House in Fishguard, Pembrokeshire, Wales - Central Location In Beautiful Pembrokeshire. Ideal For Family Holidays
Puffin House is a delightful mid-19th century Grade II listed coastguard cottage, within a few minutes' walk of Fishguard town centre with shops, pubs, galleries, restaurants, modern leisure centre, small theatre/cinema and library - where the Tapestry depicting scenes from the last invasion of Britain hangs.
About the Owner
My husband and I bought this cottage after the arrival of our first child - for family holidays. We have always loved Pembrokeshire, and a holiday here gives us a welcome escape from the pressures of work and school life. When we visit, now with three children, we try to spend as much time as possible outdoors - on the beaches, walking coastal paths, and in the hills.
From the Owner
“We feel Fishguard and its people have a special quality. As a market town, Fishguard provides a range of amenities, whilst being in the Pembrokeshire National Park provides easy access to a wide variety of outdoor pursuits.”
Activity and Interests
Lower Town harbour is just 10 minutes walk, and the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path passes 100m from the cottage. Good beaches nearby are Pwll Gwaelod (5 miles).
Nearest station: Fishguard and Goodwick (2km)
Nearest port: Fishguard (Stena Line)
Travelling From Fishguard Town Centre take the A487 towards Cardigan. The road takes a sharp left turn after about 200yds. Follow the road around the bend and Puffin House is the mid-terrace property on right hand side of road. You can usually find a parking spot on Tower Hill (just before you reach the house).
Haverfordwest - 14 miles
The farmers' market is every Thursday and alternate Saturday in the Town Hall.
It's a short walk to the picturesque harbour of Lower Town; the location for the film 'Under Milk Wood' starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.
A perfect base from which to explore Pembrokeshire, with its Coastal Path a few minutes' walk away and coastal walker shuttle buses. St David's, Newport, the Gwaun Valley, Strumble Head, and many beaches and coves dotted along the stunning coastline - including Pwll Gwaelod, Cwm-yr-Eglwys and Newport are well worth visiting. There are several traditional pubs nearby.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Contact me to check and confirm booking. Deposit of 20% payable on booking, with balance payable 28 days before arrival.
Changeover day is Friday - arrival after 4pm, departure by 10am.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottage is comfortable and well equipped, providing a great welcome and base for families or couples.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The spacious bathroom has a free-standing roll-top bath, sink, wc and illuminated mirror. Shower-room with shower cubicle, wc and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom is furnished with a leather super-king sleigh-bed, decorative Victorian fireplace and large vanity unit with light/shaver point. Bedroom 2 has an antique French double bed and Victorian fireplace. Bedroom 3 has white wooden bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Other information There is gas central heating throughout – included in the rental from May to September and charged for at a flat rate of £35 a week at all other times (included in the rates per week). Towels available for hire at £3 per week. A stair gate is provided for the landing, and another for the downstairs hall. Two bed side-panels, high chair and travel cot are also available. Sorry - no pets and no smoking. Outside: To the front of the cottage, there is a paved and railed area with a wooden picnic bench and garden seat. To the rear, there is a small area for table and chairs and a footpath leading from Tower Hill, where there is ample parking. Utility Room: Washing machine in the rear hall. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All the beds will be made up with fresh linen with duvets for your arrival. Other: The dining room opens through to the kitchen for social cooking and dining. Natural black slate floors in both, open fire place, stylish furniture, small sofa, oak dining table to seat 8 and wall mounted LCD TV.