Jumilhac Le Grand, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France. A short drive from the village of Jumilhac le Grand.
Les Chataigniers is the perfect holiday retreat. Boasting traditional features, mixed with modern conveniences, you will not be disappointed. Each room has been tastefully renovated to a high standard to ensure your comfort. Outside you will find seating areas to relax and enjoy the unspoilt views of the countryside. Or why not take a dip in the newly built private swimming pool, a must for both couples and families.
The downstairs has been designed on one level giving it a light and airy feel. A state of the art wet room with adjoining spacious bedroom is ideal for guests with limited mobility. All areas have been thoughtfully designed to allow for wheelchair access in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
A fairy-tale Chateau can be found at the local village of Jumilhac Le Grand with breath-taking views over the River L'Isle. Why not try a spot of bargain hunting in the local town of Saint Yrieix La Perche, a mere ten minutes drive away. Many restaurants can be found as you meander through the cobbled streets.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Guided tours of Jumilhac chateau available.
Craft workshops available at nearby location
Guided cycle tours available- mountain and road.
Ideal country for triathlon/ cycling event training.
This lovely area offers a great choice of swimming lakes which many of our guests have enjoyed visiting and prove a great day out. Some offer beaches and often have facilities such as restaurants and children's play areas.
Jumilhac has a river that runs at the foot of the chateau. The riverside area offers picturesque walks, a spot for picnics and even rock climbing.
Limoges airport 56 km, Bergerac airport 109 km, both having car hire facilities. Brive airport 95 km away.
Local train stations are at Thiviers and Saint Yrieix La Perche.
Thiviers and St Yrieix La Perche are approx. a 15 min. drive away, both being traditional market towns they also offer large supermarkets.
The village of Jumilhac has a restaurant that offers traditional French fayre. During the summer every Sunday morning a produce market is held in the square of Jumilhac- a great place to stock up with local goods. This area is well suited to outdoor pursuits - Cycling, canoeing, walking, running, fishing, horse-riding to name a few. A great selection of dining opportunities- restaurants offering traditional French choices, pizza bistros and a selection of fine dining establishments are within proximity of our home.
A popular way to spend a summer evening is attending one of the night markets- closest ones to us are Segur le Chateau and Saint Yrieix La Perche. Local produce is offer at the markets and the stall holders will cook your chosen meal as you soak up the ambience- often accompanied by the sound of a local musician or two.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner by enquiry form or telephone. Rental will be subject to completion and return of booking form, booking conditions and covering e-mail.
20% deposit required at time of booking. Balance in full with security deposit due 8 weeks prior to start of holiday.
Saturday – arrival after 5pm, departure no later than 9.30am. Can be flexible with prior arrangement with owner.
Notes on prices:
During the cooler months heating is available at the fee of £75 per week.
Please contact us- discounts may apply for longer stays.
Property available all year round.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, sink
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), sink
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, wetroom, sink
- Ground floor: En-suite wet -room- with limestone flooring and fully tiled. Basin and W.C. First floor: Main bathroom, with large quality shower enclosure, vanity unit and w.c. En-suite to bedroom 4, with bath, basin and w.c.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: 4 bed home. Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor: Bedroom 1 - with king size bed. First floor: Bedroom 2 - with double bed and single bed. Bedroom 3 - with twin beds, Bedroom 4 - with double bed. Spacious landing area - single bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Les Chataigniers -WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY- Ground floor- Luminous living area, ground floor bedroom with wet room. First floor- Spacious landing area,3 bedrooms- 1 with en-suite, house bathroom. We take pleasure in offering our guests a welcome pack- which includes some basic provisions - milk, tea, coffee and sugar- not forgetting a bottle of wine to kick start your holiday. No Smoking inside the property. Sorry no pets. Outside: Loads of character with original wells and stone terraces. Ambiance!! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels.Pool towels available to hire. Other: Hi -fi , games and books. British T.V.