Village Location Within Walking Distance Of Cafes, Tapas Bars, Restaurants, Market And Shops
Luxurious historic town house restored within the old servants quarters of an 1850 Palacete situated against the old city Roman wall, with an historic 500 year old moors arch existing within the house itself, and in the centre of the old town of Medina Sidonia which finds itself perched on a prominent hill at the heart of the Cadiz province with wonderful views of the lush coastal area, with fantastic access to the Sierra natural parks, historic cities and gorgeous beaches. With its intricate pattern of centuries-old, white-washed houses and cobbled streets, this enchanting, miniature city dates back to Phoenician times, and remains one of the oldest settlements in Europe. On entering the city one feels immediately at home in this charming and peaceful setting.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Steve Breckon
We are a couple from the North East of England who fell in love with Andalucia in 2002 when we started to holiday there. We decided to leave the UK in 2007 and move to the Cadiz Province where we now permanently live. We love the unspoilt beauty, the climate, the lifestyle and the people.
We now have lots of Spanish friends and have integrated into the lifestyle.
Steve Breckon purchased this house in 2007
Why Steve Breckon chose La Janda
Historic town house created from the old servants quarters of an old Palacete.
The property is part of the old roman wall and has a 500 year old moors arch in the master bedroom.
There is also a chill out room set in the old tower with stunning views across to sea.
What makes this house unique
Stunning views across the countryside to the Bay of Cadiz.
Roof top terrace pool.
(6 traveller reviews)
From the minute we arrived, hassle free - following directions from Steve, we were stunned by the quality and well resourced town house. Everything we could want for when we arrived was ready and waiting for us - including beer, wine and water! We enjoyed days going out and days staying in. The terraces and pool were fabulous places to sun-bathe and chill down. The views were incredible, especially the sunset over Cadiz. Medina Sidonia remains one of our most favourite little towns in which to base a holiday that can cater for all our needs, including those of our 14 year old son. Steve and Lynne we're welcoming and considerate, briefing us thoroughly on what to do and where to go. The only negative for us, was having to come home!
fantastic town house
We were met by Steve in the town who then took us to the house. Gave us a great introduction to the area. The house is amazing and the setting is second to none. There is everything and more you would need to enjoy your stay in this unique home. The welcome package that Steve left for us is the best we have ever experienced. Medina Sidonia is a perfect tranquil place to base yourself for exploring Andalucia. We will certainly be back in the near future.
Karen, Derek & George from Dunfermline.
Close to heaven
We (a family with a teenage daughter) had a wonderful week in this beautifully decorated and very well maintained village house in Medina Sidonia. We highly recommend it to everyone who likes a tranquil environment and who is looking for a still unspoilt white village not far from some of the best andalusian beaches. Many thanks to Lynn and Steve for their great welcome - we definitely would like to return one day to this lovely place with its amazing terrace and pool!
The townhouse was beautifully furnished, equipped and very clean. A great place to stay if you want to be away from it all yet still walkable to bars and restaurants. Excellent base from which to visit Seville, Jerez and Cadiz. We came back very relaxed and chilled.
We really enjoyed our stay here ? the property is ideally located in a small square with a bar and a shop, and there were plenty of other restaurants and shops within a couple of minutes walk. The house was really spacious (which was great for our 11 month old daughter to crawl around in!) and very comfortable, with every mod con we needed. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a relaxing, comfortable place to stay.
We were met by steve at the Airport and he guided us to the property. It is all it says in the guide and more! There is an incredible amount of space and character to the building. The town is fascinating to explore and the old castle ruins a revaluation.
The pool is great and the pictures do not do it justice. The whole property was wonderfully equipped with state of the art equipment and meticulously cleaned.
Thank you very much Steve for the opportunity to stay in your great property.
From the Owner
“Historic town house created from the old servants quarters of an old Palacete. The property is part of the old roman wall and has a 500 year old moors arch in the master bedroom. There is also a chill out room set in the old tower with stunning views across to sea.”
Activity and Interests
Chiclana La Barrosa 20 minutes drive
Conil 30 mins drive
El Palmar 30 mins drive
Los Canos de Meca, Trafalgar 40 mins drive
Jerez airport 25 minutes drive.
Seville airport 90 mins drive.
Gilbraltar 45 mins drive.
Malaga 2 hours drive.
Chiclana 23 km. Jerez 34km, Arcos 36km, Cadiz 45km, Puerto Sherry 48 km, Tarifa 76km, Gibraltar 89 km, Seville 120 km.
There is an excellent range of tapas bars and restaurants, shops, local market and banks all within easy walking distance from the property.
Despite its peaceful rural location Medina Sidonia is an excellent base from which to explore the surrounding area, from the bodegas and horses of Jerez , full of history and architecture, to the beautiful and elegant buildings of Seville
and Cadiz to the quirky charm of Gibraltar, all can be easily accessed from here.
Explore the unspoiled beauty of the Costa de la Luz with numerous golden sandy beaches to pick from.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£173|
35% deposit required on booking
final balance payable 6 week prior to arrival
payment by bank transfer
200€ refundable security deposit required
Flexible changeover days
Notes on prices:
Payment by bank transfer
200€ refundable security deposit required
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Stunning views across the countryside to the Bay of Cadiz. Roof top terrace pool.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- 165 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite wet room bedroom 1 with walk in shower, basin and toilet En suite bathroom bedroom 2 with shower, basin and toilet. bathroom to penthouse suite, walk in shower, basin, toilet Grohe taps and thermostatic showers to all bathrooms.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, super king size bed, (can be split into 2 single beds) built in robes, with en-suite. Door leading to outside patio, Bedroom 2, double bed, Fitted robes with Juliet/Romeo balcony. Underfloor heating to both bedrooms.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The town house is a perfect and wonderful place to relax and recharge your batteries regardless of age. Also within walking distance of all the amenities and history in Medina, and only a short drive to the magnificent beaches, cities and countryside of the Costa de la Luz. Please note the house has quite a few stairs and would not be suitable for disabled or young children Outside: Private terrace with outside furniture and there are numerous areas to sit and relax in the outer patio. The rooftop terraces provide a relaxing recreation space to swim, and enjoy the sun or even an evening drink as you watch the sun set over the horizon. The rooftop terrace has cosy chairs, tables and pot plants. Sun lounge terrace with sun loungers, parasols and cool boxes with access to swimming pool. Utility Room: Iron, ironing board, cleaning equipment, clothes airer, freezer box, beach umbrellas, Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cotton bed linen and bathroom towels, pool towels are provided enough for a 2 week stay. The property can be cleaned weekly if required. Other: Private terrace with outside furniture private access to swimming pool Torre penthouse suite, with chaise lounge and double glazed doors leading to balcony with stunning views over the countryside to the bay of Cadiz.