House in Goult, Unbeatable Location, Stunning Roo f Terrace Views, Quiet Private Garden Around Pool, Sleeps 8+ in 4+ bedrooms. Central to village but spaciou
Goult is one of the most beautiful villages in France, set in the heart of the Luberon National Park. The house is like a village inside the village, with its two main buildings, its paved passageway, its sheltered corners and verandahs, its terraces, garden and summer kitchen. Equipped to high standard - good food is a priority for us - you will have all amenities for a comfortable relaxing and quiet private holiday. There are ample books and games, and different areas for members of your group to enjoy separate corners or mix altogether. You can be outside or in. There are 5 restaurants in Goult, the epicerie is 50 paces away, the main cafe is just round the corner. Amongst the other nearby hilltop villages Goult benefits from being the most 'living French'. It is also more sheltered from the Mistral. It has the most lively cafe, with a fabulous chef. You can leave you car
alone for this holiday and luxuriate in the house and village or enjoy lots of local markets and restaurants.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful village home in charming Luberon town
About the Owner
We live in Cambridge and have four children, two still at home, two others with grandchildren. All love the house -as does our Labradoodle of 3 years old. We both have a love of France and all it offers. We previously had a house in Brittany, but moved our holiday home to Provence to benefit from both the climate and range of facilities, and outdoor pursuits available. We have kept the house traditional while making it very comfortable so it is easy to relax. It hosts precious finds from local markets and junk shops. We love the local vide-grenier = loft clearances. We try to visit as often as possible; usually driving in one hit from home in the UK. Friends and family come frequently by Ryanair from Stansted to Marseille, as well as by train to Avignon.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Wanted to send a big thanks for an excellent stay at your fine home in Goult. What an absolute gem of a house and property, not to mention the charming town where it resides. Our group had a very memorable visit - perfect weather, great dining experiences, and enjoyable visits to the neighboring towns. In particular, wanted to mention how much we enjoyed cooking and dining in the home. We enjoyed multiple dinners at the house, and breakfast each morning. Took advantage of the local produce stands and the butcher in town. Really hope we have the opportunity to visit again.
All the best,
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful village home in charming Luberon town
Highly recommend this authentic village home for anyone seeking a base for a holiday in Luberon. In the beautiful village of Goult, home to many great restaurants yet off the radar of most tourists. Wonderful chefs kitchen for cooking meals & modern ammedities in an authentic French village home. Roy was a perfect host and provided clear, quick and very helpful email communication to ensure a great holiday. Only hope we'all be able to return one day to visit.
Wonderfull holiday superb location!
This was an outstanding holiday property. Set in a wonderful traffic free road with beautiful mediaeval streets this house has everything one could wish for in a holiday property. The garden is quiet with a fantastic pool (like swimming in an ancient Roman bath!) and the perfect place to relax and read. There are sufficient rooms to sleep a large number of people without feeling crowded and ample space for privacy if required. The views from the upstairs bedroom and terrace are completely breath taking. The house is clean, well stocked and the owners ensure high standards throughout, and there are excellent amenities in the village including well stocked grocery, cafe, pizzeria, post office, numerous restaraunts and a great bakery. The village itself is quiet and not 'tourist' crowded like some of the nearby towns. A wonderful place to use as a base to explore the Surrounding countryside including markets and stunning scenery.
Definitely recommend this property for holidays.
Beautifully Renovated Provence Village House
In many ways we'd like to keep this gem of a house our secret but that wouldn't be fair on the delightful owners, Emily and Roy. They truly let you share their beloved home in Goult, a small but very friendly village in the Luberon, Provence.
Behind the simple facade lies the most sympathetically renovated house we've rented in many years. It comfortably sleeps 10 and the bathrooms, bedrooms and living areas are not only authentically executed but with total comfort in mind. The bedrooms are large, airy and all have large windows with the original shutters. The principal bedroom on the top floor enjoys a private roof terrace with the most amazing views over the village, especially at sunrise.
The swimming pool wraps around the dry-stone clad house and the garden is beautifully maintained.
The village of Goult itself is also perfect. The well-known Cafe de la Poste is full to the brim every lunch time as diners follow the menu and before long you feel like you know everyone in it as well as the friendly owners. The local shop sells ripe cheeses and fruits and you really could leave your car in the car park and not touch it for a week if you wanted.
However, we enjoyed the local villages of Gordes, Rousillon and the town of Iles sur la Sorgues where we swam in the river with the locals and kayaked from the source in Fontaines de Vaucluse - this is a two hour trip down the river and is safe for all ages. Our family of four, two adults and two teenage kids, absolutely loved mooring up on the bank and swimming in crystal clear water.
We enjoyed swimming and walking in Les Calanques, in Cassis just an hour away, which unless you google you won't believe me when I say they are total paradise. And if you are feeling really energetic, the drive of 1.5 hours to Lac St. Croix in the Verdun Gorges is well worth it. Swimming in the see-through water with not a soul around is incredible and we can recommend the small restaurant in Baudoin for a lunch.
The local vineyard, Verriere, sells a delicious rose wine and white at a very friendly price. Local markets are also great.
Roy and Emily supplied excellent instructions for the property, for departure date and they returned our booking deposit immediately. It was a pleasure communicating with them and they went out of their way to make us feel like their house was ours for the week we stayed. I would highly recommend their house to friends and relatives - as long as it's not when we want to go!
Yet again we've had a wonderful stay in this lovely house, well it's more of a home than just a house! You couldn't ask for anything more, clean and comfortable throughout. The kitchen has everything you need and more, with a big dining table if you want to eat inside, but great facilities for eating out side in the garden too . The garden has all sorts of options for lounging around in the sun by the beautiful pool, deck chairs, loungers, hammock. Bedrooms are fabulous, with clean crisp linen and plenty of comfy pillows.
The house is close to shops with the epicerie, cheese shop, butcher and baker just around the corner. Then there are several great places to eat and also to sit and have a drink in the evening and watch the world go buy.
I cant recommend enough!
We spent 2 weeks with friends and family in this wonderful house in Goult.
It is ideal for a party of 8 as you have two separate houses - so everyone has his privacy.
The best shops and restaurants are just around the corner.
We just loved every minute in this house and village.
we would def. come again!
It was a unforgetable stay.
I would suggest that the house is not for kids under 5. The steps in the pool house are really steep.
Great holiday in Provence
Family holiday in very relaxing surroundings. Easy house to use with lots of spaces for children to be away from adults if we wanted peace and quiet. Very clean on arrival. Garage a bit crowded so table tennis didn't get used. Lots of games, books galore, and superb pool was never empty of bodies. The village is a gem with five restaurants to choose from - we liked the cafe most of all and spent too much time there. Highly recommended holiday village, holiday house, and area of France - we'll be back!
From the Owner
“We looked extensively in the area and considered both country and town houses. After having a rural house in northern France we decided on a village house to be able to walk to the butcher and baker. This has proved a huge success. We stumbled upon this lovely town house with enough outside and inside space to hold all our family and friends with ease. Walking everywhere is our norm and we often don't leave the village for days on end. The surrounding villages are great to visit with guests to show them the sights; but the level of tourist visitors in the other Luberon villages makes them very crowded in summer. Goult retains a lot of charm and is sometimes described as the 'secret' village of the national park. Goult is not on a through route for traffic so we benefit from its calm.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Canoeing nearby on La Durance river and elsewhere between Isle Sur La Sorgue and Fontaine de Vaucluse - Evasion Vert is one company - 30-45 minutes
Marseille, Cassis, Bandol and the Calanques 1 hour - 1 hr30
Camargue, La Grande Motte Palavas Carnon 1 hour 30 - 1hr45
Kayak and canoe hire and Forest zip wire and climbing at Fontaine de Vaucluse
Detailed guide on activities in the area provided
Airports - Marseille 1 hr, Nice 2 hr 30, Avignon 35 min, Nimes 1hr 30
TGV / Eurostar : Avignon 45 min
Driving : 10 hours Calais
Car hire recommended for touring the area. Although facilities and provisions from the local epicerie in Goult very near the house, can make you self contained - very good fresh bread, fruit and vegetables in the village.
Bicycle hire available locally and cycle route along the Luberon valley.
Mont Ventoux for cycling enthusiasts with hire from Bedouin 1hr30.
Luberon villages of Menerbes, Bonnieux, Gordes, Rousillon, Lacoste - 10 - 15 mins.
Apt, Coustelet -15 mins. Isle Sur Sorgue, Fontaine de Vaucluse, 20 mins. Avignon , St Remy de Provence 40 mins. Aix en Provence, Arles, Orange 1hr. Pont du Gard, Uzes, Nimes, Camargue 1hr30. Montpellier 1hr 45.
The house is close to all facilities in the village yet remains very private and quiet. The village is not open to through traffic and has to be explored on foot. Car access to the door is possible for unloading, but there is almost no traffic past the door. The lane we are on is for resident access only. Ample parking nearby in the village square next to the cafe. The lane is closed in summer as a Michelin 1 star restaurant in the street further along uses the street for diners.
Among a host of good local restaurants, Le Fournil in Bonnieux is highly recommended; and Bonnieux also boasts Eric Loubet's Michelin two starred Bastide de Capelongue. We dine frequently at Goult's Cafe de la Poste hosted by Bernard and Marie France with their Michelin trained chef son Alexei - lunchtimes only - closed Mondays.
Cash points in Coustelet and Apt most convenient. Post office in Goult.
July - Pierre Cardin's Arts festival in Lacoste and Avignon festival.
August - multiple music and other festivals. Brocante and Vide Grenier (second hand sales)
Famous walking routes around the valley - books and guides in the house.
Usually we will arrange for you to be met at the house for keys, and to be shown about - we have a local contact to help with any problems - owner is bilingual.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 7 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
High Season 2017
8 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Sep 2017 - 21 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 20% refundable security deposit is payable on booking. Bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of the deposit. The rental amount is due 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. The deposit will be returned, less any charges for breakages or damage, after your holiday.
If the property can be relet following a cancellation the full deposit will be returned.
Cancelation: If <8 weeks before the rental period the deposit return is at the discretion of the owner. Owner will try to relet.
Changeover day is usually Saturday. There may be flexibility on this in low season. Arrival time is 1700. Departure time is 0930.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The separate areas in the house means it's accommodates quite a number of people without feeling on top of each other. The rooms are well furnished and contain everything we need. We love cooking so the kitchen is very well fitted out and equipped - an outstanding butcher is just around the corner. The pool is a dream, and quite big enough to give us plenty of exercise to work off our over indulgences. Family visitors and others keep coming back for more. We have recently added a comprehensive list of suggested activities in the area which is provided.”
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- pets considered ...
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, This is en suite to Master Bedroom on top floor
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Spacious ground floor bath/shower rm. grd flr Shepherds Hse
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower hose to bath - no enclosure - first floor
- Main house Bathroom 1 Second Floor- En suite shower WC, roof terrace with seating - see photo - spacious sink in tiled work top and make up area Shower room 2 Ground Floor in attached 'Shepherds' house - 'Wet room' shower WC sink - next to bedroom 3, Ground floor and bedroom 4 First floor of 'Shepherds' house (also serves pool) Bathroom 2 Outside the bedroom on the first floor with twin beds and also next to Bedroom space 5 with double bed screened from staircase. This is a family bathroom, bath with shower attachment to bath taps, but no stand up enclosure, WC, large pedestal sink
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot, This is top floor 'master bedroom' roof terrace off
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Spacious large first floor Games TV Comfy sofa Main House
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, Ground floor of Shepherds house, adjacent wetroom/bathroom
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Large room first floor Shepherds House - overlooking garden
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8-10 (4 Bedrooms plus one landing sleep space - see below) Ideal capacity is 8 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Double bed with ensuite shower WC terrace - master bedroom Bedroom 2 Twin beds with sofa and Games TV Bedroom 3 Double bed ground floor in adjoining 'shepherds' house, close to wet room bathroom / shower Bedroom 4 Twin beds of first floor of adjoining 'shepherds' house - spacious room overlooking garden Bedspace 5 Double bed first floor main house, on a screened landing off the main staircase - open plan but not seen - due to screens from staircase Note there is one folding cot available (Stored top floor hanging cupboards) There is a day bed on the top floor master bedroom providing an additional bed for siestas or lounging.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is simple but stylish in decoration. We mind about mattresses and pillows so these are comfortable. Ample choice of bedding duvets or blankets. Family friendly with lots of games, table football, if desired (garage). Fans for all bedrooms if needed, hair dryer, lots of books. The house is very comfortable for 8 but can manage 10 easily with babies in addition if needed - advice from Landlord. Good TV reception follows English channels if desired. All rooms are joined by the glazed link dining area and the house flows inside and outside very comfortably. Described by some as a 'tardis' it surprises with its spaces so near to the village centre. The house provides different zones where privacy can be had, while not feeling isolated from others. The beamed ceilings, tiled floors, stone walls, vaulted ceiling make a wonderful atmosphere. The house is in a terrace and well placed to keep cool in high summer. Outside: Private pool with infinity edge to surrounding decking. Approx. 8 x 4 metres, with shallow and 2m depth area - heating by arrangement. Garden not overlooked and very sheltered. Cyprus trees and potted plants, hammock, deck chairs (6) sun loungers (2), two large outside tables each sitting 6-8. Multiple chairs and 4 benches. Parasol. The pool area is gated which separates the main garden and pool area from the house and outside passageway. This should be closed if children are outside and unsupervised. Pool open end of May to end of September. The pool is maintained during your let. Access to the pool is from the decking or by steps from the lawn area. There is a wall along one side from which children have jumped into the pool. Responsibility for pool safety is with the tenant. The outside kitchen barbecue area is poolside and provides a preparation area for dining outside. Utility Room: Tumble dryer Table football table - all in garage - The pool is heated by a heat exchanger which cools the garage and makes this a shelter for anyone wishing to avoid the heat and play table games. Garage is crowded not suitable for parking. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bath towels provided - please bring your own pool towels. Cleaning provided at end of let, and additionally by arrangement. (Tenant to remove recycling and rubbish to village collection point nearby.) Other: Outside kitchen with gas barbecue, tiled sink - cold water - fridge ( good for drinks ) work surface and additional table. Lighting and tiled floor opening to garden