Bungalow in Widemouth Bay, Nr. Bude, Cornwall, England - Directly Opposite Widemouth Bay And The Coastal Path
The property has 3 bedrooms. One twin bedroom with ensuite shower room, one double bedroom, one bunk bed room with a double mattress on the lower bunk. It sleeps 6+1. There is also a family bathroom with bath. There is an airy kitchen with a range of appliances. A dining room with direct sea views. A lounge with large screen TV, free view, DVD and wii, 2 large leather settees and a table which leads into a conservatory which has seating and stunning sea views.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(4 traveller reviews)
Seven of us stayed in this property and it was beautiful the pictures on here dont do it justice we have triplets that are 4 yrs old so space is a must so that they can play not only was there space but there was two cuboards filled with toys for then the owner was lovely and the location was beautiful we had a lovely holiday five star place☺
Wonderful Views in a fantastic location
This is the first time we have stayed in a self catering bungalow so were a little apprehensive. I can safely say that all our fears were unfounded. The bungalow was spotlessly clean, really well equipped and in a fantastic location opposite the beach and cafe (which sells the nicest pasties we found!). The views were stunning with some lovely walks along the cliffs and beach as well as a lovely country walk through the field 5 minutes away. Thank you also for the lovely welcome pack which was much appreciated on our arrival after a long journey. We have every intention of returning next year, this time for 2 weeks!
We stay in cottages at least three times every year and I can safely say that this is the best located we have stopped in . Right across from the beach , the view from the conservatory and dining room is beautiful . Thank you to Karen for the lovely welcome pack it was much appreciated on our arrival . The house was warm and cosy and the beds were comfortable and had very good quality quilts and bed linen. You couldn't have needed anything else the house was so well equipped . The garden was very dog friendly and well fenced our dogs loved it ! . There is also an extensive range of toys, dvd's and maps at your disposal. We enjoyed our stay so much we hope to return again , thank you for allowing us to take our dogs , and thank you to the cleaners the house was beautifully clean on our arrival. I cannot recommend this property enough it is a wonderful place to stay
Probably the Best Coast Property location
I couldn't find any reviews when I booked so was a bit concerned. I needn't have been, the website does not do this property justice. The conservatory on the front overlooking the beach is perfect, we took elderly parents who could still watch what's going on but stay in the warmth of the bungalow.
You come out of the front gate, cross the road and you are on the beach, it really is that close. We stayed in October so don't know what it's like in the height of the season, but really hope to go back again.
Easy walking distance to the Bay View Inn, excellent food and BIG portions, also near to small shop which has locally caught fresh fish every day. There is a very nice cafe on beach car park directly opposite the bungalow.
The bungalow is very well equipped, very comfortable beds, good quality linen and towels. Plenty of space and seating for up to 7, Wi-fi was a godsend, and secure gardens for our 2 dogs to enjoy.
Bungalow was very clean, everything provided and worked! Strongly recommend to beach lovers, we watched plenty of surf schools which seem to cater for every age from small children to seasoned veterans.
Definitely looking forward to a return visit.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are several surf schools offering surf lessons on Widemouth Bay.
The property is directly opposite Widemouth Bay which is a sandy beach but has many rock pools. There is a lifeguard service for surfers/body boards during peak season. A short drive of approx 10 mins takes you to the beaches of Bude.
A car is recommended. Bude is approximately 3 miles away. There are many towns to explore such as Clovelly, Hartland Point, Boscastle, Padstow and the Eden Project. Once at the bungalow there is a nearby well equiped shop, 2 pubs, Trelawny Tea Room, and several cafes on the beach.
In nearby Bude is a Sanisburys, Co-op and a Morrisons.
There is the Harlequins Bowling Centre offering bowling and a soft indoor play centre for kids. The is an adjacent AquaSplash centre which has a water slide and a wave machine
There is a fish and chips take away a few minutes walk away in peak season.
- Booking Notes:
A 20 percent deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom2 has a wc, basin and mira power shower. Family bathroom has a wc, basin, and bath/shower over with mira electric shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, bedroom 2 with twin beds and ensuite shower room, bedroom 3 with bunk beds, the lower bunk having a double mattress. We recommend the top bunk is only used for a child.
- Golf ...
- Outside: Front and rear enclosed gardens with outdoor seating. There is a summer house with body boards and spades. In the garage there is a gas BBQ for experienced users and there is a tumble dryer. There is an outdoor shower. Utility Room: In the porch is washing machine, clothes airer and cleaning equipment. An ironing board is available. In the locked garage is a tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned for your arrival. Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. Other: Dining room overlooking Widemouth Bay which seats 7. Cabinet with a range of books, DVD's, games and some children's toys. The is a hifi with ipod docking station. Wii fii throughout the bungalow.There is an outdoor shower. A gas BBQ is available.