Villa in Les Issambres, near Saint Maxime, Cote d'Azur, Provence - A Really Relaxing Family Environment; Easy Pop Down Hill To Beaches
The house is really well maintained and has been our holiday home for 22 years. Set in its own gardens, it has an outdoor terrace with barbecue so you can have lunch or dinner overlooking the pool and looking out to sea. We love it, but then we're biased! The pool man comes twice a week. There are nearby beaches, a port with a bus boat to St Tropez, boats for hire and Diving school. There are loads of restaurants, in the village and on the beach. But it is relaxing. Some days we just lie by the pool all day. Food shops are nearby; there's a weekly market and big supermarkets 20 minutes away. It's a tidy, well kept Provence house that works.
About the Owner
Retired English gentleman who speaks French fluently, plays golf, cycles and has a French power boat licence, as well as diver's licence. The house has been slowly and steadily improved over the last 17 years and is now genuinely comfortable and smart with amenities like satellite TV, internet and aircon.
At one point the owner lived here full time whilst writing a book. The house is a true family home.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Just beautiful, the whole house. It's a lovely home, and everything works". Tony and Pauline.
'I just love this house and will come back time and time again', Stephanie and Oliver.
'The view over the bay of St Tropez is breath-taking, thank you for letter us stay'
From the Owner
“There is so much to do. The house is in a fantastic setting with fabulous views. It works. And from here you can go to Marseille, Aix, Toulon to watch the rugby, or past Nice to Monaco and Italy. October sees the chestnut festivals in Garde-Freinet, then in Italy it is the mushroom festivals. Le Muy has a wonderful market on Sunday mornings. Fresh vegetables, the Sunday Times and a small coffee in the square. There are many restaurants, I moored my boat in the port so could cross easily to the beaches of Pamplone in the summer, then there's fishing, windsurfing, skiing in Isola in winter; even Courcheval is only 4-5 hours away. The house has access to everything within minutes or just a few hours.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Nearby boat hire, cruisers, sailing from port. Kayaks at Roqubrune; horse riding; and many cycle lanes. Diving trips from Port of Les Issambres.
Drive down hill to beaches and port of Les Issambres 5-7 minutes.
Nice airport 55 minutes; Marseille 1 hour 15. (Average times) You need a car.
Ste Maxime 15 minutes; St Raphael 20 minutes; St Tropez (normally 25 minutes - in summer take the bus boat across!), Grimaud 25 minutes. Aix 1 hour, Cannes 50 minutes, Nice 1 hour, Monte Carlo 1 hour 15, Italy (San Remo) 1 hr 30 mins.
Both Ste Maxime and St Raphael bustle with fish markets, street markets and lots of restaurants. Port Frejus has many restaurants too. Or go in land to the farm restaurant near Le Muy. Great Market at Le Muy every Sunday morning; good market in village of Les Issambres every Monday; banks, restaurants in village and on beach. Bus boat to St Tropez from port in Les Issambres, and also fgrom Ste Maxime.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Jun 2016 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25 % payment at time of booking. Remaining 75% plus 500 pounds deposit due two weeks before arrival. Security deposit returned within one week of end of stay if no breakages/damage.
Leave by 9.15 Saturday morning. Entry from 4 pm Saturday.
Notes on prices:
All the prices exclude linen/towels which may be hired via our local manager.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Life is just so easy, and varied. It's that simple. Even in winter it is 8 degrees above the land in the valleys behind us. It was 22 degrees by the pool on Christmas day for lunch.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bathroom (bath/shower) to main bedroom. Plus new shower room and toilet for other two bedrooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms), 2 sofa beds in lounge Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed, fitted wardrobes, ensuite bathroom. Bed two: double bed, fitted wardrobes. Bedroom 3: double bedroom, fitted wardrobes.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Provençal terrace at side of house. Outdoor loungers, outdoor table and chairs, sun shade. Own swimming pool. Utility Room: Outside store with new washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels can be supplied 100 Euro per week.