Cottage in Winchcombe, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England - Welcome To Your Idyllic Cotswold Stay, Enjoy Excellent Accommodation With Fabulous Views
Sleeps 10. 5 bedroom cottage situated in the heart of the Cotswolds in Winchcombe, an ancient Saxon town. Walk only 250 yards to the inns, shops and restaurants, or a footpath across the fields at the rear of the property takes you to Sudeley Castle. Kingfisher Cottage is an ideal base for walkers, the Cotswold Way and Gloucestershire Way are on your doorstep. Perfect location for family gatherings, large dining conservatory and spacious well equipped kitchen. Enjoy the luxury of your own on-suite, underfloor heating and limestone floors.
Our conscierge vehicle can be booked for trips, drop off/collection for bus/train station ( Evesham/Paddington London ) 10 miles away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We stayed at Kingfisher Cottage with our French relatives – three couples and a single man. We cannot state enough how superb the whole experience was – the house was modern, but tastefully and beautifully appointed. It was spacious enough with three large downstairs living areas to suit all of us and give us space to be together (e.g. for meals or discussions) when we felt like it, or separate (e.g. using computers with free wifi, watching TV in different areas, doing quiet activities). The hosts were helpful and discrete. A very good experience."
"The perfect cottage, all bedrooms have a bathroom and just a short stroll to Winchcombe which is a lovely place! The owners live next door and were so helpful with local information. The cottage had everything you could want, right down to a box of plasters!"
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
We stayed in this cottage for a surprise birthday weekend for my partner & it was fantastic, the were 5 couples & plenty of space 4 all of us, the house was superb, it had everything we needed, I cannot recall anything that was missing, being the host I found the kitchen just perfect & it had everything you could possibly need, the owners even left tea coffee & biscuits for our arrival which I thought was such a thoughtful touch, not that we needed them but they live next door so are around if you need anything & they are so friendly it was such a pleasure. Most of our party took in the amazing walks & views around Winchcombe & all of us said we would go back again in a heartbeat. The spacious garden at the cottage is beautiful and very well maintained. We could fault a thing, if you are looking at staying at this cottage DO NOT hesitate, book it you will not be disappointed.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Kingfisher Cottage is an ideal base for walkers, the Cotswold Way and Gloucestershire Way are on the doorstep.
Historic Cotswold villages
Area of outstanding natural beauty for tours and visits
Horse riding and fishing - 2 miles
Major attractions include Warwick Castle, Sudeley Casle, Blenheim Palace, Stratford on Avon, Oxford, Gloucester Cathedral, shopping in Cheltenham or Bicester Village (all within 1 hour).
Historic gardens and manor houses
Cotswold Wildlife Park
Cotswold Farm Park (Adam's Farm-Countryfile )
Village 'Open Gardens'
Local festivals - cheese rolling / shin kicking as well as literature, science and music festivals.
Ideal local cycling and bike rides in the Forest of Dean
GWR Steam Train rides nearby
Prescott Speed Hill Climb
Royal International Air Tattoo
Birmingham/Bristol airport 1 hr 15 mins.
Mainline stations: Cheltenham to Kings Cross London (10 miles )
Evesham to Paddington London ( 10 miles )
Travel time by train just over 2 hrs.
Coach - Cheltenham to London Victoria 3 hrs.
Collection/drop off available.
Walk only 250 yards to the ancient inns, shops and restaurants, or a footpath across the fields at the rear of the property takes you to Sudeley Castle.
Cheltenham Spa, with its wonderful racecourse and shops is just 7 miles away.
Winchcombe is self sufficiant for all your immediate needs (bank, doctor, chemist ). Excellent choice of butchers and food shopping. Bus service to Broadway and Cheltenham . This all enables you to have a 'car free' holiday.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner (+44 01242603872 ) or view our website.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite to each of the four upstairs bedrooms. Each with power shower, master bedroom with shower bath.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs bedroom, suitable for disabled access, with a wet room. Upstairs has three double bedrooms and one twin bedroom, all with ensuite facilities and TVs.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Delightful riverbank setting, level access and wide doors caters for all ages including those who are infirm or disabled. Walk-in wet room with wheelchair access. Outside: Large patio with an enclosed, pretty riverside garden, with fishing. Panoramic views to the rear and excellent provision for outdoor dining. Utility Room: Superbly equipped utility with washing machine, dryer and large freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are provided. Other: Kingfisher Cottage has a large dining conservatory with fabulous views. Pool table and sofa as additional recreation area.