El Cactus Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms)
El Cactus is a 90 sqm guest house providing two double bedrooms (one of which is a sleeping alcove), one twin bedroom, one en-suite bathroom with shower, and one full bathroom with tub. The living room is decorated with flair and offers TV, DVD player, Hi-Fi unit, a dining area and an open plan kitchenette.
On the grounds of luxurious spanish Finca, Taro de Chimida, El Cactus and La Cueva are two unique self-contained guest houses with spectacular stone arches across their ceilings and a lava grotto. The guest houses have been converted from unearthed 150 year old water storage tanks and exhibit the influence of the late artist Cesar Manrique, in particular in the use of natural lava and interesting combinations of colour. The property has been meticulously restored and redecorated with an eccletic mix of antique and contemporary furniture and an eye to traditional canarian details. The guest houses have been unearthed and converted from 150 year old water storage tanks for the resplendent Vineyard which was located at this fine property, The result is that the guest houses are sheltered from the wind making s really pleasant area to sit, sunbathe, swim eat and enjoy the all year round sunshine that Lanzarote has to offer.
About the Owner
About Neil bennett
We are a family bases in Guernsey in the Channel islands. We have a 3 year old and two older children. We have designed this villa to be perfect for us to relax with the children in a child and pool safe villa in a place where the weather is always good, the kids have plenty to do, we have fabulous restaurants on our doorstep. We hope you enjoy staying here as much as we do!
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Prices for El Cactus are for groups of 6 people only.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
A winter sun break
Nearest beach: Famara, 3km. Known globally as the Hawaii of Europe.
- Car hire available at Arrecife airport
- Local taxis also available
- Directions to the property will be made available upon confirmation of booking
El Cactus and La Cueva are within walking distance from Villa de Teguise, with shops, bars, restaurants and an animated tourist and artisan market every Sunday, which attracts tourists and locals from all over the island.
The Lanzarote region
Lanzarote is the most easterly of all the Canary Islands. Situated less than 100 km (62 miles) from the Atlantic coast of Morocco, it is the most exclusive island of the Canaries. It remains a popular destination among vacationers as well as those who desire to own exclusive holiday homes. Property owners include King Juan Carlos of Spain and the late King Hussein of Jordan. The island contains 365 dormant volcanoes and has a mysterious, almost lunar quality. In 1993 it was declared a World Biosphere Reserve for UNESCO.
The diversity of terrain is unique as the interior is largely mountainous and barren, while the coast boasts beautiful sandy beaches. As temperatures rarely go below 20 degrees Celcius (68 Fahrenheit), the island, its facilities and wide range of outdoor activities can be enjoyed year round. Additionally, as high rise buildings, billboards and overhead cables are strictly prohibited, the island remains relatively pristine and avoids the typical trappings of modern tourism.
Taro de Chimida - LA CUEVA is situated in a quiet location on the outskirts of the old historic capital of Teguise.
The Teguise area
Teguise is undeveloped commercially and still retains its Canarian charm and character. The town centre is in walking distance and provides for a number of traditional "tapa" bars and excellent restaurants.
The international 18 hole golf course is a 5 minute car drive away as is the popular Famara surfer beach.
The island offers a wide range of outdoor activities and is a favoured location among sailors, paragliders and kite & wind surfers.
Lanzarote offers amazing natural settings, including the Timanfaya national park -the centre of the previous volcanic eruptions- and a variety of stunning landscapes, like La Geria -the wine area- or the Papagayo white sand beaches.
- guest house
- Guest House
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- pets considered
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Pool can be heated for an extra fee of Euro 25/day, although hardly ever required. Teguise is a beautiful town, the oldest settlement in the Canary Islands. You will find castles, Churches, Convents, splendid palaces and some of the most beautiful architecture in the Islands steeped in history Teguise is the treasured by locals and visitors. Also it is based in the foothills of the Famara Riscos. From the grounds of the estate you can walk along La Montana ridge all the way to Haria. You will witness spectacular views across large portions of the Island and over La Graciosa and Alegranza to the west, Timanfaya and the Fire mountains to the south and the lush Los Valles to the east. For hiking, walking and cycling it could not be better placed. Also Teguise is very central for exploring the island, from the cosmopolitan city of Arrecife to the stunning valleys of Haria. Taro de Chimida provides a rural setting with the convenience of being able to walk into town with many restaurants. Outside: Set within an amazing terraced palm and cactus garden with hand-cut lava stone walls, each guest house has its own terrace space with patio teak furniture, sun lounges and a king size parasol. the guest houses share a huge barbecue and a lovely circular pool with cascade and an outside shower. Privacy is ensured through beautiful lava walled terraces.