House in Beaford, Nr. Winkleigh, Mid Devon, Devon, England - Peaceful Location, Totally Secluded
Beaford House offers peace and tranquillity in a lovely setting with the bonus of a shared outdoor heated swimming pool (Whitsun-mid September). Beautifully furnished, this English country house is elegantly furnished throughout, with spacious accommodation for up to 23 guests in nine bedrooms including one with a four poster bed. Beaford House is a grand, south facing gentleman’s residence, set in 30 acres of gardens and grounds, atop the River Torridge Valley, with breathtaking views towards Dartmoor. The perfect rural retreat Beaford House makes guests feel like the Lord and Lady of the manor! This perfect wedding venue offers exclusive use of the house and an adjoining ballroom with a Civil Wedding Licence. Also ideal for family gatherings and holidays with friends.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Just a short walk along a track, leads down the valley to the River Torridge, where kingfishers, otters and deer can be often spotted. Just 4 miles away is Great Torrington, home of RHS Rosemoor and Dartington Glass. Salmon and trout fishing, shooting, hunting, horse riding and golf can be booked locally. North Devon beaches, Bideford, North Devon’s principle town of Barnstaple and many local attractions can be easily reached. Tours of Tarka Country and trips to Exmoor and the North Devon Coat.
Beaford Village 1/2 mile
Great Torrington 5 miles
Beaford House is the ideal venue for Stag / Hen Parties. Away from it all, with plenty of space for fun and games. Please ask for further details of activities that can be organised. e.g Clay Shooting, Survival, Beauty Treatments, Coasteiring etc. Also we are more than happy to organise transport.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit is required upon booking and the balance paid 6 weeks before arrival.
Usually Friday, but flexible out of season
Notes on prices:
Special Offers are always available throughout the year. Please enquire
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 8 en-suite 3 family bathrooms
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (9 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 x 4 posters bedrooms. 4 x double bedrooms. 3 x family bedrooms. 1 x twin bedroom. All have en-suite and freeview TV. Some even have balconies.
- Max. occupancy: 12
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: A bookcase-lined hall (filled with books) leads to the extensive dining room where three floor-to-ceiling French doors lead out to the lawns and swimming pool. Elegantly furnished, with a large table, this room too boasts a wood panelled original fireplace and contains a pool table and seating areas. All power and linen included, central heating is charged at £35 per day. Logs and coal for the fires can be purchased on site. A large attached Ballroom can be hired, which includes a Civil Wedding Licence, for the week, and the option for outside caterers to be brought in. This room is very well equipped with a bar area, large open fire and ladies and gents cloakrooms. Outside: Beaford House is surrounded by tranquil countryside and set in large gardens and grounds. With a children’s outdoor play area, a BBQ, chairs and plenty of garden furniture provided. Many horses and ponies fill the owners’ surrounding fields. All year round private hot tub. The fenced outdoor heated swimming pool (Whitsun-mid Sept) is shared with 3 small holiday cottages. Utility Room: The original wash room houses the washing machine. A corridor with original red quarry tiling leads to the servant’s entrance - ideal for muddy boots and shoes! A second servants’ staircase leads to the first floor. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided. Other: For the children, a cosy snug is ideal with TV, video and games and a wood panelled fireplace. Wii with games.