Villa in Tallante, Cartagena, Murcia, Spain - Set On The Edge Of The Village Of Tallante And Only 15 Minutes From The Bustling City Of Cartagena
This stunning country house is furnished and fitted out to an extremely high standard and offers comfortable accommodation in a peaceful yet accessible rural location. The property offers 3 double bedrooms plus a twin bed annexe. Family bathroom. En-Suite to Bedroom 1 and Annexe Bedroom. Fully-fitted kitchen. Lounge. Annexe lounge. 9m x 4m Swimming Pool. Bar. Outside kitchen area. BBQ. Fully enclosed 3m x 4m gazebo. Shaded parking area. Set in the countryside with views of the surrounding hills. 15 minute drive to the historic city of Cartagena with all amenities. 15 minutes from the coast. Approx 30 minutes from Murcia (San Javier) Airport and 80 minutes from Alicante Airport. Please note that a car is essential.
Top Traveller Review
The perfect family retreat
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
What a great holiday we had! The villa is lovely and has EVERYTHING we needed. I won’t take so much next time!! The pool was brilliant. Sitting outside at night and the Midnight swims…. Wow!! Can’t wait for next year!!
Margaret, Jim and kids. Dumfries.
Peace and tranquillity in a beautiful villa was just what we needed. Well-equipped and spotless. The location is great for sight-seeing too. Great access to the motorways. The House Managers were extremely welcoming and helpful. Had a wonderful time, thank you.
Carol and Len. Gillingham, Kent.
Lived the dream for a fortnight!! Best holiday ever!! Great weather, great food, great accommodation and cheap drink!! All six of us are going to keep this place our little secret!! We’re going to look at dates for next year straight away!! Bring on the Sangria and the pool! Viva Espana!
Ray, Ann, Paul, Chris, Trisha and Neil. Birmingham.
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
The perfect family retreat
If you sre looking for some r&r this is the place. It is quiet, spacious with a fab pool area and lovely gardens. The outdoor kitchen and eating area are perfect for a lazy Mediterranean evening bbq. Just heaven!
Fabulous villa wonderful for big family holiday
This beautiful villa exceeded my expectations. We were a large family with kids/grandkids of various ages, enough room for everyone to have their own space when some quiet time needed. No neighbours near enough to have to worry about noise. The villa was super equipped with everything anybody could need. Owner extremely helpful, + local people (English gardeners) on hand should help/advise be needed. Would fully recommend to others and our family hope to return next year.
Thank you Mrs Adams for allowing us to share your lovely home.
My husband and I and our 4 year old daughter stayed here for one week. What an amazing place to stay! The Villa had everything we needed, it was more than we expected! Our daughter loved the pool! and at night we sat out and watched the sun go down and stars come out which became a daily ritual. All amenities were a short drive away ie beach, restaurants, shops etc. Terra Natura which is a water park/zoo was about 40 minutes away, and another larger water park in Vera was about 1 hour drive away. Perfect for days trips. We had a brilliant time!! We'll definitely be coming back:)
We are a family of six with children all still in primary school so finding a villa to fit our needs and in a price range we can afford is no easy task and to make it it that bit harder we were wanting somewhere our friends could come and join us for a week with their two small children! Having found this villa was just what we wanted. From the minute we arrived it felt like home. The size of the accommodation works brilliantly for families or groups of people, we never felt that space was an issue (even when some more friends joined us for the day so there were 14 folk there!) The children loved the pool and when they were not in the pool, we enjoyed endless games of hid and seek in the grounds, villa and bedsit.
As a parent one of my main worries is always the safety of the children but I could relax and enjoy every moment of the peaceful environment, as once the gates were shut I knew the children could run round and enjoy themselves.
The area is so very very relaxing with some lovely views but is only a short drive from the airport, some lovely villages and a wonderful town next to the sea where we spent a number of days enjoying the beach and sea.
I can not recommend this villa enough, it's extremely comfortable and clean, it really is a perfect holiday location and we have already booked for 2015!
Fantastic times August 2014
We have had a fantastic time this summer at the Villa. The accommodation is clean and well presented and the facilities fabulous. We used the BBQ regularly and also enjoyed paella in the shaded area in the evenings too. A particular highlight for us was the pool and bar area which we used probably a little too regularly!! The pool is a perfect size and the garden very pretty. We enjoyed the privacy of the quiet location and as we hired cars also took advantage of the historic town of Cartegena, the busy restaurants and bars of Mazarron and the picturesque country park in the mountains of Totana. We didn't want to leave and will definately visit again. Thank you very much.
The photos of this villa are exactly as it is and so much more. There is more than enough cooking equipment and everything was so clean and tidy. There were 10 (7 adults and 3 children) in our party and we were all very comfortable and we all used the pool every day. The bedrooms are really big and very, very comfortable and the lounge was excellent. The surrounding area is very picturesque and the villa was very east to find from the directions given. We visited Cartegana and Mazzaron a few times and both areas are beautiful. I would highly recommend this villa to anybody and have no doubt that my family and myself would use this villa again in the near future. If you want a holiday of peace and quiet with easy access to the towns with fantastic accommodation then this is the place to go. Fabulous.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Quad biking, canoeing and walks in the Sierra Espuna National Park approximately 50 minute drive.
Water sports and boat trips are available in Puerto de Mazarron, Los Alcazares, Cartagena and La Manga.
Puerto de Mazarron: 15 - 20 mins drive; long sandy beach with all the facilities of a beach resort and a splendid marina.
Isla Plana: 20 mins drive; small beach with a pleasant wooden promenade and a few restaurants.
Mar Menor/Los Alcazares: 30 mins drive; beautiful blue flag beaches ideal for children with all the facilities of a beach resort.
Murcia (San Javier) Airport 30 mins. Alicante Airport approx. 80 mins depending on the traffic. For travellers by road it is approx. a 10 hour drive from the Portsmouth to Santander/Bilbao ferry.
The ancient Roman city of Cartagena, home to the legendary Hannibal, is 15 mins drive. Many sites open to the public and bicycles are also available from the town hall on production of a passport. La Manga is 35 mins drive. Benidorm is just over 2 hours away. The Alhambra Palace at Granada is a 3 hour drive.
Within walking distance there is a superb Spanish restaurant/bar/delicatessen where you can also buy a limited number of everyday food items. There is a Spar supermarket in Las Palas, a 5 mins drive and a number of large supermarkets within a 10 - 20 minute drive. All information will be available within the villa. As will good places to eat and drink.
There are shopping malls in both Cartagena (15 mins) and Murcia (45 mins) with all the usual high street shops and a Casino (Cartagena).
There is a Water Park in Murcia for the children to enjoy and the wonderful Spa town of Archena approximately 1 hours drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings will be held for seven days to enable a deposit of £150.00 to be paid into a UK bank. The deposit is refundable 7 days after departure providing the property is left in the condition specified by the Rental Rules. An advance payment equivalent to 50% of the rental price is required 60 days prior to arrival. The balance must be paid fourteen days prior to arrival into a UK bank in sterling. Last minute booking payments can be dealt with on arrival by the house manager.
Changeover Days are flexible and will be arranged to coincide with your travel arrangements. A welcome pack of your own choosing can be provided, to be paid for locally on arrival if required.
Notes on prices:
Reduced Rates for parties for 4 or less email for details.
The Villa will be available for Long Term Rental from October 2014. Please
enquire for further details.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with wc, shower and wash basin. Family bathroom next to bedroom 3 with wc, bath, shower and wash basin. Annexe: En-Suite with wc, shower and wash basin. All rooms fully tiled. Toilet rolls supplied.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and En suite. Bedroom 2 with 2 double beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed. All rooms have wardrobes, bedside cabinets and fans. Annexe: Twin Single beds and En-Suite. Lounge Area with 3 seater sofa bed. Tea making facilities.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Water and electricity included in the rental price. The building at the front of the property, adjacent to the outside utility area, is for private storage. This will be locked and does not form part of the agreement. An additional charge of £50.00 per week is applicable when booking the annexe to cover cleaning and laundry costs. We ask our guests to leave the villa in good condition and to clean the BBQ after you, failure to do this could result in extra cleaning costs. Outside: The mainly shingled gardens have many local plants and shrubs. The large tiled pool terrace boasts a 9m x 4m swimming pool and a bar with a fridge. 6 sun loungers and a Table and chairs for outside dining are provided. There is also an outside utility area with a BBQ, paella ring, sink, washing machine and washing line. There is a large tiled patio area in front of the annexe buildings with a fully enclosed 3m x 4m gazebo, complete with fly screens and garden furniture. At the back of the property is another tiled patio area and there is a front terrace. To the side of the villa there is a shaded parking area. Utility Room: Outside Utility Area with stone barbecue, paella ring, sink, washing machine and washing line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are included. The property will be cleaned prior to arrival. The pool will be regularly cleaned. The house manager is English and lives locally to deal with any unforeseen problems. Mid-stay cleans can be arranged by request. Other: Annexe: Twin Single beds, En-Suite with wc, shower and wash basin. Lounge area with 3 seater sofa bed. armchair, kettle, tea and coffee making facilities, table and electric tower fan.