Townhouse in Poros Town, Poros, Greek Islands - Charming Beautifully Restored Traditional Town House
The traditional town house and private garden is ideal for families with two young children or and a baby. A couple, or three friends. The island of Poros is situated in the Saronic Gulf only a couple of hours away from the airport and Athens the capitol of Greece. Only a narrow strip of water separates the dramatic hills and mountains of the mainland from this tiny island. Poros is actually two islands, Kalavria and Spheria that are divided by a canal.Poros Town occupies most of the island of Spheria, it is picturesquely situated around a low conical hill, clustered with traditional whitewashed houses and crowned with a slender clock tower. The town waterfront has a plethora of coffee shops, tavernas and souvenir shops. Yachts, ferries and hydrofoils are all common visitors to the busy quayside. The island of Kalavria by contrast has much richer vegetation and boasts beautiful bays and coves for swimming.
Lemon Tree Annex is included in the accommodation. This Annex has:
-a bespoke made single bed with a mosquito net (tent style from the ceiling)
-Floor fan/Fireplace/ mirror/Table chair /clothes hanging area/ small set of
drawers. Adjacent WC/Shower Room.
-The front door of the annex opens out onto the shaded garden area with fruit trees and flowers. (the Annex is for One person
only). This upper garden area has a small wine table two chairs, umbrella and sun bed.
-NB. A cot is supplied for babies.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I Live on the Island of Poros and have pleasure in renting out our lovely Town House to guests every year. I or my assistant will be waiting by the port side to greet all new guests arriving to stay in our house.
I am available to help guests with information on Poros island and the archeological sites on the mainland. I can also help with car hire bookings, taverna sugestions. swimming pool, ski school and horse riding locations for guests that may require these options.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We came in your house in Poros because our son and his family find it
really charming in august. Our stay for 17 days was very nice : It is a
very lovely, tidy, cosy and above all a real Greek house. We do like the
colours and the fact that it is carefully done. The view is amazing .The
location in the city is perfect, not too high, not to low.
We have appreciate the garden and the flowers . As we said to Trisha Poros
is a beautiful island and the city is a lively place for tourists but also
it is in keeping with the Greek characters with the white coloured houses,
the stairs , the flowers and the life is going on in the upper village.
Thanks you for our nice stay in Poros and for the pleasure to meet Trisha.
Kinds regards .
Michèle and Raymond Henry.
2 holidaymaker reviews
The villa has been lovingly and tastefully designed, with fresh, vibrant colour schemes. The view from the main bedroom balcony out over the sea, is breathtakingly lovely. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, and well equipped. The kitchen and lounge area were deliciously cool and afforded a blissful haven when the temperatures crept on to the late 30s. Lots of choice of nooks and crannies in the garden to catch the sun, or dine al fresco, and lemons fell from the trees and straight into our Gin and Tonics. Wonderful restaurants in close proximity; Dimitris for melt in the mouth steaks -hardly surprising as he does also own the local butchers - and the warm and welcoming Garden Tavern, where 2 adorable little Yorkies appeared to be trained to seduce and entice passing customers! Small, friendly local shops with fresh bread daily just a few minutes away. Try not to overdose on the freshly made Baclava in the town below. The icing on the cake was a day trip to Hydra.... no cars, just donkeys, and reminiscent of Capri. Awake to the sound of the church bells in this idyllic spot. Left feeling refreshed, uplifted and blessed.
Beautiful, perfectly located, with amazing views
This house looked nice from the internet pictures, but when we arrived it surpassed our expectations. It is a lovely place to be, well decorated, clean and well equipped. The layout is traditionally Greek - difficult to understand until you see it, but enjoyable to be in, with lots of different spaces. Downstairs is a nice cool kitchen and cosy living area. Upstairs, the bathroom and 2 main bedrooms are accessed by separate doors from the outside landing. There is an internal door between the 2 bedrooms. The annex is on the opposite side of the garden - the extra bathroom was useful. The outdoor space is beauifully planted. We particularly liked the dining area beneath the vine, and the balcony from the main bedroom, which has spectacular views across the bay to the mountains on the mainland.
There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within easy access from the house. In particular the restaurant Platanos, just nearby, is a lovely place to eat under the plantane tree. There are some very nice beaches within easy walking distance.
The manager was very helpful, available if needed, but not intrusive. The local people in the bars and shops were very friendly and welcoming.
We had a lovely holiday, wandering to the beach, relaxing in the house and at the seafront cafes and bars. We plan to go back and would definitely recommend it.
From the Owner
“The property was purchased as a ruin in 1999. It has been renovated in the Greek traditional style. The property is constantly maintained to a good standard. The reasons for buying the property were our love of the Greek islands, the sea, the sun, the light and the different smells of the pine trees and flowers. Poros Island is also very close to the mainland and has easy access to many archeological sites and Athens.”
Activity and Interests
The main beaches are within easy access. A local beach can be reached on foot in ten minutes and the local bus to other beaches.
The bus and taxis are the waterfront of Poros harbour. (Ten minutes away by foot.)
Regular bus services from the main town of Poros in the summer months that visit.
Most of the swimming bays, popular beaches and the monastery.
A taxi service from the main port of Poros.
A small boat passenger service from the main port of Poros to the mainland of Galatas.
Local car ferry service to the mainland and the town of Galatas.
Bus service KTL.
From: Central Athens Kifisos.
To Galatas for the Island of Poros.
From Galatas to Nafplion, Argos.
The local shops, tavernas, coffee shops and the main port of Poros town are within easy walking distance from the property.
There is a direct road from the airport to the town of Galatas opposite island of Poros
Journey time: 2 hours
Regular Small boat (benzina) or car ferry boat from Galatas to the island of Poros:
Journey time: Approx 8 minutes
Hydrofoil from the Port of Piraeus
Journey time: One hour
Boat from the Port of Piraeus
Journey time: 2.5 hours
Journey times approximate
As the Island of Poros is almost connected to the mainland it provides easy access to the most important archaeological sites of Greecei.e. Epidavros, Mycenae, Nafplion, Argos, Vytina, ancient Olympia, Ancient Corinth, Delphi etc. Ancient Trizinia the birth place of Theseus is only ten minutes away.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The holiday stay prices are for two people. The property can accomodate up to five persons. Two in the master bedroom (double bed)and two in the guest bedroom(double bed) and one in the compact Lemon Tree Annex (single bed). For the extra guests 15.00 Euros per person per night is charged. Guests are welcomed at the port and shown to a taxi (fare about 6.00Euros) the taxi ride is about six minutes to the nearest parking place to the town house. It is then a short walk to the property. At the house the guests are shown around the property and informed as to where the beaches, tavernas and bars are located. The house has two entrances one at the front of the house and a gated entrance at the side. The property has a private walled patio and garden.
I will keep in contact with the guests when they have booked and they will be met them at the port.
(If they are traveling to Poros by hydrofoil) If the guests are travelling by car they will be given directions.
Notes on prices:
The deposit depends on the Total amount eg. 2060.00 Euros for a two week
stay in the summer is 700.00 Euros deposit
The balance is to be paid six weeks before departure.
If there is 5 people it is 15 euros a night more. Also we are happy to arrange a discount for longer than 3 weeks, as well as if there is a couple staying depending on the time of the year.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Benefits of staying in the Town House. The house has a walled garden and a secluded courtyard under a vine giving privacy. The upper garden is perfect for a cool glass of Greek wine in the evening and The Lemon tree annex is ideal for a lazy afternoon siester. The house has very easy access to two local tavernas, the main town, coffee shops, supermarkets and the bustling sea front. It is also easy to walk to a beach or take a bus from the main town to a beach on the other side of the island. The appealing balcony has stunning views of the sea and the famous sleeping lady mountain range. Many Town properties do not have gardens especially walled gardens this is a plus for privacy and a tranquill holiday on Poros.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- One WC/Bathroom for the two bed rooms and one WC/shower room for the Lemon tree Annex The bathroom is adjacent to the bedrooms and sheltered under a tiled pergola/ porch way.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms including the Annex Notes on bedrooms: First floor: Main double bedroom (1) with shuttered doors opening onto a balcony with sea and mountain views. Traditional antique double bed. Cozy double bedroom (2) with open beam ‘cathedral’ style ceiling and ceiling fan.Window opens out to sea view.
- Notes on accommodation: Bottles of water in the refrigerator. The property has been sensitively furnished in the Traditional Greek style. The property is well maintained throughout the year. The ground floor has: Air conditioning unit. Central heating. Dishwasher. Refrigerator. Electric oven. Ceiling fan. Flat screen TV. DVD. Radio/CD. First floor: Balcony with sea view Air conditioning unit. Central heating. Wardrobe with rail for hanging clothes and a set of drawers. Chest of drawers and a mirror. Roll down top writing desk. Ceiling fan. Wardrobe with rail and drawers. Mosquito net over the bed. Attractive dressing table with mirror. Shuttered window opening onto sea and mountain views. Small guest room with a bespoke made single bed Doorway and shuttered window facing the upper raised garden area. Fireplace with shelf and mirror. Desk and chair. Open beam ceiling. Hooks and hangers for clothes. Private outside WC/shower room. Fan. A cot is supplied for babies. Outside: The entire area of the courtyard and the raised garden is given privacy by a surrounding whitewashed stone wall. The side entrance is through a unique traditional double green wrought iron gate. The courtyard under the vine covered pergola has a marble table with wrought iron base, four teak chairs with soft seat cushions. Stone steps from the courtyard lead up to the raised garden and shaded raised patio area. (Summer wine sipping spot). In the corner is the Lemon Tree Annex (small visitor’s room with a fireplace) and the exterior shower room. The garden is well maintained and has an automatic system. The pot plants and planters are watered by our gardener. (if guests do not want the interruption they may do the watering). One Marble top sewing machine table. Four teak chairs and soft cushions. Two blue directors chairs. One umbrella. One round ouzo table. One sun bed. Two balcony chairs. One balcony table. There is ample outside lighting with return switches. Utility Room: This room stores the main boiler and garden tools etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: On arrival our guests are supplied with the following items: Towels for the bathroom shower rooms. Beach towels. Bed linen All beds are made ready and the houses is very well presented. NB If a cleaner is requested the rates are 8.00 Euros per hour. Other: Doorway out to an arched porch way leading onto a vine covered courtyard (ideal as an outside dining area). Laundry room with washing machine. Shelf for washing powder etc.Drying rack and steam iron NB. A cot is supplied for babies.