House in La Courade, Nr. Cognac, Charente, Poitou-Charentes, France - Unique Hamlet In Country Location, Surrounded By Vineyards And Sunflower Fields. Pet Friendly.
A very large and spacious traditional stone built Charentais property, of considerable character. Its grounds of approximately 2 acres are totally enclosed by stone walls. There are many original features remaining of the château out of whose ruins the property was built in about 1830. Les Frasers offers an exceptional opportunity to relax in the unique hamlet of La Courade. This charming hamlet of just 10 houses boasts a double arched gate dating back to before 1647 and is situated in an area surrounded by cognac vines and fields of sunflowers etc, with fine views of the Charente.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely place, spacious and cosy
About the Owner
My husband and I live in Australia with our 4 boys and 3 dogs (Two Newfoundland and one Portuguese Water dog)
We use to live in the UK and bought this property then to use for family holidays. When we moved to Australia we couldn't bear to part with it.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Amazing place! so cosy and pretty. We had a lovely time by the fire places! thanks a lot. Definitely a place where we would love to come back!
1 holidaymaker review
Lovely place, spacious and cosy
We where three families, twelve persons altogether, who stayed here for our summer holiday. A lovely place, with lots of space. The pictures does not do it justice. We would definitely go back here.
From the Owner
“As parents of 4 boys we wanted a holiday home with lots of space where the children could play outdoors in safety. Away from main roads so they could ride bikes and go for long walks in the country side. What a magnificent place we found. Character filled, two separate courtyard gardens, and a paddock for the children to explore. We bought the farmhouse in 1989 and have never missed a holiday there. Although we now live in Australia we holiday there every year being joined by our relatives from the UK. Always staying for many weeks before our guests arrive to make sure it is presented to our guests as we would wish if we were visitors ourselves. Our children are now grown up and taking their partners there to share the wonderful space, peace and memories. ENJOY.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Under cover parking can be arranged for up to 8 cars with prior notice.
La Palmyre - Situated between Royan and La Rochelle, Zoo de la Palmyre has over 1600 'residents' including polar bears, gorillas, Siberian tigers, rhinoceroses and elephants and is a great day out. La Palmyre also boasts one of the largest and less crowded beaches in the area.
Chatelaillon Plage - Just south of La Rochelle the golden sands stretching for almost 2 miles and the mix of typical early 20th C seaside architecture make this a family resort par excellence.
Virtually equidistant (1.5 hours) from the airports at La Rochelle, Bordeaux, Poitiers and Limoges.
4 bicycles provided for local journeys
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Details available on enquiry.
Saturday, but any day considered in low season.
Notes on prices:
Long let discounts in low season.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“La Courade is a small hamlet with less than a dozen houses. It has practically been untouched in the last 100 years. Due to its character, uniqueness and beauty has had it been considered for heritage listing. It is peaceful, away from main roads, surrounded by vineyards and sunflower fields, yet only a bike ride away from the village and short drive to thriving towns.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor WC 1st floor Bathroom 1. Bath/shower, Double sink and WC. Bathroom 2. Bath/shower, sink and WC 2nd floor Shower and sink. Separate WC
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 king, 2 twin, 2 double, 1 family Bedrooms: 1. King four poster bed +cot. 2. Twin beds, (extra long single beds). 3. Double bed. 4. Twin bed (two single beds). 5. Extra large room double bed. 6. 2 double beds + cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Downstairs rooms include large family kitchen, utility room, Sitting room and Dining room both with open fireplaces. Study and separate WC. There is also a separate games room in an adjoining barn, with some children's toys, wooden train set. Electronic darts board. Board games and table tennis table. The bedrooms are divided over two floors. The first floor has 4 bedrooms, with two full bathrooms shared by each two bedrooms. The top floor has two very large bedrooms, one being the family bedroom with extra beds and cot. These share a shower room and separate WC. The barn that connects the garden to the swimming pool area also has a fridge freezer for guests to stock with drinks and ice creams etc. The property is accessed via an outer courtyard used for parking by both the house and the caretakers cottage which may or may not be in use. The house is accessed through this outer courtyard. Total privacy is ensured by an archway with solid wooden doors. Outside: The inner courtyard BBQ adjacent to the kitchen makes the most of the long summer evenings with 2 large tables and many chairs capable of following either the sun, or shade. The private swimming pool 12 X 6 metres, and separate circular shallow children's pool are in an adjacent courtyard. Utility Room: Washer, dryer, large Fridge Freezer, Iron and Ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen is included along with bath towels and some towels for pool use. If mid stay cleaning is requested this can be arranged upon arrival by negotiation with the caretakers. Other: Study, this room links the kitchen and utility room with the Dining room. It has a table for computers and many sockets for charging laptops, phones etc. The house has Wifi internet.