Villa in Comares, Costa del Sol, Spain - Peaceful Location Set In The Heart Of Andalucia
Designed and built by the owners, Casa Holly is a modern open plan villa with a private pool and hot tub. Nestled in the heart of Axarquia, the house is surrounded by olive and almond trees with the nearby hilltop village of Comares providing a beautiful view. The perfect retreat whatever time of year, the house has a wood burning stove and low energy heating panels to keep it cosy and warm in the winter. High ceilings and an air conditioned master suite keep it cool in the summer.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful relaxing country stay!!
Thank you for looking after the house and we look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.
Cheryl & Joe
About the Owner
Joe and Cheryl are originally from the UK (London and Newcastle) and have lived in Spain for 12 years with their daughters Holly and Louisa.
Joe is a lighting designer and Cheryl a music teacher.
They lived in Casa Holly as a family for 4 years before deciding to move nearer to the coast to be closer to work.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Totally amazing, a beautiful villa, best holiday to date!"
“Beautiful Villa nestled in the Hills away from it all”
We spent a great week at Casa Holly, the Villa was excellent and we were spoilt for choice between dips in the pool and the Hot tub. The setting is lovely, and once you have mastered the art of getting from the villa along the
windy lanes back to the main road this part of Andalucia is worth exploring. We would recommend.
For more reviews please go to http://www.tripadvisor.es/VacationRentalReview-g1411714-d2688967-Casa_Holly-Comares_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html
2 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful relaxing country stay!!
When looking for a villa for our winter break casa holly topped all the others in the area. It was ideal for us as we have family in the area and the added bonus of a hot tub was a lovely treat for the evenings. Cheryl was very accommodating and on hand for any questions or help we needed. It was very easy to find with Cheryl directions. With the lovely views and great interior it was all we could have asked for.I would defiantly recommend this villa for any one looking to stay in this area of andalucia as it is only a short drive to the coast and local amenities or if you just want some piece and quiet. Overall we was extremely happy with our stay and look forward to staying there again in the future. Thanks so much Cheryl & Joe x
Away from it all
Had a great weeks stay at this away from it all villa everything about it was wonderful including the local weather, Cheryl & Joe were extremely helpful, great fun getting there, up the track tests your off road skills at times, great sunbathing areas as the sun moves around the villa and nice plunge pool to cool off in, enjoyed the Jacuzzi too along with the great views , all in all a great week would highly recommend if your looking for a chill out time with all the facilities you could wish for many thanks Cheryl & Joe.
From the Owner
“Joe and Cheryl designed and built Casa Holly. They had some help with the impressive vaulted roof and saw the project as a labour of love. In total from start to finish, it took approximately 3 years to build working almost every weekend. They love the area because of its beauty and tranquillity. The house is far enough from the costa del sol holiday scene but close enough to visit should the need arise.”
Activity and Interests
Torre del Mar is the nearest beach town and has a market every Thursday morning. Torre is approximately 45 minutes drive - drive a little further and you will arrive in Nerja - a delightful seaside town with plenty of restaurants and shops. Close to the town are the fascinating Nerja Caves - a major tourist attraction and well worth a visit.
Casa Holly is accessible from either Malaga or Granada airports. Both journeys are approximately 1 hour.
The nearest villages are Riogordo and Comares. Both 20 min. drive.
Waterpark "Aquavelis" 35 min. drive to Velez Malaga, opposite the park there is the main shopping/cine/restaurants complex "El Ingenio".
Malaga city is a 45 min. drive. With a beautiful cathedral, the Picasso and Carmen Thyssen Museums, tapas bars aplenty and fabulous shopping, a trip to the city centre is a must! Take a stroll down to the port and take in the atmosphere with it´s varied restaurants.
Both Riogordo and Comares have a mini marts, post offices, restaurants and banks. The nearest emergency health centre is in Colmenar - 20 min. drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £7 per night, per additional guest|
1 Mar 2017 - 31 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £10 per night, per additional guest|
1 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add £13 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
For up to 6 guests we request a refundable security deposit of 150gbp, for up to 10 guests 200gbp.
A contract will be sent to the guests before their holiday detailing terms and conditions and general information.
Our changeover day is usually a Saturday however we are aware that the cost of flights at the weekend is considerably more. Therefore we try to be as flexible as possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are shown for up to 6 guests.
Prices for up to 10 guests are as follows:
1 March - 27 June £800
28 June - 31 August £990
1 September -31 November £800
1 December - 29 February £600
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is modern and functions extremely well.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom with shower, wc Main bathroom with bath/shower over, wc Upstairs studio with bath/shower, wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom + en-suite, a/c 1 super king size bed with lumbar adjustment Bed 2 Double bed, ceiling fan Bed 3 2 Single beds Ceiling & portable fan Bed 4 (studio apartment) Double bed, 2 singles Double sofa bed, a/c
- Outside: The house has 2 main terraces. The pool terrace is perfect for sun worshippers and under the covered part of the terrace, we have comfortable outdoor seating. The barbecue terrace is where you will find a dining area, outside kitchen, barbecue, spa and table tennis. The pool terrace is east facing so has the sun until mid afternoon and the barbecue terrace is south facing and enjoys midday to evening sun. Both terraces have plenty of shade. The surrounding gardens are well stocked with a variety of plants and trees. Guests can enjoy peaches, figs, almonds, nectarines and oranges straight off the tree depending on the time of year they visit. Utility Room: There is a laundry area at the back of the house housing the washing machine, tumble drier and hot water tanks. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, pool towels & linen are provided and spare linen if the stay is more than 14 days. The house is prepared and cleaned ready for our guests and ask our guests to leave the house in the same condition as they arrived or pay for a cleaning fee.