House in Montreal, Nr. Carcassonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Quiet Location, 3 Minutes Walk From Village Centre
Village house sleeps 6/7 (3 bedrooms). Rustic, fully furnished and well equipped house. Private pool, purpose built shaded BBQ area. Large garden. In quiet location on the edge of a delightful village.
Top Traveller Review
Comfortable, welcoming and ideally situated
I am pleased that you had a good holiday, and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to my house in the future.
About the Owner
About Suzi Stone
My name is Suzi and I am a retired. I came to live in this part of France 7 years ago and I love it!
I am happy to share my knowlege of the local area with you and to ensure you have a great holiday.
Suzi Stone purchased this house in 2007
Why Suzi Stone chose Carcassonne surroundings
My property is on the edge of the Village, with fantastic views, and within walkind distance of all the local shops.
What makes this house unique
I am willing to offer a 'cook a meal for you' service during one or two nights of your stay as well as offering a laundry service and a daily or every other day clean for you, so you can relax and enjoy your holiday! (extra costs will be charged)
(4 traveller reviews)
Comfortable, welcoming and ideally situated
We were greeted warmly on our arrival by Suzi the owner. She was very efficient in her welcoming and her instructions but this meant we didn't need to pester her. There was everything and more for our 2 week stay. The house, patio, pool and garden were immaculately clean and very comfortable. The balcony was a true haven giving shade and breeze in the heat of the day. Though Suzi lives within the same building we never felt that she was there we had our own privacy. When we did need her she was there and dealt with our problem quickly and efficiently. We had some terrific visits to local attractions without having to drive any distance at all. We recommend the local Pizza cafe and the fabulous Auberge resteraunt. The local pattisserie and convenience store are run by 2 lovely women who helped my with my rusty french. We would deffinately return either as a family or with friends the house is so spacious and so well equipped 3 couples would be as comfortable as our little family of 4. Thank you Suzi
good location, great house, owner very helpful
The house is not far from Carcassonne. It has 3 good sized bedrooms. The pool was very welcome in the Summer heat. The kitchen had extensive crockery and cutlery. The owner Suzi was very helpful, and sorted out any issues very quickly. Would happily return.
Very homely and comfortable
Large and well equipped house with a homely feel located in a nice quiet village. Master bedroom balcony had great views and the other two bedrooms were well furnished and good sizes. The garden was private with a pleasant pool,space for two cars and the bikes were a nice bonus.Owner Suzi was very helpful but not intrusive.Whilst only twenty minutes from Carcassonne [ the medieval "Le Cite" gets very busy ,so its best to visit early or late] you will need a car to get the most of exploring the area with its many beautiful villages and small towns. Locally the tea shop/art gallery "OBA" hidden away in Montreal village is definitely worth a visit , good food and a warm welcome.Also worth a visit was the Auberge Du Dominican restaurant located on the main road five minutes walk from the house.Good menu and again with very reasonably priced food and drink. A great place to stay if you want to unwind and make the odd foray to explore the locla area.l
Great Location easy access to loads of attractions
The property is excellent with all the facilities you need, the owner is so accommodating that your stay is so relaxed making it a great holiday destination. Within easy reach by car are some fantastic sights in the heart of Cathar country and not forgetting Carcassonne. it is also easy to spend a day at the beach, go white water rafting or canyoning for those wanting a bit more adventure. Mirepoix is also well worth a visit and has some great restaurants. Thoroughly recommended
From the Owner
“My property is on the edge of the Village, with fantastic views, and within walkind distance of all the local shops.”
Activity and Interests
Narbonne is approximately 45 minutes drive away.
Roses in Spain is 2 hours drive away.
Direct daily flights to Carcassonne (20 mins). You can also fly to Toulouse & Beziers, all served by Ryanair from Stanstead, Liverpool, Leeds, Bristol, East Midlands, Manchester, Birmingha, Shannon, Cork, and Dublin.
Other airlines include British Airways, Flybe, and Easyjet.
The village of Montreal is within walking distance of the house.
There are two bakeries, small supermarket, butchers, bank, tabac, bars and restaurants.
The beautiful town of Carcassonne with it's Medieval Cite is a 20 minute drive away.
- Booking Notes:
Changeover dates are flexible.
Arrival time not before 4pm and departure time is 10am.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I am willing to offer a 'cook a meal for you' service during one or two nights of your stay as well as offering a laundry service and a daily or every other day clean for you, so you can relax and enjoy your holiday! (extra costs will be charged)”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The house has a spacious bathroom with shower, wash basin and bidet, and a separate W/C.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with king size bed. Fitted wardrobe with ample storage. Bedroom 2: Double bed. Wardrobe. Bedroom 3: Large room with double bed and one single bed. Fitted wardrobe with ample storage. All bedrooms have ceiling fans.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Not suitable for children under 8 years old. The front terrace and BBQ area are equipped with garden tables and chairs. Pool area provides six wooden multi position sun loungers. Outside: Private 9.5 x 5 pool, 1.5m deep with steps leading down into the pool. The pool is for your sole use and is alarmed. There is a covered south facing terrace with dining table and chairs. The purpose built covered BBQ also has a dining table bench/chairs. Six sun loungers are provided by the pool. Large garden with off street parking. Two pedal cycles are available for guests use. Change over dates are flexible. The owner is on hand at the property should you encounter any problems. The owner is willing to do a pre-arrival food shop, should you require, payment due on arrival. Utility Room: Laundry service available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, and towels are provided, as well as separate pool towels, these are changed mid-stay for 2 week bookings. Laundry service available.