Barn in Taunton, Somerset, England - Rural Location
A large, airy converted barn at the far end of a courtyard of buildings, surrounded by fields and parkland. There is an enclosed garden with a pond and fences for safety. A summer house, BBQ, hot tub and garden shed full of outdoor games for use during your stay. The 10m x 5m indoor swimming pool is yours exclusively.
Baby and toddler equipment can be supplied free of charge.
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
Great stay shame about being wrongfully charged
This home is perfect for a large group of friends with young children or families. The layout works well, the pool area clean and over all an ideal home to spend days around without even having to get in your car. The kids were secure in the gardens and the kitchen had everything we needed. The only real shame to this stay was that when we checked out they claimed we had made a mark on a side table which no one was aware of. Furthermore the mark was then charged to us and no consideration that the cleaners or previous guests themselves may have caused it. We were 100% set on booking next year and now we are hesitating as to if we should. If you do book here I would suggest taking photographs of absolutely everything when checking in. Otherwise you may get wrongfully stung too. We wish we had taken photographs, as much of a nuisance this may have been but we are now being charged a very, hefty price. Not fair play. And such a sour taste left to such a wonderful weekend.
Activity and Interests
Nearest airports are Bristol, 1 hrs drive and Exeter, 40 minutes drive.
Nearest port would be Plymouth 1 hrs drive.
Nearest village is Hillfarrance half a mile and Oake 1mile. There is a pub in Hillfarrace and a village shop in Oake. Norton Fitzwarren 2 miles, has a small supermarket.
Taunton is 4 miles.
Bookings can be made on our website or by contacting us directly. A 25% deposit is required to secure the dates with the balance due 12 weeks prior to arrival. We accept Debit, Credit cards, BACs payments and cheques.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
We offer short breaks all year round which are normally...
7 or 3 nights from a Friday and/or 4 nights from a Monday.
Christmas and NY dates can be flexible.
Arrival time is from 4pm on arrival date and departure by 10am on departure day.
Notes on prices:
7 night stays from £2150 - £4000
3 night weekend stays from £1800 - £2500
4 night midweek stays from £1200 - £2500
All prices are inclusive of VAT
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has a bath with shower over. Bedroom 2 has a bath only. Bedroom 3, 4 & 5 have showers and bedroom 6 has a wet room. All bathrooms have a wc and basin.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms have super king size zip and link beds so can be double or twins depending on your preference. Toddler beds (2) and cots (2) can also be supplied. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities and televisions with free view.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pets accepted on request only. Outside: Large garden, patio with large table and chairs, charcoal BBQ, summer house and hot tub. Exclusive use of 10m x 5m indoor swimming pool that is heated all year round. Children's climbing frame and slide and other garden games available for your use. Utility Room: A washing machine and separate tumble dryer are located in the utility room on the first floor. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen towels & bathrobes are included. If your stay extends past 7 days the house will be cleaned and linen changed.