Cottage in Picauville Nr. Sainte Mere Eglise, Manche, Normandy, France - Recent Modern Renovation. Centrally Placed On The Normandy Peninsular
The Lodge, situated next door to our B&B, La Maison de Maitre, is a cosy modern cottage with fully equipped kitchen and garden with BBQ. Very conveniently situated, equally distant from both coasts, D day beaches and holiday beaches. Easy access to Cherbourg, Bayeux and Caen. Pont L'Abbe is a village all amenities including a Friday morning market, overlooking the Parc National du Marais (Marshlands).
About the Owner
Mike and I retired from teaching at the end of 2002 and moved to the property at the beginning of 2003. As an art teacher and artist Mike was drawn to the proportions of this 19th century property. For Chris it was an opportunity to continue her love of the French language. In Bournemouth we had welcomed language students into our home for a number of years.We were just continuing the work here in Normandy.
Now ten years plus later we are still going strong and have added 'The Lodge' to our accommodation, a small gite for four.
Chris now leads the local choir and I am almost free of DIY, just the green house to go!
From the Owner
“The Lodge is in the centre of our village of Pont L'Abbe in the commune of Picauville, right next door to our B&B. We enjoy a varied life here and are never bored. There is plenty to get involved with as well as enjoying where we live, the Manche, a tranquil,beautiful, safe and friendly place.”
Activity and Interests
30 minutes by car to east and west coasts. East coast beaches are the historic D day landing beaches whilst west coast beaches offer golden sands, land yachts, horse riding, swimming and sailing.
Ferries from Poole and Portsmouth arrive at Cherbourg, which is a 30 minute drive away.
Most places of interest on the peninsular are between 10 and 90 minutes away.
Pont L'Abbe has everything you will need for your stay.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||€1 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 18 years.|
To book contact owner. 100€ deposit* at time of booking, balance on arrival.
* Damages or breakages will be deducted from this amount.
High season - Saturdays
Low season - negotiable
Arrival - 14.30
Departure - 10.30
Notes on prices:
Prices are fully inclusive of electric, linens, firewood.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Lodge provides a well placed base to visit the beautiful and historic Cotentin peninsular. The place of vikings, conquerors, invaders!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with shower, bath, washbasin, W.C. Heated towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with twin beds
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a non-smoking property. While not large, the accommodation is comfortable for a family of four. Outside: Courtyard with BBQ, herb garden, table and chairs for four. Twenty foot square lawned area. Utility Room: Large understairs cupboard with hotwater tank and space for storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All household linens provided. Cleaning and fresh linens for each guest. Other: Dining area with round table and 4 chairs and dresser. French window to courtyard