Manorbier Castle, Manorbier, Pembrokeshire, Wales - Amazing location overlooking the beach, 5 mins drive from Tenby.
The house is truly unique. Set within the castle walls you have enter via the old moat and drawbridge, beautiful gardens spread out before you. The house has it own private entrance and overlooks the castle grounds. Right next to the beach and set on the coast path this is an amazing place to stay. The village of Manorbier offers, post office, shop, pub, hotel, café and good bus and rail links. It is a great base for exploring the surrounding countryside and beaches... if you can tear yourself away from the stunning Manorbier Beach!
Top Traveller Review
It really is an amazing place to vist!
About the Owner
About Manorbier Castle
May Cottage is owned by the Manorbier Castle Estate and you can enjoy free entry to the castle during your stay.
Manorbier Castle purchased this house in 1949
Why Manorbier Castle chose Pembroke, Tenby, Saundersfoot & The South Coast
This castle was bought in 1700.
What makes this house unique
The most important benefit is time away, stunning place to really chill out, unwind, and revalue ones time. Especially for families, friends all together. So much to see or just be peaceful in these incredible surroundings.
(1 traveller reviews)
From the Owner
“This castle was bought in 1700.”
Activity and Interests
We are located overlooking the stunning Manorbier Beach. It is a 2 min walk down to the beach. The coast path runs east and west from the beach and along this there are some truly stunning beaches just waiting to be explored.
20 minutes from Pembroke Ferry to Ireland. 10 minutes walk from Manorbier station. Bus every half an hour to Tenby. Beach bus along the coast to local beaches. Cardiff Airport 2 hours.
40 minutes to Carmarthen. Tenby is just 5 minutes drive. Train to London is 4 hours. On the doorstep of the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.
In the village we have a post office, shop, pub, café and hotel. In the nearby town of Pembroke dock there is a lidl, asda and Tesco and there is a sainsburys in Tenby.
- Booking Notes:
Provisional bookings can be made and held for 7 days. To secure a booking requires a 30% deposit with the balance paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Friday is usual changeover day but through the winter we accommodate short breaks please enquire for details
Notes on prices:
If the booking option you require is not shown then please do not hesitate to contact us we are happy to help in anyway we can.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The most important benefit is time away, stunning place to really chill out, unwind, and revalue ones time. Especially for families, friends all together. So much to see or just be peaceful in these incredible surroundings.”
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- near the sea
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bed 1 - Ensuite shower room, basin, toilet. Bed 2 - Ensuite bathroom, bath, overshower, basin, toilet. Family bathroom - bath, basin, toilet. Annexe - Ensuite shower room, basin toilet.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 in main house and 4 in the Annexe Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 - Double with en-suite shower room. Bed 2 - Double with en-suite large family bathroom. Bed 3 - Twin bedroom with family bathroom next door. Bed 4 - Twin with shared family bathroom. Bed 5/Annexe - twin beds and bunk bed and ensuite shower room.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: During March to October the castle is open to the public during the day. Once the public leave you have the whole of the castle grounds for your use. A lovely place to sip a cold glass of something whilst admiring this 11th century masterpiece. Outside: The house has a private courtyard accessed from the Dining room and a private entrance from the castle gardens. There is outdoor furniture and a barbeque area. There is also ample space for storing surfboards etc.... You also have direct access to the castle gardens which you are free to explore. Utility Room: Large utility room with Washing machine, tumble dryer, Fridge Freezer, warm room for drying clothes. Entrance to gardens, ideal for muddy boats and wet wet suits! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We provide all linen and towels but do bring swimming/beach towels Other: Dining Room - Large dining room with big table to seat 12 situated next to the family kitchen with French doors leading out to the courtyard garden.