Cottage at Gwyndy, near. Caernarfon, N. Wales - Ideally Located For Exploring Snowdonia And Anglesey
We offer a two-storey detached stone cottage well equipped and of great character, in a quiet rural location but very conveniently placed for visiting North Wales major attractions. The "Coach House" has three bedrooms and will sleep up to 8. The cottage has electric heating with radiators in all rooms, but also in the living room an open fire with unlimited supplies of logs provided from our own woodland here at Gwyndy. There is plenty of private parking and the property has a lawned back garden with a gas barbecue and table and benches for eating out. A country pub in easy walking distance serves excellent food ( and good beer!). We are situated a mile above the yachting village of Port Dinorwic (Felinheli) and centrally located for exploring the mountains of Snowdonia, the Isle of Anglesey with its superb beaches, the historic towns of Caernarfon, Beaumaris and Conway all have fine medieval castles to visit and there are two major National Trust properties within 6 miles. Llanberis, situated at the foot of Snowdon, is only five miles away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I married my husband Gareth, a restorer of antiques and vintage cars, 46 years ago, and we have owned "Gwyndy" for most of that time. I worked in the antiques business specialising in antique ceramics and have just completed my third novel, yet to be published. I enjoy walking and cookery.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a wonderful time in your beautiful home and lovely rooms.
Colleen and Geoff Stobbe, San Francisco.
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
I wanted somewhere for friends to help me celebrate a special birthday, and this place was everything I'd hoped for. The layout works perfectly for a group of friends, with plenty of social space without everyone being crammed in one room. The kitchen is well equipped and the en suite shower is great! I'd definitely recommend this cottage to others.
Beautiful cottage in a stunning location
Great weekend away. 4 adults and 3 children under 3.
The cottage was clean and tidy, it was comfortable and had everything you need.
3 double bedrooms, 2 with single beds in as well.
Open fire was great, and the gardens well maintained and a nice sun trap in the afternoon and evening.
I will definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone
Very comfortable and well appointed
This lovely cottage well exceeded our expectations both in its setting and facilities. It is a perfect base for sight seeing as well as organised activities for the family. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. We would have no hesitation in recommending this property.
Home from Home
Directions supplied by the owners took us straight to the property. Lovely setting in a secluded location. Owner greeted us on arrival and showed us all around. Very clean and well maintained. Three lovely double/triple bedrooms one with en suite. All facilities including a well equipped kitchen, television, DVD player and WiFi. Lovely lounge area with wood burning fire and plenty of wood available. Conservatory at the back with great views of surrounding woodland. Ideal for breakfast and other meals. Plenty of space outside for childeren (or dogs) including owners field. Great place to use as a base for exploring the local area around Snowdon etc. Owners so friendly and go out of their way to help visitors feel at home and have a great stay. Will definitely stay again in the future. Smaller property on same site looks equally as inviting.
Excellent cottage. It had everything you needed, and when it said it could sleep 8 it meant it - no sofabed in sight!. The cottage was clean and very well managed. The owner provided excellent customer service. The log burning fire was great. Would definitely recommend. The tiny thing to watch, and purely for young hands, was the storage heaters got very hot but you could switch them off. Would definitely recommend.
From the Owner
“We both fell in love with "Gwyndy" when first we saw it in 1970, despite it's then overgrown and derelict state. It is in a quiet and secluded spot in the countryside, yet despite the peaceful location it's not remote, the Brittania bridge on to the Isle of Anglesey where there are superb beaches, is only 4 miles away, and Llanberis, the village at the foot of Mount Snowdon, about 5 miles. "Gwyndy" is situated only 4 miles from the North Wales Expressway which connects with the motorway network, so we can drive to Chester, Liverpool or Manchester in a surprisingly short time.”
Activity and Interests
About 1 mile to the seafront and yacht harbour at Felinheli on the Menai Straits. Excellent bathing beaches on the Isle of Anglesey about 20 minutes drive or south of Caernarfon at Dinas Dinlle.
Nearest airport John Lennon, Liverpool is 90 miles. Car hire recommended.
Nearest village Bethel, about 1 1/2 miles mile. Country pub with good food 2/3 mile pleasant walk. Further restaurants in Felinheli and Port Dinorwic about 2 miles away. Historic medieval castle in Caernarfon 3 1/2 miles, two major National Trust properties at Penrhyn Castle and Plas Newydd within 7 miles. Brittania road bridge onto the Isle of Anglesey 4 miles. The University City of Bangor which has good shopping facilities with major supermarkets represented is four miles away.
Although "Gwyndy" is situated off a quiet rural byeway and surrounded by quite wild countryside, we are very centrally located for exploring North Wales top destinations in Snowdonia and the Isle of Anglesey.
Europe's longest Zip Wire at Bethesda is only ten minutes drive from "Gwyndy".
All major Banks are represented in Caernarfon four miles from here, plus large Morrison's supermarket. Major shopping centre at Bangor, 5 miles away and the beautiful Victorian seaside town of Llandudno, arguably the finest resort on the West Coast, has an excellent range of High Street shops including many independent boutiques is an easy 25 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A twenty five percent deposit secures the booking, we will invoice you for the balance which is payable six weeks prior to your arrival. Please enquire about booking procedure for late and 'last minute' bookings.
Flexible to suit you, please ask us for what you require.
Notes on prices:
"Coach House" is available for short breaks throughout the year subject to availability and costs £100 per night with a minimum charge for a three night stay of £300. You are welcome to come for a shorter period, but these minimum charges would still apply. Weekly rental for "Coach House" £580.
Please note that we DO NOT supply towels unless by special request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Everybody who stays here remarks on the peaceful feel of Gwyndy, which makes it a perfect base for a relaxing holiday. The old stone buildings standing in lawned gardens with woodlands beyond add to this sense of calm, and you won't believe how many of our guests have asked if they could buy the place ! We like to walk through the countryside to the friendly pub on the crossroads about two-thirds of a mile away. If you book a table on the gallery there you can have a grandstand view of Snowdonia whilst enjoying good food . Both of the Gwyndy cottages have open fires for which we supply unlimited quantities of logs from our own woodland, plus instructions on how to light them for the UN-initiated !”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Wash hand basin included
- The second bathroom which is downstairs has a bath with shower over it, washbasin and lavatory.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, Cot provided by prior request
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: "Coach House" sleeps up to 8 in three bedrooms. Notes on bedrooms: It has three bedrooms.The master bedroom has one double bed and is en-suite with large 'walk in' shower, wash hand basin and lavatory.The other two bedrooms are upstairs and each has one double and one single bed in it.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The "Coach House" is situated at Gwyndy, an historic former farmstead off a minor country lane about one mile above the yachting village of Felinheli (Port Dinorwic) on the Menai Straits which separate North Wales from the Isle of Anglesey. The cottage is detached and has a private garden. We supply all bedding and linen with the exception of towels. There is unlimited private parking. The cottage is electrically heated with radiators in all rooms and also has open log fire for which we supply logs from our own woodlands. For weekly bookings the change over day is normally Saturday, but we try to be flexible and can often make arrangements to suit you, please ask! For further information and a virtual tour of both cottages at Gwyndy, please click on the 'Owner's Website' link at the bottom of this page. Outside: Outside there is a large rear lawned garden with mature established trees and woodland beyond. There is a picnic table, benches and a gas barbecue. To the side of the cottage is a gravelled parking area with plenty of space for two or more cars. Utility Room: New this year: Utility room with Hotpoint washing machine, full size freezer, utility sink unit plus secure storage for bicycles, luggage etcetera. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We provide all linen with the exception of towels. Other: Coach House is detached stone cottage of great character with externally side and rear gardens, table and benches for eating out, gas barbecue and unlimited private parking.The cottage has electric heating throughout with a radiator in every room.