Cottage built in medieval wall of Luffness castle , Nr.Gullane and Aberlady, East Lothian, Scotland - Very Peaceful Location, Situated On Aberlady Bay Between Aberlady And Gullane With Its Golf Courses
Luffness golfers cottage is an historic cottage, which has been totally renovated. It used to be in the 18th and 19th century the gardeners cottage of Luffness castle. The cottage is build in the medieval wall of Luffness castle, and it has a beautiful view over Aberlady Bay and the Aberlady Bay Nature reserve. The cottage has its own garden and parking space with view of the castle and its garden.
About the Owner
In the middle of a golfers paradise 2 minutes from the village Gullane and Aberlady, to rent a cottage on the grounds of a very historic castle, with beautiful gardens. The cottage can sleep 6 to 8 people.There are 3 twin bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The sitting room has an open fire place and also a wood burner, there is Satellite t.v,. DVD player, and a well equipped kitchen, washing machine, dishwasher. Aberlady is situated on the Aberlady Bay, with its own nature reserve. Walking distance from the sea, beautiful beaches and dunes.Very attractive villages around and half an hour drive from the airport Edinburgh and the town Edinburgh. Regular train services to Edinburgh from nearby station Longniddry.
From the Owner
“The property has been in the Hope family for over 300years. The cottage is built in the medieval wall which surround the castle.To enter the cottage, you drive through the private grounds of the castle along the wall of the historic double walled fruitgarden (built between 1808 and 1812) The fruitgarden was built by french prisoners of war during the Napoleonic wars and can be visited. It is a unic fruitgardens in Scotland. The cottage was built for the gardeners of Luffness in the 18th century. It has been totally renovated in the spring of 2014 and is now a very attractive place to stay.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Aberlady is famous for its Nature Reserve, a walkers paradise.
Ten minutes walk from the beach, 1 minute walk from the nature reserve.
Edinburgh and Edinburgh airport are a half an hour drive from the cottage.
Aberlady and Gullane are 4 minutes drive away (Muirfield 5 Minutes), and North Berwick is 10 minute.Drem and Longniddry railway stations are 10 minutes away. The bus to Edinburgh/North berwick (a half hourly service) is on the doorstep of the estate.
Aberlady and Gullane are the nearest villages. Aberlady is 1 mile away and can be reached by a walk through the estate. Gullane is 2 miles away.
Aberlady has two good pubs, The Old Aberlady Inn and The Kilspindie House Hotel. Gullane has the Golf Hotel, The Old Clubhouse, and a number of other places. All these serve good food. In North Berwick there are further excellent restaurants, Haddington is a typical provincial town and East Linton Is worth visiting. Down the road of the Estate is the Motor museum, and about 15 min. From us is the museum of a Flight, with its yearly airshow.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jan 2024 - 20 Dec 2024
7 night minimum stay
- Booking Notes:
The minimum stay is 3 nights. Deposit required in order to receive a firm booking. The balance to be paid at arrival.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“To visit the garden and the historic fruit garden, build between 1808 and 1812 is worth a visit. The Nature Reserve opposite the road belongs to the Luffness a Estate and is a great attraction for bird watchers from all over Great Britain too, also the walk through the reserve through the dunes to the beach is a very great attraction. There are many golf courses around Luffness, about 21 courses. Luffness New Golfcourse was build by Henri Walter Hope with the help of Tom Morris,the famous golfer. The Golfcourse is next door to the Estate.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 twin bedroom with shower room, wash hand basin and w.c. en-suit There is a second bathroom with bath/shower, wash hand basin and w.c. Than there is a third bathroom en suit with washhandbasin, wc and shower, all very modern and new.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: 6 to 9 Notes on bedrooms: 2 twinbedrooms with possible extra bed, One double bedroom with double bed,with possibility of 2 single beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is an internet access . The cottage is part of the Luffnes estate, and has a view over Luffness gardens. Luffness New Golfcourse is situated on the Estate. The cottage sleeps 6 but for an extra price 3 extra pers. could be accomodated Outside: Patio and garden with garden furniture, and BBQ provided if required. The cottage is situated on Aberlady Bay. A path leads through its nature reserve to its dunes and beaches. There are over twenty golf courses in the immediate vicinity including the world famous Muirfield. (See the golf map of East Lothian) Utility Room: has a deep freezer and storage trunk. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bath towels and bedlinen are provided and included in the price. The cottage will be weekly cleaned. Washing machine and dishwasher Included. Wifi available. Other: The large twin bedroom has a view over the Aberlady Bay and its Nature reserve. All rooms have been very carefully decorated, the cottage has been totally renovated this year, and equipped with the latest equipment. It is an ideal hideaway.