5 bedroom holiday house near the beach
Fernbank is a large holiday home with:
- 5 bedrooms and a sofabed (sleeping 10-12)
- 2 living rooms
- 2 bathrooms
- a large, fully-equipped kitchen with seating for 12
- a playroom
- a table-tennis room in the basement
- a large garden
- parking for 3 cars
Even at full capacity, Fernbank doesn't feel crowded. The Victorian house, which has been in the family for over 40 years, has recently been refurbished and has a light and airy feel. The owners enjoy staying there themselves several times a year. The garden is large enough for children to play outdoor games in, and both front and back gardens are secure.
***A note about our rates:***
We have a weekly price and a long weekend price. The Owners Direct system often misquotes prices for shorter stays as their system is 'too clever'! So, please make sure you check with us.
The weekly price (Saturday - Saturday) is usually quoted correctly - this fluctuates depending on the time of year and holiday period.
The long weekend price averages £750 for three nights but may be lower, depending on the season.
Please check with us and we can clarify!
About the Owner
Fernbank is owned by our family, the Mitchells, who first visited Gower in the 1950s. Generations of the family have been coming to Horton ever since. We think that the Gower is a really special place. It is beautiful and peaceful, with stunning sandy beaches, wonderful walks, and it never gets too crowded. If you love fresh air, wildlife, swimming and rock pools, you will never tire of the area!
From the Owner
“Fernbank is ideal for family holidays and for large groups of friends. It is one of the larger self-catering properties in the area. There is enough space for everyone to eat and socialise together, but also to have their own space. The garden is ideal for kids to play and kick a ball around, and for the family to enjoy outdoor meals and barbecues.”
Activity and Interests
- Gower is a beautiful part of the country and is ideal for those who love outdoor activities. There are many fabulous walks around the coast path and inland.
- There is swimming, surfing and other sea sports at all times of the year (wetsuit required!)
- You can enjoy sea fishing, both from the rocks as well as from organised trips in Swansea.
- Golfers have a choice of several links courses locally.
- There is also a local Archery & Falconry centre, as well as Pony
- Trekking on the Bryn.
- Lovers of wildlife have plenty to sea around the coast, from birds of prey to seals.
- It is a 5 minute walk down the hill from Fernbank to the beach.
- There are many other beautiful beaches within easy driving distance.
A car is recommended, but there is a regular bus from Swansea which has a mainline train station.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn low season
30 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
- We are happy to consider shorter stays and mid-week changeovers in mid or low season
- We request a £300 returnable damage deposit - not listed in the rates above as it doesn't make it clear that this figure is returnable!
- In peak season the changeover day is Saturday
- School holidays, including half term, are peak season
- Please see the Fernbank website for a full breakdown of pricing. http://fernbankgower.co.uk/availability-rates/
- On booking, 50% of the rent is required.
- The remaining 50% is required plus £300 security deposit 8 weeks before your stay.
- The security deposit is returned as soon as the house has been checked.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Many of our guests return year after year to enjoy the house and the wonderful beach of Port Eynon bay. It is a few minutes' walk to the lovely sandy beach, where you can enjoy water activities, or just lie down with a good book from our bookshelves.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 upstairs - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - downstairs - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot, The cot can be moved to any room
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, This room has a sink
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, This room has a sink
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, This is a bunk bed. This room has a sink.
- Playroom - 1 Sofa bed/Futon, The playroom downstairs has a double sofabed
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Garden: The private garden is large enough for children to play ball games and is surrounded by a wall and gates. There is a large picnic table, seating and a portable barbecue. The basement leading into the garden has table tennis room Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble-dryer, 3 freezers, microwave. Included: Cleaning, bedding, bath towels are included in the weekly rate.