Villa in Groznjan, Nr. Buje, Istria, Croatia - Newly Built To Highest Specifications, Infinity Pool, Wine Cellar, Very Peaceful Location
Set amidst Croatia's best wine makers and situated between two medieval towns famed for their truffle based cuisine and cultural events, Casa Paranzana is a hilltop family owned villa offering breathtaking views over vineyards, olive groves and a sparkling backdrop of the Adriatic Sea. Only 20 min drive from the coastline, the young owners love using the villa for both getting away from it all and hosting family and friends wanting to combine the rural and seaside in a vacation. The owners have stayed true to traditional Istrian architecture and used their extensive travels to create a luxurious, eclectic interior combined with a very homely feel, all designed to the highest standards. The villa is located in the village of Biloslavi, 5km from Groznjan.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a young Croatian/Australian family, living in Notting Hill, London, and are very passionate about travel! We enjoy staying in unique and beautiful places around the world and love accommodation that embraces stylish comfort. We hope that our villa will attract like-minded guests and offer them a memorable holiday in Croatia.
Guestbook comments from the owner
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
beautiful views of the valley! great location for the house away from the busy roads and too many people yet very close drive to all the amenities. surprisingly convenient to fly in for the weekend as well. house really nicely/tastefully done, with kids in mind too. our 4 yr old boy is similar age to the owners and loved exploring the house. whilst on top of a very steep hill the house also is on a really picturesque path to groznjian for an evening walk/cycle. highly highly recommended
Fabulous Istrian experience
We loved our stay in this amazing luxury villa. It was even more beautiful than the photos, and with all the modern conveniences. The view over the countryside from the infinity pool was stunning. Everything was clean and well-maintained. Highly recommended.
Stunning modern villa with breathtaking views
This is the perfect villa for a family get away. Situated right on the top of a hill the views are breathtaking. Everywhere in the house from the shower in the masterbedroom to the infinite pool in the garden you can look out over the entire valley and vineyards below. The house itself is very comfortable and tastefully decorated with high quality modern fixtures, yet retaining much of the traditional feel. There is a wonderful veranda from which you can enjoy a bbq or a sunset glass local wine (great little winery 3min away and plenty more within 15 min drive). The owners, Adrian and Lea (who is Croatian) were gave us plenty of first hand recommendations on the surrounding area including some great fun stuff to do with our little 20 month old boy on the coast (only 15min easy drive away). There is another stunning little hill top village 10min drive down a track where we had a wonderful evening meal there of steak with local truffle sauce. We had no idea Croatia had so much to offer - the location, the weather, the food and this incredible villa made it a trip we'd never forget and would hugely recommend to anyone.
From the Owner
“We bought the property because we loved the view and the serenity. It is a beautiful area with lots of things to enjoy, including great food (including truffles) and wine. It is a unique rural setting with an unrivalled view and easy access to the beach.”
Activity and Interests
Distance to the beach is 20 minutes by car.
Use of car is essential. Nearest airport is Pula, (capital of Istria, Croatia), which is 40 minutes by car. Other airport options are: Trieste (1.5 hours), Ljubljana (2 hours), Rijeka (1 hour) and Zagreb (2.5 hours). Nearest ports are Pula, Proec and Rijeka. Car hire is available at all airports and ports.
Distance to nearest towns are (Groznjan) is 5 kilometres and Motovun (7 km). A variety of vineyards are within those same distances.
Immediately adjacent to the property are various biking trails. There are many of Croatia's well known vineyards in the vicinity, as well as gourmet restaurants are close. Tennis, golf and water centres are also close. Boats can be hired in the nearby beach towns. Bars and clubs for nightlife are available within a 25 min drive. In terms of local grocery shopping and banks, the best option is Buje, a 15 - 20 min drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Rest of the year
25 Sep 2016 - 27 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Booking deposit of 20% required. Full amount to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. At arrival Eur300 left with the housekeeper which is returned at departure if house is in order.
Up to 8 weeks – no cancellation charge
4-8 weeks – 50% of rate refunded
2-4 weeks – 25% of rate refunded
Less than 2 weeks – no refund
In August saturday to saturday. Other times flexible.
Notes on prices:
All utilities are included in the price
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You will enjoy state of the art design with a lot of details collected around the world. It is a unique property in it's warm luxurious style, combined with a calm and naturally beautiful setting. The infinity pool offers magnificent views. The hilltop villages surrounding the property are quaint and well known for their cultural events, including an international film festival in Motovun and an international Jazz festival in Groznjan. They are beautiful places to enjoy your holiday.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Master en suite bathroom with shower, bath, sink, wc, beautiful views. Bathroom 2 ensuite to bedroom with bath, sink, wc. Bathroom 3 ensuite to bedroom with shower, wc and sink. Bathroom 4 is very spacious with wc, sink and shower. Another separate wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom of 50m2 with king size bed, fireplace, writing desk. Another 3 funky luxury bedrooms with queen/king size beds.The bedrooms are all bright, spacious and boast wooden floors, wardrobe space and top design. They all have magnificent views.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is accessed through two roads which are both non paved, dirt roads. It is also situated on top of a hill. Outside: The infinity pool is 24m2 and has a sun deck with chairs. It has a grass area. There is also a large terrace with a BBQ and a dining table. There are various sitting areas around the terrace and garden. Utility Room: The Utility room includes an additional fridge, a washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linens are included. The house has a housekeeper who cleans the property once a week, but can do it more often if required. The housekeeper is also available should guests need anything else. Other: The house includes a gallery which serves as a library/TV room and is designed in 'english style' with chesterfield sofas. The house also includes a very large terrace with an outside BBQ and various sitting areas. It has Wifi.