House in Hampton, Nr. Richmond, London, England - Close To Kingston And Richmond Upon Thames, Kew And Kempton And Sandown Race Courses
Tower Lodge is a spacious Georgian style villa on South West London/Surrey border. Not far from Twickenham for World Cup Rugby. Renovated from derelict a few years ago and subsequently featured in magazines, the house is a comfortable light-filled home. It has double aspect lounge and separate dining room, sun lounge adjacent to open-plan kitchen/breakfast room and family room, main kingsize bedroom with dressing room and en-suite shower and bathroom, and 4 other bedrooms.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful house with everything you need!
About the Owner
I love renovating houses as a break from my day job as a financial analyst. I like travelling around the world and have been lucky enough to have had many adventures. I like entertaining as long as someone else cooks! I have a passion for film and have been involved in a number of award winning shorts – so maybe a feature film one day.
1 holidaymaker review
Wonderful house with everything you need!
This house was perfect for our family of 5 while we were searching for permanent accommodations. The town of Hampton had everything we needed and the train and bus station was only about .25 miles away. The owner, Adele, was super nice and even had a few groceries waiting in the frig when we arrived which was so nice after our red eye flight into London. I would highly recommend this house!!!
From the Owner
“I was trying to buy the much smaller house next door to rent out. At auction I started bidding for this one never thinking I would buy it. It was nearly impossible to even get to the front door due to the wilderness, and was derelict with the house seeming much smaller as it was completely covered in ivy. I love it, as one magazine photographer commented, it is the kind of house you hope you end up living your days in. I cannot stop wanting to improve and add to it further. It is next to the old pump station tower, which fortunately is not used anymore, and which gives it a unique look.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest airport is Heathrow and approximately 25 mins drive. Gatwick is 45 mins drive. Car is not essential as near train station and number of bus routes and lots of local facilities.
Swimming pools less 10min walk, Hampton Court 1 mile, Richmond/Kew Gardens 15mins, Kempton 5 mins drive, Sandown 15mins, Windsor ( Windsor Castle)/Legoland/Ascot racecourse all about 40 mins drive.
Numerous good eateries including top gastropubs, The Bell, Kings Head and Kings Arms all close by. Railway Bell, Jolly Cooper and The Bell pubs are in walking distance. Hampton Green with young children’s play facilities is a few minutes walk. Several large supermarkets all within a short drive. Lots of shopping in Kingston and or go to Westfield or Central London.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
A 25 % deposit will be taken on booking and the remainder 4 weeks before arrival. A cash deposit is required on arrival of £500 (for any damages) and will be returned on departure.
Prefer Saturday changeover day
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Whilst being in a suburban location, it feels semi rural in its location especially at the back and is so close to many great seeming to be in the middle of the countryside the property is easily accessible to and from London (20 mins by train or 30-40 minutes by car) . It is also ideal for visits to Windsor, Ascot, Henley and for all those summer pursuits such as Royal Ascot and The Regatta.”
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- theme parks
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 210 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The main bathroom has large 2 person bath, basins, toilet and bidet, and walk-in rain-forest wet room. Master en suite with bath, single basin, separate shower and toilet. Further en suite with shower, basin and toilet. Separate downstairs toilet.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master king-size bedroom with dressing room/en-suite shower&bathroom, and 4 other bedrooms. These include 1 king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room, 1 kingsize, 1 twin, and 1 small double. Double futon in the sun lounge.
- Notes on accommodation: Master bedroom with kingsize bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower, overlooking twin fresh water lakes owned by Thames Water. Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed and en-suite shower room. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with two single beds Bedroom 5 with small double bed. Futon in sun lounge sleeps two. Outside: The property enjoys garden laid to lawn alongside (accessible from family room) and behind the property. Immediately accessible from rear of the property is the sun deck and patio. Utility Room: Utility room has washing machine & tumble dryer and standard-sized sink and work surface. Also provides large additional storage space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen included in rate. Additional maid service may be available if notified at booking. Other: Family Room: large double aspect room open plan to kitchen.