Farmhouse in Mudgley, Nr. Wedmore, Somerset, England - Overlooking Somerset Levels
Flagstone floors, stone walls and elm beams predominate. The property is set in its own grounds with orchard and chickens and geese and sheep in the field which runs down to a small stream. Beyond is a nature reserve and a small road with little traffic.
Old yew tree approx. 350 years stands close by. The lane is a no through road so little traffic apart from to the cider farm where you may purchase cheese, veg, the odd pheasant, jams and picked, straw, have and cider.
About the Owner
Have been involved in renovation of this house and the grounds since 2000 as its a very special spot that really has to be seen to be appreciated. A very creative space that I enjoy and welcome some guests to enjoy as well.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"The house was fantastic.I must say it was the best place I have stayed and felt quite sad to leave......." guest from sunderland august 2013
From the Owner
“Near to Glastonbury and Wells but with its own distinct space overlooking the levels and not a house in sight as far as the eye can see, which is around 9 miles to Glastonbury Tor. There are few such places left in this country.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Yoga available in the barn upon request with qualified teacher. Ping pong table and piano. additional large kitchen space separate available for catered meals if requested (extra).
Twenty five minutes to Burnham on sea.
Twenty minutes to Bristol airport.
Five minutes to Wedmore shops. 200 yards to cider barn, vegetables, cheese, pickles and cider available.
Equal distance to Glastonbury (15 minutes) the City of Wells and Cheddar Gorge.
- Booking Notes:
Deposit required upon booking
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
pricing depends on number of guests usual charge is £120 per person for weekends, friday pm till sunday pm.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“At night there is little light pollution and so you may enjoy the sky at night. The sun rises to our left and descends in the west so as you look out across the sky there is usually some interesting patterns and clouds to be scanned with the eye. Great for kids to explore safely too down to the stream where you might see dragonflies and water beetles swimming in the ford there.Just saw some baby ducklings yesterday and have seen a kingfisher.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- One en suite bath, further upstairs bath, one shower room downstairs.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Four upstairs bedrooms have views of the fields and beyond, one four poster, one very large bed with extra bed in room and sofa, one room with twin beds and another double. one bedroom downstairs with double bed and a another double room above the barn.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Underfloor heating carries a small charge in the winter Outside: Ancient yew tree on lawn, second terrace, orchard, field beyond, no houses in sight. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen yes, towels no. Other: Wonderful dining room with huge open fireplace where you might roast a hog! tuned upright piano in barn, drums, table tennis available.