|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Casa Mandarino is a is a recently renovated studio and consists of: 1 bright living room/dining room with a fully-equipped kitchen corner (stove, oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine), table with chairs enlightened by a door window opening into a equipped terrace with an amazing view on the sea, shade of a tree mandarin.
The apartment are equipped with air condition and heating.
A 30% deposit is paid at the time of booking. The balance is due 60 days prior to arrival at the property.
100 Euro cash deposit on arrival for accidental damages to the property which is fully refunded
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
The rental price includes: final cleaning; electricity; linens; towels.
- great location - a grocery store within 100 metres (which is no small thing when you are in coastal towns where walking any distance can mean hundreds of stairs and/or large uphill/downhill travel); one of the best restaurants on the coast is also located within 150 metres; coffee bar and a little pizza restaurant are also a 3 minute walk
- great host - her father lives next door and is extremely gracious … it would be helpful if you speak some Italian as we did, but communication through hand signals is possible regardless
- parking is in public parking spots on the road up or down from the apartment … you may need to pay a small fee for a parking voucher, but if you are only parked there overnight I believe it’s only Euro 2
- we had both the Tower and the Apartment - both are extremely well appointed and contain everything you might need
- the apartments were comfortable and clean
- the highlight of booking the Tower is the rooftop where you can sit to watch the sunset or just to get a great view up and down the coast
spacious and cosy studio, good location with bars and restaurants nearby, reasonable price for the accomodation
The delightful studio is located near the centre of the pretty little village of Conca and is perfect for anyone wanting to get away from it all, yet be near to all amenities. We were made very welcome by Guiseppe and soon settled in to a slower pace of life. The apartment was very clean and well maintained and the little terrace was lovely. We dined under the mandarin tree with a view of the beautiful bay. One of our favourite discoveries was a nearby restaurant, Risto, where we ate on the terrace most evenings. Good, rustic cuisine and friendly staff added to our great experience.
We did hire a car, but there was actually no need, as there is a good bus service to Amalfi, from where there are ferries to Capri, Positano and several other resorts. We would thoroughly recommend the studio for a simple, romantic break.
The casa is set high above the sea in a quiet spot with a very good restaurant and well stocked mini supermarket just 100 metres away and a super butcher shop even closer.
The property was very well maintained and clean. From the description we had expected a separate bedroom but in fact the bed was in the same room as the dining area and kitchen, so we thought it should best be described as a studio. There were no comfortable chairs either inside the property or on the patio, just dining chairs, so the bed was the only comfortable place to sit and read.
The kitchen was modern and well set out but we felt it was not very well equipped with the smaller items that we would expect. There was no kettle or toaster and the three cooking pans (no frying pan) were enormous which meant that to boil water to make a cup of tea tea we had to use a 5 or 6 litre capacity pan! At the other extreme there was an on stove top coffee maker that made only one cup of espresso at a time!
These was no hair dryer but one was provided by the owner when he returned to his property above mid way through the week.
Having said all this we enjoyed our stay in the stunning area in which we did walks which gave us wonderful views and the trips we made to Herculaneum, Pompeii and Paestum for which the property was a good base.
We feel that a few simple additions would make this property a more comfortable and more user friendly place to stay.