVDs, toys, books and Nintendo Wii. There is also free Wifi at the property.