House in Foulden, Thetford, Norfolk, England - Detached House In Lakeside Setting, Sleeps Up To 15 In Eight Bedrooms With Seven Bath/Shower Rooms
Becks House is a very spacious property in a beautiful, private, lakeside setting. The property has been recently built and extended by the owners to a demanding specification to provide the comfort you require. The private grounds have ample space for a variety of sporting activities, such croquet & badminton. In addition a barbecue, outdoor tables and benches and plenty of space for sunbathing mean that all you need for a perfect day is sunshine. The wide driveway has no shortage of space for easy parking. Becks House is ideal for a large family group seeking an unspoilt rural location, special celebrations, a reunion of school/ college friends or any group who enjoy the country pursuits of hiking, shooting etc.
Top Traveller Review
Amazing house, location and service
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Me and my family have just got back from staying here and we already want to go back!! Its was amazing, the grounds are outstanding and gave a safe place for the children to explore whilst we enjoyed the amazing views of the lake. Inside the house left me speechless when I walked in. It is decorated to the highest standards and looks modern, elegant and chic whilst still being homely and comfortable. From the moment you walk in you can see that no expense has been spared when selecting everything from bed linen and towels to the TV's and decor. I will be bringing my family here every year. Thank you for an amazing holiday"
"Great welcome on arrival, We were shown around the house to make sure we knew how everything worked. We were very impressed by the welcome basket on arrival. The decor and furnishings are top class, equivalent to a five star hotel!The children and ourselves had a wonderful time playing rounders on the front lawn. Kids loved collecting eggs from the chickens"
5 based on 11 holidaymaker reviews
Amazing house, location and service
Location was fantastic, lovely accommodation of a very high standard. Service was excellent, we were warmly welcomed by Rebecca who was very helpful throughout our stay. Grant and his personal assistant Avril were always reachable and very accommodating to our requests. Highly recommend this place.
Amazing tranquility, beautiful location, 1st Class
Me and family stayed at Becks house and had the most amazing time, the house is very spacious, our children had the best nights sleep, luxurious bed linen, en-suite bathrooms and fantastic views no matter which room you see relaxing in. The kitchen breakfast room is vast, great internet access for everyone, which I am using to write this review.
Forget staying in a hotel, this place tops them all. Highly recommended.
This is a perfect retreat for a short or long stay. My family and I loved the house and its surroundings and we will definitely be going back. The house itself is very clean and very well maintained with a beautiful Kitchen. The local area is also a plus with lovely restaurants and shops.
Beautiful House with stunning views!!
The photos do not do this beautiful house justice! The kitchen is HUGE and the bedrooms are very spacious and decorated to the highest standard. The grounds were stunning, there is SO much space for the children to play safely.
When I enquired about Becks House Grant was really quick in getting back to me, really efficient and professional with getting my booking organized.
I recommend Becks House 100%, it is the best house we have ever rented, we have booked already for next year and we cannot wait!!!!!
Grandad Field's 90th Birthday
We celebrated Grandad's 90th with 3 generations in this fantastic house. The house, it's grounds and the location could not have been better. The communication from Grant and Helen was so prompt and organised that the whole event was made so much easier to coordinate. The house and it's facilities are second to none ......Thankyou ..... Grandad is looking forward to next year !!
Great Palce for Weekend away!!
Just Returned from a great weekend at Beck's House. Had an amazing weekend with Family and Friends, The House is really great very Spacious and ideal for family gatherings or reunions. So much land for Children to Play in... The rooms are brilliant, all you need provided, spacious and clean. The Showers are really good loads of hot water and lots of power in them, (small detail but important to us!!)
Thoroughly great weekend highly recommend.. The Chickens even provided a few eggs which were great. The Only negative is I cant go there every weekend!!
Activity and Interests
Several parts of the Norfolk and Suffolk coast are accessible within 45 min by car.
Use of a car is essential. Norwich and Stansted are the nearest airports.
The nearest railway station is Brandon 7 miles (1.5 hours from Kings Cross).
The nearest car ferry is Felixstowe.
There are several villages within a couple of miles, including local pubs and restaurants. It is 7 mins to the nearest shop/garage & 20 mins to Waitrose or Tesco.
The historic market towns of Swaffam, Downham Market, and Kings Lynn are an easy drive. Sandringham is only 50 minutes away, so handy for any Royal visitors, whilst the north Norfolk coast is within easy reach.
There are a number of tourist attractions nearby, including Oxburgh Hall ( well worth a visit), Thetford Forest ( with a range of outdoor pursuits), whilst hiking, cycling, angling, horse riding are easily accessible.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
21 Dec 2017 - 3 Jan 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total fee is payable to secure the booking with the balance being due 8 weeks prior to arrival. A security deposit is payable in advance and refunded soon after departure provided there is no damage or exceptional cleaning required.
Saturday. We request a 10am departure and a 3pm onwards arrival.
Notes on prices:
Prepared to rent for 3 or 4 day weekends
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Master 1&2 en-suite, wc/double shower. Bedroom 3 en-suite, wc/single shower Main bathroom, wc & bath with shower attached 2nd floor:bathroom 1, wc & bath with shower attached 2nd floor:bathroom 2, wc & single shower Ground floor:Wc/shower
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 15 (8 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master 1 kingsize bed, en-suite Master 2 kingsize bed, en-suite Bedroom 3 kingsize bed/can change to twin, en-suite Bedroom 4 twin beds/ can change to kingsize bed Bedroom 5 double bed Bedroom 6 double bed Bedroom 7 twin beds Bedroom 8 single bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Oil radiator heating throughout. 4 x TV’s with Freeview, DVD. No dogs (except guide dog), No smoking inside the house. Children should be supervised re. The lake. Members of our family to help with any issues (including Meet and Greet upon your arrival) A complimentary welcome basket upon your arrival. The house has free Wifi Central heating, high chair and bottle sterilising unit. Outside: There is a private enclosed garden with 5 acres and a 2.5 acre lake, and a further 5 acres of private nature reserve. Golf by arrangement with Swaffam Golf Club. Utility Room: Washer/dryer. Steam iron and ironing table. Additional fridge (for drinks) Cleaning / Towels / Linen Full set of Egyptian cotton bed linen and luxury towels are included in the rent, with weekly cleaning.