House in Wroxham, Nr. Norwich, North Norfolk, England
Set back from the main road within ten minute walk of the centre of Wroxham 'capital of the broads' where you can hire a boat or book a relaxing cruise on the river or simply sit in one of the waterside inns and watch the boats pass. The Norfolk coast has many beautiful beaches all within a short drive with the Bure Valley steam railway and traditional seaside amenities. The historical Blickling Hall childhood home of Ann Boleyn and the 17th century Felbrigg Hall are certainly worth a visit and children will enjoy a family day out at Bewilderwood outdoor Adventure Park. For golf enthusiasts Sprowston Roayal Norwich Royal Sheringham Cromer, Eaton Weston Park Costessey and the nine holes at Mundsley are all within easy reach. Norwich is only 6 miles away with its museums, magnificent cathedral, theatres shops and places to eat. Buses pass the door and there is a railway station at Wroxham. There is a Park and Ride three miles away which will take you into the city.
About the Owner
About Angela Day
Our house belonged to my Godmother and has been in the family since it was built in the late 1950's. Because its situated in Wroxham and we enjoy the area we still like to visit. Norfolk is a county with a variety of interests to suit everyone. We have extended the property and it now has two downstairs bedrooms plus an additional shower room, which is ideal for anyone not able to deal with stairs. There are two travel cot and high chairs for younger visitors and a selection of our grandchildren toys to play with. Although we live only an hour away we and the family do stay there regularly. We also welcome well behaved dogs
Angela Day purchased this house in 2011
Why Angela Day chose Norfolk Broads
The property has been in the family for many years. The area is a favourite with the river bure only a short walk away with its hustle and bustle of boats to hire or to book a trip It is a gateway to Norwich a beautiful city with its cathedral museums, theatres and shops., beautiful beaches on the Norfolk coast within a short drive plus other well known broads within a short distance. Bewilderwood an adventure play park is only a short distance away
It is also central for several golf courses
The garden is large and completely enclosed which is ideal for children and dogs.
What makes this house unique
It is a warm comfortable house with a large enclosed garden. It is a short walk from all amenities and is situated on a bus route into Norwich or to the coast. Trains run from the station into Norwich.
There is also a steam train that runs between Wroxham and the town of Aylesham and another that runs from Sheringham along the Norfolk coast.
The house is well centred for all amenities
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“The property has been in the family for many years. The area is a favourite with the river bure only a short walk away with its hustle and bustle of boats to hire or to book a trip It is a gateway to Norwich a beautiful city with its cathedral museums, theatres and shops., beautiful beaches on the Norfolk coast within a short drive plus other well known broads within a short distance. Bewilderwood an adventure play park is only a short distance away It is also central for several golf courses The garden is large and completely enclosed which is ideal for children and dogs.”
Activity and Interests
The Norfolk coast with its delightful beaches is within half an hours drive.
Wroxham is the centre of the broads with boating is a 10 minute walk away
Norwich Airport is the closest airport, Harwich Port within 2 hour drive.
Approx. Norwich 6 miles
Wroxham 10 min. walk.
The coast within half an hour drive.
Wroxham is famous for 'Roys' has a large store with free car parking where all groceries may be purchased as well a departmental store, garden centre, DIY. Banks, cash machines etc.,
Many restaurants fish and chips and takeaways, pubs etc., a very popular venue. Wroxham Barnes with its craft shops small animal park and play area and cafe is a short drive away BeWILDerwood is a favourite of children
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Jan 2017 - 20 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
21 Apr 2017 - 8 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
£50.. deposit - one month prior to booking full payment
Friday change over day but could be flexible. Departure time 10.a.m. arrival after 3.p.m.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“It is a warm comfortable house with a large enclosed garden. It is a short walk from all amenities and is situated on a bus route into Norwich or to the coast. Trains run from the station into Norwich. There is also a steam train that runs between Wroxham and the town of Aylesham and another that runs from Sheringham along the Norfolk coast. The house is well centred for all amenities”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom upstairs with bath shower over , toilet and wash basin. Downstairs shower room with wash basin Separate toilet.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs 1 double with bedroom leading off with bunk beds. Upstairs 2 double rooms plus bedroom with bunk beds, two travel cots. available
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The downstairs bedroom , shower and toilet makes the property suitable for anyone who is unable to climb stairs. Disabled toilet seat available if required. Outside: Enclosed large walled garden with secure fenced off fish pond. BBQ (charcoal) and garden furniture. Utility Room: washing machine small freezer and tumble dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: 2 towels per person - one hand one bath size, linen is included. hot water and heating is included in the price. Other: The conservatory has been made into the dining area. This can seat 10 people. The living area off the kitchen has a small table which can seat 6 people. The garden has two tables which can between them seat 10. There is a charcoal Barbecue.