Relax in Hay Barn's open spaces, finished with oak beams, flagstone floors and modern furnishings, or head outside onto one of two private outside spaces to dine al-fresco on the patio.
Hay Barn sleeps seven comfortably and has three luxurious four poster beds. It's large living area and four en-suite bathrooms make it perfect for families and groups of friends alike.
On the ground floor, the lounge sits among the original oak beamed structure of the barn and has ample seating and a large dining table that seats eight. The fitted kitchen packs in everything you need to make you feel at home whilst preparing food for the family.
The first floor houses two large double bedrooms both with 5' four-poster beds, vaulted ceilings and stripped pine floors and with en-suite facilities including beautiful roll top baths for a luxurious soak at the end of the day. There is also a small single bedroom with ensuite shower and wc facilites and dual access into the hallway and master bedroom.
Swallow, Hay, Cider and Apple cottages used to be an integral part of the working farm and date back to the doomsday book although a lots changed since then. Sleeping 6, 7, 6 and 3 respectively the cottages have been carefully restored with flagstone floors, oak beams and furnished with beautiful beds and ample furniture. Relax in-front of the TV, get online on your laptop or cook up a storm in our well equipped kitchens or simply relax with a book in our conservatory overlooking the duckpond.
About the Owner
About Katie Parsons
Mark and Katie have recently purchased Halsbeer Farm from the previous owners who lovingly restored the courtyard of derelict barns into beautiful holiday cottages. Mark and Katie live in the farmhouse with their children Mia and Felix.
Why Katie Parsons chose East Devon
We searched for a long time for the perfect spot, and finally settled on the Blackdown Hills. We love the peace and quiet of living in a rural area, and enjoy walking to the pub in the village for a quiet pint in the summer evenings.
Changeover day in 2017 is Friday. Short breaks may be available in off peak seasons. Please call 01884 266699 or email email@example.com to enquire. Please visit our website www.halsbeerfarm.co.uk for more information including our Terms and Conditions, to check availability and book online.
Changeover day for 2016 is Saturday. In 2017 changeover day will be Friday. Short breaks may be available during the off peak season. Please call 01884 266699 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
From the Owner
“We searched for a long time for the perfect spot, and finally settled on the Blackdown Hills. We love the peace and quiet of living in a rural area, and enjoy walking to the pub in the village for a quiet pint in the summer evenings.”
Activity and Interests
We are just 20 miles from some of the most stunning coastline in Britain with glorious beaches, fishing, wild swimming and coastal walks awaiting you.
Be sure to go for a dip in the sea followed by perhaps some tea and toast if you stumble upon the wonderful Town Mill Bakery in Lyme Regis.
Or why not take home some fresh fish from Beer or perhaps sample a fine Devon ale in one of it's many pubs.
Halsbeer Farm is situated on the outskirts of Kentisbeare village near Cullompton, Devon. With close links to the M5 and the A30/A303 it’s really easy to get yourself to our spot in the Blackdown Hills without too much fuss. We have great public transport links in the area with Tiverton Parkway train station just 15 minutes away and National Express coaches coming into nearby Tiverton and Exeter.
A beautiful seaside village built around a small cove with deck chairs and beach huts for hire. It's pebble beach is home to it's small fleet of traditional fishing boats. Great pubs, a lovely atmosphere and a beautiful place to take dip in the ocean.
A small village that leads down to a national trust beach. It's got a great pub and a small cafe on the shore.
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Max. occupancy: 7
- pets considered
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our cottages are fully equipped for you to be able to put your feet up and enjoy your stay here in the beautiful Devon countryside. All of our guests also have the use of our communal spaces including a 24' heated indoor swimming pool, a games room and a spacious conservatory with views across our duckpond. Games Room & Playground Our games will keep you entertained for hours with table football, pool and table tennis. For the younger children we have plenty of toys and there is lots of room to spread out and play to your hearts content. Conservatory We have a beautiful conservatory here at the farm with French doors that open onto decking overhanging our large duckpond. It's a great place to open a book or enjoy a glass of wine in the sunshine and it even has a log burner for when the evening chill comes along. The conservatory has a selection of arm chairs and many books and games along with access to the WiFi here at the farm. Outside: Swimming Pool Our 24' heated indoor swimming pool is just the place to entertain the whole family or relax with a gentle dip. Situated across from the cottages in its own stone building our pool is a saltwater environment which we feel is less harmful than traditional chemicals. The pool house has its own changing facilities, shower and is wheelchair accessible. It also has a glass frontage with views across the countryside and onto the Blackdowns. Outside We also have an outside play area with swings, a Wendy house and a sandpit.