Cottage in Thornton le Clay, York, Yorkshire, England - Peaceful Village Location Close To Lovely Countryside
Wood Cottage is situated in a quiet village. It was formerly used as a workshop and saw mill on a small farming plot and used to include a farmyard and barn. The latter space now provides an attractive garden. There is a sense of privacy but countryside walks and a pub are close by. There is a historic church about half a mile away. Comfortable accommodation would suit a family or small group.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Beaches on the Yorkshire coast are around 1 hour away. Resorts include Filey, Scarborough, Whitby and Robin Hoods Bay. They have all the usual seaside facilities and fine coastal walks.
Leeds/Bradford airport is about 1hour away, Manchester a little more.
Excellent train services to York from London and Edinburgh, about 2 hours, easy train access from Midlands, South West, East Anglia and Scotland.
Some local buses.
Use of a car is recommended but not essential.
Castle Howard, magnificent stately home, gardens, shops, garden centre, lake, playground ... 4 miles drive; could walk or cycle there.
Historic York with city walls, Minster, museums, attractions including big wheel ...about 13 miles but only 20 minute drive.
Pickering for N.York Moors Railway (steam) about 10 miles drive.
Coast for beaches, cliff paths, about 30 miles drive.
A few miles away are villages with shops, PO and a bank. The nearest town of Malton (8 miles) has a wider range and a station. York has fine shops, restaurants, banks, taxis, a station. Monks Cross outside York (10 miles) has very large stores and supermarkets, also a swimming pool.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
When the booking arrangement is made, a deposit of £100 is asked for; the remainder payable during the stay.
Notes on prices:
Half-weeks also available:
weekend Fri. - Sun. (3 nights) £250 Mon. - Fri. (4 nights) £250.
Weekend Fri. - Sun. (3 nights) £200 Mon. - Fri. (4 nights) £200.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 has shower, wc and wash basin. Bathroom 2 has bath, wc and washbasin. Both have heated towel rails.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has king-sized bed. En-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 has two single beds. Cot and other baby equipment available.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 4
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Large garden, mainly grass. Flowers in border, fruit trees by parking area and beech hedge along one side. Wide driveway and ample parking/turning space. Patio with table and chairs; barbecue and garden toys available. Plenty of playing space for children. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer. Sink and cleaning materials. Vacuum cleaner iron, board and clothes airer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The cottage is cleaned and prepared with all bed linen and towels. Fresh towels on request.