House in Villefranche de Lonchat, Near St Emilion & Bergerac, Dordogne - Located In A Quiet Street, Lovely Swimming Lake With Beach 5 Minutes Away By Car.
La Maison de Manon, our charming, spacious and well equipped village house, is beautifully decorated and we hope you will immediately feel relaxed and comfortable.
The house has the added bonus of being 5 minutes away by car, from a lovely swimming lake, Le lac de Gurson.
Amenities in the village include a restaurant "L'un des sens" and a bar-restaurant with live music "La Cave des Chevaliers", bakery, grocery, pharmacy, post office and cash point are all within walking distance and you will experience “Real French Life” at its very best. The house has traditional shutters and thick stone walls which retains the heat in winter and keep the house cool in summer. The floors downstairs are tiled and the wooden floors upstairs are painted a light grey. The pretty courtyard is a good size and is accessed by large double doors from the sitting room.
About the Owner
Hello! We are Nell & Gérard and we met in Brighton 11 years ago. Gérard originates from Aix en Provence and Nell, from Bath. Ironic as the two towns are twinned. Gérard worked in the music industry in London for many years and now teaches French. Nell is a furniture designer and has a business called CoucouManou. We have a daughter called Manon...hence the name of the house...who is 11 years old and because of living in France for two and a half years, is bi-lingual. We now live near Bath, UK.
Guestbook comments from the owner
05 June 2013
“Perfect holiday home in bastide with amenities on your doorstep”
A lovely holiday home - modern and clean, with everything you expect to find. The weather was unkind to us so we didn't use the courtyard, but we could see that it would have been a suntrap. The town is surrounded by vineyards so all was good. The shop a few steps away sold our breakfast and the bar (Les Temps de Cerises) was welcoming and served tasty and interesting food. It also had free wifi.
06 Sep 2012
“A small slice of French village life”
With two children aged 8 and 10 and booking last minute we were restricted for choice. We were lucky to find this house in a little French village, one church, two cafes and 10 steps to the little corner shop and boulangerie. The real joy in the summer heat was having a lake nearby. It was clean, not too busy, and perfect place to cool down. The house itself has been really tastefully decorated with all amenities and we had a very pleasant week there.
From the Owner
“We moved to the area in January 2009 with our daughter Manon, who was 5 at the time. We knew Bordeaux previously and thought it would be a good area to re-locate to. We moved back to the UK in 2011 and will possibly move back when we retire! I loved seeing the vines grow throughout the seasons and going to fetes to celebrate the harvest, as well as lots of other things. There are some great marked walks and I loved coming across little hamlets that seemed only accessible by footpaths. I miss picking and using the abundance of fruit growing on trees, the beautiful back roads and coming across houses selling their produce and old folks sitting out in the sun. The area is ideal as it isn't too far from the city of Bordeaux, which we love..”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ste FOY-LA-GRANDE MARKET is FRANCE'S BEST MARKET 2014
"Le lac de Gurson" is 5 minutes away by car or half an hours walk. This is a lovely swimming lake with a white sandy beach, a playground area for children, a picnic area, restaurants and a ranch. Free entrance.
"Le Lac de la Jemaye" is 30 minutes away by car north of Montpon. Again, a lovely swimming lake with a great kids play area and restaurants. Free entrance.
"The Atlantic Coast" and "La Dune de Pyla" the largest sand dune in Europe, are 1 and a half - 2 hours away.
Bergerac: 50 mins
Bordeaux: 1 hour
Montpon-Menesterol: 10 mins
Ste Foy La Grande: 35 mins
Caen: 560 kms
Dunkerque: 750 kms
Car is not essential as there is everything in the village but is recommended.
St Emilion - World Heritage Site and renowned as a wine region - 30 minutes by car.
Bordeaux - 1 hour by car.
Bergerac - 45 minutes by car.
Ste Foy la Grande - Saturday morning market rated in Top 100 French markets - 25 minutes by car.
Montcaret - Gallo Roman Villa - 25 minutes by car.
St Michel de Montaigne - House of Montaigne - 25 minutes by car.
The nearest supermarket and petrol station is at Montpon which is a 15 minute drive from the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Please contact Nell and Gérard. We don't bite!
- We can accept payments by bank transfer in GBP, PayPal or Online booking.
- Bookings are normally accepted from Saturday to Saturday.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Saturday preferred but we are reasonably flexible. Just ask.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“One of the best things about our house is the fact that it's right in the middle of the village and everything really is on your doorstep. There are the 2 bar restaurants which both serve really good & well priced food as well as the bakery for your fresh baguettes and croissants. The interior is really stylish and we've shopped specifically for the house so it isn't filled with random bits of furniture like so many other gites. "Le Lac de Gurson" a swimming lake and beach really close by is a great place to spend a hot sunny day.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- live theatre
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with Shower and WC. Stylish sink with unit below for storage. Heated towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Child Bed, 1 Cot, 2 singles, 1 Comfortable collapsible bed and a travel cot.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 spacious bedrooms. Front bedroom with 1 King size Bed and 2 fitted wardrobes. Back bedroom with 2 Single Beds and the option of another bed (collapsible bed that has a decent mattress). Good sized chest of drawers.
- Notes on accommodation: We are happy to accept dogs but they must stay downstairs. WI FI is available in both bars in the village. Codes available upon booking. Chilled bottle of wine will be found in the fridge upon arrival! On street or parking bays very close by. Please note that the staircase has no door at the bottom so please take care with younger children. The fridge has a freezer compartment. Cyclists welcome. Bikes can be stored in the secure outhouse. Outside: The beautiful and quiet courtyard at the rear of the house, catches the sun all day into the evening. The courtyard is approximately 32 m2 and the outdoor furniture consists of a table, 6 chairs with cushions and a large parasol. The classic old barbecue is stored in the outhouse Utility Room: The outhouse is accessed by the courtyard and contains a washing machine, clothes horse, big parasol and base, courtyard chairs, barbecue, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen. Towels and linen are included. Cleaning the property after your stay is included in the holiday price. Beach towels are left in the outhouse. Please wash after use.