House in Watermillock, Ullswater, Lake District, Cumbria, England - Peaceful Quiet Setting, Lots Of Bird And Wildlife For Country Enthusiasts. Private Woodland Walk
Wonderful country location near Ullswater!
Situated in a magical setting within 25 acres of woodland, fields and gardens and lakes this large comfortable holiday home made of traditional Lakeland stone with all bedrooms fully ensuite is perfect for country lovers and wildlife enthusiasts. Set around an attractive paved courtyard with fish-pond it is peacefully located adjacent to the owners home and stands a few yards from one of two private lakes. Behind the property is a private 18 acres wood with woodland walks for relaxation, birdwatching or wildlife spotting. This wonderful setting on the slopes of Little Mell Fell is only 1.5 miles from Ullswater, which is the second largest of the lakes but arguable the most dramatic with mountains sweeping down to the shoreline from every viewpoint. There is much to see and do in the area, walking, cycling, boating, fishing touring. The lakeside village of Pooley Bridge and the charming market town of Penrith are within easy reach.
Top Traveller Review
Great location and very peaceful setting.
About the Owner
Roy and Barbara Murphy the owners of Land Country Lodge have live in their adjacent home for over 25 years and have had a great deal of experience in running the business. We have considerable knowledge of the local area and are keen fell walkers, gardeners, sailors and music lovers. We live on site and may be here during your stay but keep a low profile and are happy to help only if asked. We are on hand though if you have a problem and work hard to get things sorted out promptly. We are dog lovers so welcome your well behaved pet. Our own dog, a border collie is very old (15 now) but loves have people around!! We want you to enjoy visiting this beautiful corner of the Lake district!
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have been letting our property for 5 years on a self catering basis and have had lots of happy parties many who have returned twice and even 3 times!
4.6 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
Great location and very peaceful setting.
Land Ends is ideal for a large gathering, we celebrated an 85th birthday party and the accommodation is much more spacious than the photos suggest. The owner is on site if any problems arise but we didn't have any, as the property was clean and had everything required for catering for a large party. The only downer was our stay was too short!
spacious, well equiped and comfortable
We Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Land Ends Lodge. The location was peaceful and made all of our objectives possible. Easy reach of Ullswater for a boat trip, Windermere and Coniston for swimming and boating and Hadrians wall for history. The house was well equipped and spacious. Beds were comfortable. Bigger and better than the pictures show.
Fantastic Location, Fantastic House
Booked the House for a gathering with friends and family.
We were welcomed by Barbara and was shown the House and facilities, we were then left to enjoy our break.
The Lodge is equipped with everything you could want and more, there is ample space for all and everyone in the party commented on how clean the house was and how excellent the House was fitted out.
All the bedrooms being en suite is great and meant no one had to wait for any facilities.
We all loved the space we had and spent most of the weekend relaxing in the house.
We had no issues during our stay and I would highly recommend booking this fantastic house for a large group, in fact we looking to go back sometime next year!!!!
Had a family weekend - nobody had a negative to say about the property. What we particularly liked was that all bedrooms were en-suite and there were two lounges to enable us to have separate space when needed. It had a big kitchen, with catering size oven - very useful for serving 16!
Large grounds that we could roam around freely. Quiet spot but conveniently placed for Ullswater and Keswick
Wonderful location for a get-together
We found this property to be in an ideal location, the description was accurate, the directions were spot on too. The area is pretty and access to main routes is easy. The accommodation is comfortable, clean, spacious and well presented. The large kitchen was well equipped and allowed our group to eat together. We had a couple of issues, one was dealt with quickly by the owners and another which couldn't be, but it didn't detract at all from our enjoyment. I would definitely recommend this property to friends and relatives, in fact, I am considering suggesting Land Ends Counrty Lodge for another large group. We visited Lowther Castle which may or may not be my ancestral home, some of our menfolk enjoyed a game of golf at Keswick Golf Club, we visited Pooley Bridge which is so pretty and Keswick, which has a lovely atmosphere and lots of gorgeous shops. I would love to go back there. Oh and the chip shop chips are amazing!!
Home for a very happy family!
We were a family group of 14, from 9 - 71years, 6 were teenagers (plus 1 dog). We really loved the location,and the facilities exceeded our expectations in every way. Our group arrived in three stages and each reacted in amazement at having such a place.The owners were completely helpful yet unobtrusive and made us feel welcome. Activities included kayaking on Ullswater and fell walking. We had a wonderful holiday and would happily return to Land Ends.
From the Owner
“We love this area which is why we are still living at Land ends. It is a great place, quiet, peaceful. The only noise is the sound of the birds and the wind. Yet within twenty minutes we can be off up a mountain and regularly climb the hill behind Land Ends itself!”
Activity and Interests
The West Cumbrian coast is an hour away
Newcasttle airport is the nearest. 1.5 hours drive
Pooley Bridge is the nearest village, 10 minutes drive away.
Glenridding at the other end of Ullswater is 15 minutes drive away
Penrith is the nearest town for shopping 12 minutes drive away
Brackenrigg Inn the nearest put is 1.5 miles away either 40 minute walk or a short drive
Land Ends is within easy access of the motorway M6 junction 40. 10 minutes drive
From Land ends it is easy to travel around the Lake District to Windermere (40 mins), Keswick (20 mins)
Penrith has plenty of supermarkets, Morrisons, Booths, Sainsburys. There are plentiful restaurants and pubs, banks, dentists, vets etc. we are lucky to have a small hospital and there is a larger hospital in Carlisle.
For leisure there is so much to do. The fells are within easy reach of the property for easy or strenuous walks. There are plenty of bike trails, a swimming pool in Penrith plus out door swimming pools in nearby villages. There are historic country houses such as Dalemain and Hutton in the Forest plus animal parks for children. Boats can be hired on Ullswater and there are steamer trips year round up and down the lake. We provide plenty of local information and there re tourist information centres in Penrith, Pooley Bridge and Glenridding.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Sep 2016 - 20 Oct 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
21 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
First email us with your preferred dates and no. of people in your party. Telephone enquiries are also acceptable. Once we confirm your booking you will be asked to send a deposit cheque of 30% of the total. We will issue a receipt and booking form. the balance is due 6 weeks before your arrival date. You will also be asked to pay a damage deposit of £200 in the form of a cheque. this will be refunded once we have re cleaned and checked the property.
Friday is our preferred changeover day but will consider other dates and are happy to give quotes for bookings of less than a week.
Check in time is 4.30pm
Check out time is 10.00am
Notes on prices:
We are happy to give quotes for stays of less than a week other than in high season. Please email or telephone for a quote. Thank you
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- All bathrooms have either a bath or shower, toilet and wash basin and are fully tiled. Room 1 BATH Room 2 SHOWER Room 3 BATH Room 4 BATH Room 5 SHOWER and BATH Room 6 SHOWER ROOM 7 SHOWER ROOM 8 SHOWER There are 2 separate toilets downstairs ROO
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (9 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 large twin ensuite Bedroom 2 single ensuite Bedroom 3 single ensuite Bedroom 4 double ensuite Bedroom 5 large double ensuite Bedrooms 6 and 7 double ensuites Bedroom 8 dramatic four poster room ensuite Bedroom 9 large double ensuite
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is centrally heated throughout using our state of the art biomass heating system and is warm year round. There is ample parking adjacent to the property. 2 pets are welcome and there are woodland walks from the doorstep to exercise your dog. There are four bedrooms upstairs. All other rooms are on the ground floor. Outside: The grounds have plenty of grass, seating for relaxing outside and there is plenty of room for a BBQ. There is some outdoor furniture under the pergola and outside the dining room. The lakes are an attraction for those who enjoy a stroll in the morning. the owners property is adjacent but we are non intrusive throughout your stay and are sometimes away. Utility Room: Clothes airer, hoover, boot rack, coat hanging rack, BBQ, cleaning materials, hair dryer, ironing board and iron Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included plus tea towels, dish cloths etc. The property is cleaned at the end of the letting period. Other: There is a large tiled entrance hall with boot rack and wood panelling coat hanging space. Useful for any outdoor gear.