Detached Villa with a private pool in Los Dolses, Nr. Villamartin, Costa Blanca South, Spain - Walking Distance To All Amenities And Just Five Minutes Drive To The Nearest Beach, One Of Many
The villa is detached and in an elevated position with views to the sea and surrounding area. It is surrounded on three sides by lovely gardens, the fourth side taken up by the pool and BBQ area with access to the front garden and into the villa. The front of the villa is situated on a very quiet wide road with easy parking but parking is available off road on the gated hard standing. From the villa you can walk to all the amenities of the four plazas nearby. A communal pool is also available for your use and children's areas are close by. The villa consists of three bedrooms, one double and two twin. The twin bedrooms are on the ground floor with a full bathroom with a shower including and including a hair dryer. Upstairs is the master bedroom with its own en-suite shower room and small sitting room. This leads on to a large solarium overlooking the sea with two sunbeds to enjoy getting away from it all . Although all the bedrooms have ceiling fans there is air-con in the master suite. All hand and bath towels are provided for all the guests
The lounge overlooks the community pool and has air-con and plenty of comfortable seating. A flat screen tv provides all the English tv programmes and a dvd to watch any films, games and cards are also available. The dining area has a table and chairs to seat 6 people.
The lounge leads onto the kitchen which has all the mod-cons including microwave, dish-washer, washing machine and toaster. Outside drying facilities are available on the first floor level.
Leading off the lounge is an inside/outside lounge with glass curtains overlooking the private pool. This room has comfortable furniture with seating for 6 people and a dining area seating 9 people.
Outside and around the pool area are sunbeds, chairs, tables and parasols. All beach towels are provided for around the pool and beach. The bbq area has a large bbq with plenty of room for cooking that great outdoor meal.
Around the outside of the villa there are many seating areas and always one to find in the cool away from the hot summer sun.
About the Owner
We would like to introduce ourselves to you. We are Ray and Diane and are the owners of the villa Casa del Pajaro Azul and originally came from Wales. Before coming to Spain, seven eight years ago, we were hoteliers for thirty years in the city of Cardiff. We manage our own villa as we have had all this experience of looking after so many people over the years and it is what we enjoy most. We are always available to answer any of your questions to make your holiday a truly wonderful experience.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This is our second year to advertise with Owners Direct and we have had some very nice emails from guests who stayed at the villa last summer.
From the Owner
“The property is in one of the nicest areas of Villa Martin called Los Dolses. It is a very individual area with a variety of villas, town houses and apartments all very spacious. Los Dolses is in walking distance of four plazas namely Los Dolses, Rioja, Villa Martin and La Fuente so no worries about drinking and driving. Everything is to hand including two supermarkets, bank, hairdressers, pubs, gymnasium, beauty salon and a huge variety of restaurants both British and European. A new shopping centre has opened a few minutes drive away called La Zenia Boulavard. This is not just shopping but a complete day out with its own uniqueness. A few more minutes drive and you are at some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe, you could visit a different one every day. For the golfers we are surrounded by three golf courses. Bowling green, petanca pistes indoor pool are within a short distance.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
La Predrerer is the place for the active person. This is a 'grand design' house which deserves a mention for a complete day out. The house itself has been featured on the TV many times and provides quad biking, archery, kayaking on the great lake, pony trekking or relaxing around their huge pool. Go-karting and pony trekking are a short distance away and for those of you who like walking there is a beach walkway all along the coast where you can walk as long or short a distance as you prefer.
We have a total of 5 blue flag beaches all within 5-10 minutes driving. They range from small bays to beaches where you can walk for miles. All the beaches have facilities including toilets and food/drink. The sand is soft under foot and the water is beautifully clear. A little further along the coast is the Mar Menor - an inland sea where you can cross to La Manga by boat or cover yourself in mud with special healing qualities which is very popular with the Spanish people.
Villa Martin is between Alicante airport (45mins) and Murcia airport (25mins) all using low cost flights. I would always recommend hiring a car as you get to see a lot more of Spain but if you want a relaxing holiday without driving, a car can be arranged to meet you at the airport and whilst on holiday there are many places that you can walk to or hire a car by the day if needed or just chill out by the pool. A bus runs to the beach each day from Los Dolses plaza in the summer months.
There are so many places to see in the area that it would be hard to give the distance of them all but within half an hours drive you could be way out in the country seeing a very old fashioned Spanish way of life, enjoying some tapas and a cana (small beer) overlooking the orange and lemon groves. Twenty minutes along the coast would take you to Torrevieja (a must see city) or Cartagena (45 mins) with its huge Roman influence and the very first submarine with open top bus tours every day.
Some of the things that stick out to me is the variety of everything. There are the Spanish supermarkets which stock the most wonderful local produce and supermarkets stocking all the British food. Lidl and Aldi are also in the area which also stock lots of everything .
Its easier and cheaper to change money over here so I always reccommend to bring a small amount of euros with you.
If I tell you within walking distance some of my favourite drinking/eating haunts are Spanish, Italian, Greek, Chinese where you can wine and dine for under 8 euros, and the favourite fish and chip restaurant. Hog roasts and special nights are put on by a lot of the pubs and they all encourage the children, some of these places have great play areas. A great little Irish pub, pub quizzes, entertainment, a place to put a bet on, the list goes on. Ladies there is a great beauty parlour where you can spoil yourself for the day, alternatively if working out is your thing an air conditioned gym is closeby and a dance centre. Villa Martin is the oldest plaza (about 15-20mins walk) where there are about 40 restaurants and pubs, well worth a visit. Our newest plaza is La Fuente (a walk along the canal away) where again what you would expect for great eating and entertainment including a really nice boutique, Belgium bakery and Champagne bar, Italian, Spanish, Thai and British cuisine. Along the N332 (5min driving) you will find go-cart racing and a mini golf course overlooking the sea, sometimes a circus arrives there. There are many fiestas around the area in the summer and Easter time and sometimes I think its any time for a party(fiesta), the Spanish do it so well. We have a market every day somewhere in the area where you can buy the most delicious fruit and veg so cheap. Again for the ladies you will be amazed what girlie things are on offer at ridiculous prices. Local papers come out every week day, these are free and they all tell you what is happening in the area.
A 5 minute drive takes you to the latest shopping centre, La Zenia Boulevard, one of Spain's best. A place with some of the most well known shops in the world, not just a shopping centre but a day out for the whole family, it also has the cheapest garage (Al Campo) to buy your diesel or petrol.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 15 Jul 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
16 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
My Standard Rate
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
£300 non-refundable deposit to secure your booking.
Balance to be paid 6 weeks before arrival.
300 euro returnable security bond to be returned to your bank as soon as the villa has been checked.
Cleaning charges will be added to bookings less than 14 days.
Arrival times 5pm
Departure times 11am
Cases can be stored if needed at the villa.
Notes on prices:
Christmas and Easter prices are £800 per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is elevated and therefore enjoys views down to the sea. The upstairs solarium is very private and cannot be overlooked at all. Running parallel to the villa is a canal that runs 400 metres through to the countryside, this gives you the opportunity for some great walks or hire a bike for the day as it is mostly very flat. The villa has its own pool so days can be relaxed as you want just hanging out and enjoying the outside bbq. A communal pool is near for your use if you prefer a longer swim. There are many areas surrounding the villa that you can enjoy your own space ranging from sunshine to shade the choice is yours. In the evening the outside lounge overlooking the pool provides a great place to enjoy a glass of wine or make those important emails as the villa has free wi-fi”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, The shower is a wet room
- The main bathroom on the ground floor has a bath/shower over, bidet and wc. The en-suite from the master bedroom consists of a shower, wc. Both bathrooms have lots of storage space and cupboards to hold your toiletries and the many towels available.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: On the ground floor are two twin bedrooms with fitted wardrobes and ceiling fans and on the first floor is an en-suite bedroom with king size bed, air con and fitted wardrobes with French doors leading to a garden solarium. Off this bedroom is a sun room.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Includes use of facilities, free broadband and wi-fi, private pool and community pool, house towels, bath and hand, bed linen and pool/beach towels. Services- water and electric. Please dont leave air con on when leaving the villa. Cleaning and laundry on departure. Normal check-in 5pm, check out 11am, cases can be stored at the villa. No smoking indoors and no pets please. Outside: There are so many lovely areas on the outside of the villa where you can all be together or have a quiet moment (self time). The nature garden has a garden swing and small pond overlooking the communal pool. The front garden has lots of lovely flowers and a huge double palm tree with a small seating area, this is the coolest place to be and people watch enjoying a traditional glass of wine. The pool area is the fun area with sun-beds, seating areas and very large BBQ/cooking area all under a sail giving much needed shade but can be undone if you want all sun. There is also a parasol and a shower to be used before using the pool. Pool towels are kept in a green box for your use. At the top of the stairs through the sun room is the top solarium. This gives you views to the sea and area. There are lots of plants and 2 sunbeds to relax on, once again giving you a very private area. In the daytime your washing can be put out to dry here taking about an hour to dry in the sunshine. Utility Room: Just to add to the kitchen list we also provide tea towels, cloths, rubbish bags and instructions on all electrical. Table mats and coasters, a vacuum cleaner, steam iron and ironing board, brush, mop, brush and pan. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: On arrival the beds will be made with fresh linen and towels will be provided. There are plenty more in the cupboards, we also provide beach and pool towels. The pool and gardens get tended most days and personal choice, linen can be washed in the machine Other: The outside lounge has glass curtains overlooking the pool and consists of a 3 seater sofa and 2 armchairs with a dining table seating 9. Throughout the year, this is the room you will use the most. It also has a ceiling fan and lots of pretty plants.