House in Fearnan, Nr. Aberfeldy, Central Scotland, Scotland - Peaceful Location In A Stunning Setting With Easy Access To Restaurants, Shops And Attractions
Ben Macdui is located at Shoreside, a new small luxury holiday development on the waterfront of the North side of Loch Tay 3 miles west of Kenmore and 2 miles south of historic Fortingall. This contemporary development offers comforts and luxury in a stunning location with easy access to a wide range of amenities. Ben Macdui is suitable for year round breaks with a log burning stove for cosy evenings and uninterrupted loch views. Water sport enthusiasts will appreciate the range of sailing, canoeing water ski ing and white water rafting boat hire and fishing facilities. There is wide choice of forest, glen and waterfall walks with several starting from the doorstep whilst experienced hill walkers are spoilt for choice with seven munroes within 10 miles. Golfers will find many attractive courses close by welcoming guests. The attractive market towns of Aberfeldy and Crieff are close by with Galleries, antiques, distilleries and even a restored vintage cinema open daily.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
A small shingle and grass beach for the use of Shoreside guests is opposite the property. Swimming and paddling is possible from the beach the water is very clear and warm enough for swimming in the summer(a good summer that is) . The bay is pebble based so jelly shoes or flip flops are useful or wellies for the kids in the cooler weather
A sand and shingle Loch side beach at Kenmore 3 miles east.
Air - Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness Airports are 1.5-2hrs drive
Rail the nearest train stations are Pitlochry and Dunkeld serving the east . Tyndrum and Crianlarch are about 30mins drive and give access to the west. The train routes are very scenic and useful if you would like to see more of Scotland but dont want to drive .
Kenmore 3 miles
Aberfeldy 9 miles
Killin 13 miles
Pitlochry 26 miles
The pretty village of Kenmore is 3 miles away,here there is a Post Office and Spar Shop, a deli and gift shop and 4 restaurants. The Marina has recently opened with stunning views reasonably priced menu breakfast ,lunch and Dinner in a waterfront contemporary setting with fantastic sunsets and views over the mountain ranges. It is next door to the Crannog Centre an award winning visitors centre with a programme of events for families .
There are number of Forestry Commission marked ways for biking and walking starting in and around Kenmore and golf and fishing. A full range of shops banks restaurants ,cinema, cafes galleries and book shop at Aberfeldy 9 Miles.
The Birks Cinema in Aberfeldy has recently been restored and provides a 100 seat 3D auditorium . The Cinema is open 7 days a week screening the latest releases and classic films. The programme includes live streaming of theatre , opera and ballet and festivals . See www.birkscinema.co.uk for the full programme and prices.
Boat and canoe,wind surfing and cycle hire is available in Kenmore and at the new Marina.
on the outskirts of Kenmore,tuition is available.
Highland Safari is available approximately 5 miles from Shoreside and there are a range of attractive cafes and restaurants dotted around the circular route to Aberfeldy. Visit the Blacksmiths gallery on the way to Aberfeldy near Coshieville for some unusual and desirable art and garden sculptures .
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Bookings can be made directly with Angela Penfold who manages the property for us. See contact details.
Angela will be available for and questions or assistance that you might need during your stay at Ben Macdui.
A 25% deposit is required to confirm your booking with the balance due 8 weeks prior to arrival. Check in is 4pm and check out 10am on the day of departure.
Fridays are the main change over day with full weeks and short weekend breaks starting Friday for 3 days
mid week breaks 4 nights start on Mondays Prices range from £395in low season-£540 in high season and £700 for 4 days in the Christmas break. All prices include heating and power and a starter bag of logs.
Some flexibility is available please enquire
Notes on prices:
enquire by e mail for details of any current special offers
10% discount available at all times for returning guests
Debit or Credit Card or Bank Transfer
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs Bathrooms En-suite shower room to bedroom 1 with WC Spacious family bathroom with bath,WC and a separate double shower enclosure. Upstairs Cloakroom WC and wash hand basin-off living area
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 king sized bed en-suite shower room built in double wardrobe and generous drawer storage. Country views Bedroom 2 (adjacent to the family bathroom)Twin singles built in wardrobe generous drawer storage. Loch views
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Sorry but we do not take pets Outside: Large balcony off the living area with extensive views over the loch and surrounding hills. Furnished with a large round folding table and stackable chairs for outdoor dining and a steamer chair. Additional folding chairs, large parasol, mats and cushions stored indoors. The property is in private communal grounds surrounded by large grassed areas suitable for outdoor games. A small stream flows through the property on the eastern boundary. The western fenced boundary is adjacent to open fields usually with grazing sheep and lambs. Directly opposite the property there is a private grassed area for the use of all guests and a pebble/grassy beach and small concrete pier. Guests have non migratory fishing rights and barbecues and picnics can be set up in this area. The waterfront is ideal for children to play supervised at the edge of the shallow water in wellies, or bare toes depending on the weather. Swimming and kayaking can also be enjoyed here. Utility Room: iron /ironing board clothes airer wash basket cleaning materials vacuum cleaner Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly cleaning and linen change all towels and linen provided other than beach towels (additional linen change/cleaning on request). Gas heating and electricity included in the rental price and 1 starter bag of logs with kindling. Other: Vestibule with storage and hanging space for outdoor wear. Wide selection of DVDs,books including cookbooks and maps and a selection CDs, games and magazines. Picnic Cool bag, mats and outdoor games and portable parasol