|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
The second gite at La Terrisse is nestled in the lower courtyard of barns, naturally shaded by fig trees. Through a gate and down a rustic path, the pool is just 20m away. There is a large farmhouse kitchen, with 6 seater dining table, dishwasher, and modern appliances. There is a separate lounge with 3 seater sofa and armchairs. Both bedrooms are on the ground floor with a large shared bathroom (bath and shower over). One bedroom has twin beds the other a wrought iron double. Outside the gite is a large dining table with parasol and seating for six.
La Terrisse is a charming, tastefully renovated property in large private grounds. The two gites are approximately 30m apart and are ideal for individual letting, or let together for two parties or a large family. The pool is alarmed for safety and has lights for night time swimming. There are plenty of loungers and parasols on the large terrace around the pool, making it a great area for relaxing. Both properties have private shaded terraces with outdoor furniture. Each gite has a dishwasher, comfy sofas and high quality bathrooms. There is a washing machine and tumble dryer for guests to use in the laundry, plus iron and ironing board. Each gite has wifi, satellite TV with UK channels and DVD player. There is a selection of DVDs and books for you to use during your stay and a box of children's toys.
If you want a break from relaxing by the pool or exploring the grounds at La Terrisse, there are plenty of things to do in the local area:
* 'Parc en Ciel' is about 8km away from the property and is a fantastic aerial assault course, suitable for all ages and in a lovely wooded valley with gorgeous pool area making a great day out (http://www.parc-en-ciel.com/).
* There are many companies that offer canoeing or boat hire down the beautiful Dordogne or Lot rivers. You can choose the distance you cover and stop off to visit villages or picnic along the way.
* The region is rich in history and has numerous castles and bastide (walled) towns to visit. We are particularly fond of Monpazier and Monflanquin (about 20km away), which are beautiful towns with craft and antique shops and plenty of excellent cafes and restaurants. Chateau Bonaguil is 8 km away from the property and is well worth a visit (http://www.chateau-bonaguil.com/). We also love the much smaller chateau at Gavaudun, with it's access staircase cut into the rock (6km away).
* In the summer months on most evenings you can find a local village fete where you can mix with the locals and enjoy regional food and wine.
* The prehistoric sites of the Dordogne, such as the troglodyte village at Roque Saint-Christophe (http://www.roque-st-christophe.com/) and caves at Lascaux are within easy reach.
Details of local amenities and attractions are provided in your welcome pack on arrival and we are happy to offer advice or help with bookings.
My brother Al and I bought La Terrisse in 2007. I am Anna and I live in South Devon with my 14 year old daughter Jess. We live next door to my parents Ron and Enid who both made phenomenal contributions to the design and renovation of La Terrisse. Al lives about 15 minutes from the property in France with his partner Sam and 9 year old son Sebastian. They also live with extended family, Sam's mum Sheila. Between us we have three dogs, Lottie, Marley and Ellie.
Al looks after the property and will greet you when you arrive. I deal with the bookings back in the UK, please contact me if you have any queries.
Anna Murray purchased this cottage in 2007
When we drove down the drive to La Terrisse we were totally charmed. 'This isn't a house it's a hamlet' was our reaction. We loved the secluded courtyard setting and beautiful grounds, with the traditional old barns and outbuildings on the property. It was more than we had hoped for in our new venture.
The surrounding area is dotted with bastide towns and chateaux on every hillside. The countryside is green and lush and renowned for fruit growing, particularly prunes. The majestic Lot and Dordogne rivers are nearby and meander lazily through the wooded valleys. The perfect location for a relaxing holiday immersed in French history, culture and natural beauty.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival time after 4.00pm, departure before 10.00am.
A very comfortable, stylish and well equipped gite with everything you could need. We stayed for a week in February and made good use of the gite's great amenities. Everything was good quality and worked efficiently- tv, wifi, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer .... but unfortunately we didn't get the opportunity to use the pool! Hopefully we will be back in summer to review it! The owners were kind and communicative and only ten minutes away if we needed them. Would thoroughly recommend to all.