Cottage near Kirriemuir, Scotland - Peaceful Rural Location
Auldallan Cottage is an ideal place to watch Scotland’s wildlife, rest or tour the beautiful countryside and historic Scotland. For the rainy day there is Television, DVD/CD player a selection of books and family games. The Cottage accommodation includes: Lounge, Kitchen/dinner, Bathroom with toilet, Shower room with toilet, Bedroom with two single beds, Bedroom with a double bed, Enclosed garden with panoramic sitting area. In the area -Situated in the scenic Quharity Glen, Auldallan is the perfect base for walks in the surrounding area and provides the natural countryside experience. Located approximately 6 miles from the historic town of Kirriemuir and a short distance from Forfar, Dundee & Perth are less than 3/4 hour away.
Top Traveller Review
Relaxing lovely hidaway.
About the Owner
Mary & I have owned Auldallan Cottage for 12 years, when we purchased it we we undertook significant refurbishment including adding a kitchen and bedroom extension using local materials and craftsmen.
My family grew up in Carnoustie and as teenager spent many summer holiday locally at nearby Craighton of Airlie, when the opportunity presented to purchase Auldallan Cottage we knew immediately this was the right decision and enjoy sharing the cottage.
We have used our cottage as a family retreat for our 4 children whenever we can and have celebrated many family occasions in the beautiful setting. When not used by our family we happily share the beauty and tranquility with others.
As our family has grown we have added additional accommodation in the form of the unique 2 bed self contained Armadilla glamping pod
Guestbook comments from the owner
The cottage is truly wonderful, the most amazing setting with views down the glen and so peaceful. Hills just behind the cottage, had to go 5m on the road, then all off road - up a track then to paths with birds singing, rabbits, deer etc for company. Cottage itself very comfortable, warm, wood burning stove, plenty big enough and lots of garden for the kids to grub about in. Loved it and hope to come back sometime soon. Thanks for letting us stay there.
My fishing friends and I have an annual May weekend every year for past 10 years Auldallan cottage has been the best. Top marks to the owners.
Perfect location for hibernating in the winter. Amazing scenery and wildlife. Comfortable, clean, well equipped cottage. One of the nicest properties I have stayed in. Very clean, modern and cosy. Beautiful views. Everything we wanted in a holiday!
4.5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Quiet well equipped cottage in a beautiful location
We had a great stay in the cottage in October, the location was perfect for our quiet relaxing holiday, the cottage is surrounded by open fields, perfect for walking with the dogs and kids.
The cottage is very well equipt in the kitchen, we loved having the log burner, only downside was the water/heating in the armadillo, but there was plenty of portable heaters, so it didn't stop us enjoying our hols.
Dundee is not too far away, great for days out, science centre, discovery museum, Olympia swimming pool.
Overall we had a great time, thankyou
Relaxing lovely hidaway.
Lovely well equipped holiday home, so relaxing and with no internet perfect to get away from it all. My kids had a great time playing in the burn and walking up the hills. So nice to get away from it all.
Fantastic cottage filly equipt, fantastic scenery very tranquil. Great nature walks and glam is castle near attraction was great. Will definitely return
If you're looking for a cottage well away from it all then Auldallan should be high on your list. It's up a small glen north of Kirriemuir which is one of the quietest places you could find and yet not hard to get to - half an hour north of Dundee. You need a car and you need to be comfortable driving on single track roads for the last few miles. The cottage is comfortable and well appointed, especially the kitchen. The surrounding area is fantastic for walking or cycling. There's a huge variety of walks nearby from tarmaced walks round a resevoir to the hills of Glen Clova - all wihin half an hour's drive. It's a beautiful part of the country and there's lots to do and see in the area. But the biggest draw has to be the peace and quiet. I think an average of three or four cars passed by each day and other than that it's just you and the wildlife.
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
golf, fishing, cycling, hunting,
Ideal for authors & quiet study
Nearest beach is 25 miles at Carnoustie
Own transport recommended due to rural location on site parking for up to 2 vehicles, additional parking locally.
Airports at Dundee 25 miles
Glasgow 70 miles
Trains Dundee 25 miles
Perth 34 miles
Arbroath 27 miles
Shops available in Kirriemuir 6 mile, Forfar 15 miles, Dundee 25miles
Additional accommodation twin or double bed with en-suite in the fully serviced adjacent Armadilla can be rented for an additional 2 people at £ 150 per full week.
Neighboring property for extended families or group breaks Ref SC1108 Sleeps up to 6
Additional accommodation options locally available
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
Tel: 07973 225560
Payment by bank transfer
Deposit: 10% non refundable deposit with booking
Balance: 90% payable 6 weeks before booking
Payment for bookings less than 30 days 100% with booking
BACS payment preferred
Payment by credit card incur a 5% administration fee
Change over preferred Saturday. Arrive after 3pm Saturday, depart by 10am Saturday.
Short breaks @ Monday - Friday or others charged at 60% of full week rate
Notes on prices:
Prices include heating, electric, linen & towels.
We also supply the first basket of logs.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 Bath WC Basin, Shaving point Shower room Shower WC Basin Underfloor heating Armadilla En-suite Shower Room, Shower WC
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin single beds, Lounge with double sofa bed. Optional Armadilla Self contained 2 twin beds with en-suite
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Auldallan Cottage has a private water supply with full water treatment plant and septic tank. Outside: The cottage is tucked in on the south facing slope of Quharity Glen with extensive views east along the glen. The natural hillside garden was formed during the last glaciation. There is a wide seating area with picnic table and additional garden seats. The lower level of the garden is a grassed area partially enclosed by a traditional stone wall and frequently visited by a range of wildlife including amongst others, deer, stoats, rabbits and pheasants. There is also available, as an additional option, a self contained Armadilla Glamping Pod, this unique self contained accommodation has twin/double bed, en-suite shower/toilet, fridge, TV/DVD, wardrobe, is fully insulated and has electric underfloor heating. This popular accommodation is positioned to provide privacy with a magnificent unrivaled commanding view down the glen. A clothes drying rack is available in the garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen included, property cleaned at turnaround. Bedding and bed linen changed after 1 week at additional cost